Wednesday, September 30, 2020

2020 Fantasy Football Week 4 Rankings

Remember in 2017 when Hurricane Irma gave the Dolphins and Bucs each a Week 1 bye?  That was a weird way to start the season but nothing compared to the scheduling issues COVID could cause this year.  As of right now, the Steelers/Titans and Vikings/Texans games will go on as planned, but stay tuned.  If more positive cases pop up and postponing the game until Monday or Tuesday isn't even an option, these teams could all end up just having an early Week 4 bye.  I hope the games go on as planned and everything is fine, but I'm skeptical.  We saw what happened with teams like the Marlins and Cardinals in baseball just a couple of months ago.  It worked out OK I guess, but you can't exactly play a football double header, can you?  I'm interested to see how this all unfolds, and I just hope we can make it through this season.  And if it means the NFL adds another week or two at the end of the regular season (extra bye week for everyone?), so be it.  I'd be perfectly fine with the Super Bowl being played on President's Day weekend.  In fact, can we just do that, NFL?  If you won't change it to Super Bowl Saturday, at least give me an easy Monday to take off work after the big game!




Anyway, that went off the rails a bit.  I know why you're here, and it's the rankings.  Let's get to it!

Cheers,
Bart


>


QBs
I liked for Brady to bounce back in Week 3, and he finished as a top-10 play.  I also kept Gardner Minshew in my top-12, and he disappointed big time against the Dolphins on Thursday Night Football.  I was low on Drew Brees versus the ECR, and that turned out to be wrong.  Alvin Kamara's long touchdown reception (most of which was just him running down the field) certainly helped, and Kamara actually had two receiving TDs on the night.  That's not going to happen every week, and I'll still have Brees relatively low until Michael Thomas is back in the lineup.  That could happen as soon as this week (which I'm projecting), so Brees is certainly in starter territory against the Lions.

Another guy I view as a starter this week is Jared Goff against the Giants.  I have him as a top-12 play and about 5 spots higher than the ECR.  In that same game, I'm staying down on Daniel Jones who has looked terrible to start the season (albeit against very tough opponents).  Better fantasy days are ahead for Jones, but I'm not sure that starts until Week 5...




RBs
I talked up James Robinson in this spot last week, and he had a great game against the Dolphins.  I love his workload and will continue to plug him into my lineup until something changes.  I was way down on Nyheim Hines, who the ECR had near the top-30.  I barely had him in my top-50, but the ECR was right.  He bounced back and was more involved in the blowout win against the Jets (definitely more involved than I thought he'd be).  This week I'm assuming Chris Carson is out, so I have Carlos Hyde as a top-20 RB.  Right now the ECR has him as the RB33, which is way too low in a game in Miami in which he'll almost certainly find the endzone.  I'm a little bit down versus the ECR on Devin Singletary, who basically had the backfield to himself last week with Zack Moss out with a toe injury.  Well, Moss is back at practice and a top-40 RB for me this week.  That has me lowering Singletary outside of my top-20.




WRs
A few guys I liked 10 or so spots higher than the ECR last week: Julian Edelman, DeVante Parker, Russell Gage, and N'Keal Harry.  I'm not sure any of those were right, and my Week 3 accuracy ranking above 100 reflects it too.  I was relatively down on both Cleveland receivers & Michael Gallup.  Of course Gallup had a big game, but Landy and OBJ were bad.  The Browns won the game and ran all over Washington, and that meant Baker Mayfield had exactly 23 pass attempts for the second week in a row.  It's possible this week could be different against Dallas though.  I fully expect the Cowboys to put up points and potentially be leading much of this game.  If that's the case, Baker will have to throw more and the receivers could be a little more involved.

A guy I really like this week and who is in my top-20 is DeVante Parker.  I'll be playing him in DFS, as he's facing a Seattle team that is giving up so many fantasy points to WRs...like WAY more than any other team.  I think Fitzpatrick will put up some numbers in this one and could have a Jameis Winston type of game: 350 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, 1 Fumble Lost...oh and a loss.  But give me all of the DeVante Parker in Week 4.




After three weeks, the tight end position is starting to become slightly more clear, and I'm not really high/low versus the ECR on too many guys.  The same pretty much goes for defenses, so if you're looking for a streamer for either, just check my rankings!  I have had bad luck with tight ends in my main league for the second year in a row.  Last year it was Hunter Henry and Will Dissly.  This year it's been Blake Jarwin and Dallas Goedert (and to a lesser extent Jared Cook, who I assume could miss some time with this groin injury).  This week I'm rolling out Dalton Schultz in that league, and I'm hoping he can be this year's Dissly for me...at least for a few weeks please!


If you're interested in my betting picks for Week 4, here they are:

No comments:

Post a Comment