Wednesday, October 7, 2020

2020 Fantasy Football Week 5 Rankings

I'm on vacation this week, so this is going to be a quick one.  No lead in.  No fluff.  No pictures. 

Just rankings and a quick hit at a couple of positions.  Let's do this!



QBs
I liked Jared Goff against the Giants last week, but he didn't pan out as a top-12 play like I thought he would.  But in that same game, I stayed down on Daniel Jones who has looked terrible to start the season (albeit against very tough opponents).  I said better fantasy days are ahead for Jones, but that wasn't going to start until Week 5.  Danny Dimes was once again straight trash last week, and this is really a make or break week against the porous Dallas defense.  I think he can get back on track, but we'll see...

RBs
Last week I talked up Carlos Hyde and spoke badly of Devin Singletary, but a lot changed between Wednesday and Sunday.  I get these rankings out every Wednesday, but you have to especially pay attention to those Friday injury reports.  My rankings were very different come Sunday, and I obviously removed Hyde (who was inactive) and bumped Singletary up when Moss was out.  This is really just a reminder to take note when guys are limited and/or don't practice.  Get those waiver wire claims in on Tuesday night, but also see who people have waived to make their own weekly claims.  And check those injuries on Friday/Saturday.  

WRs
A guy I really liked last week and who was in my top-20 was DeVante Parker.  He was facing a Seattle team that has been giving up so many fantasy points to WRs...like WAY more than any other team.  He easily finished as a top-20 WR, and this week you have to not only like Thielen but Justin Jefferson against the Seahawks who will once again be without Jamal Adams.  This week I really like Russell Gage, who I'm currently about 10 spots higher on versus the ECR.  Julio Jones will likely be out again, and Matt Ryan will absolutely throw the ball a ton.  Gage should get high volume and should end up as a top-30 WR.

If you're interested in my betting picks for Week 5, check em out...


No comments:

Post a Comment