Wednesday, October 14, 2020

2020 Fantasy Football Week 6 Rankings

On Monday night, I was actually stressing over whether or not I should play Justin Jackson in my FLEX or wait to play Diggs on Tuesday night.  With the uncertainty around the Titans and their Covid mess, I almost just played it safe with Jackson.  I was down a little over 8 points, and Jackson got that in the last drive of regulation.  Believe me, I was paying attention to see if I'd have regret of not playing him.  In the end, it didn't matter because Diggs had an even better game than Jackson and I won my matchup.  

But this highlights a bigger issue with the uncertainty around these games with teams dealing with Covid issues.  Many fantasy football leagues are implementing rules like replacement subs, expanding rosters for added flexibility, etc.  We've been chatting about this in one of my leagues for what feels like forever, but it's really only been a few days.  We've finally settled on a solution after multiple rounds of voting and of course not everyone being happy with the results.  But in the end, we have extra flexibility with our rosters for this season, and we'll likely just revert back to normal next year.  But who knows?  Maybe we'll like the expanded rosters, and people will realize the waiver wire actually isn't that thin.  Or maybe it'll increase trades.  Time will tell.

As for Week 6, let's get into the rankings, shall we?

Cheers,
Bart









QBs
Last week felt like a make or break week for Daniel Jones against a bad Dallas defense, and he fell on his face again.  I still feel like he can get back on track, but how many chances should I give him?  I'm certainly not trusting him enough to start him in any leagues, but I'm still holding out hope he could turn it around in the second half of the season.  Maybe it's the definition of insanity thing.  I don't know.

This week, I have two Ryans in my top-12 and I don't mean Matt.  Tannehill and Fitzpatrick have both been consistently putting up really good fantasy numbers, but Matt Ryan hasn't thrown a touchdown pass in October yet!  I have started Matt Ryan a couple of times this season, but I'm looking elsewhere (at least until Julio is back and healthy).  If I can stream Fitzpatrick against the Jets, I just might.




RBs
Last week I kept my entire rankings brief because I was on vacation, so not much to recap with the RBs.  This week I currently have Phillip Lindsay 15 spots higher than ECR, and I feel like I still need to move him up.  My expectation is that Melvin Gordon won't play after getting pulled over for speeding and a DUI, and that means plenty of work for Lindsay against the Patriots.  I think he could have a big game if he has the backfield mostly to himself.  

On the flipside, a guy I'm way down on is Malcolm Brown.  The ECR has him as a top-30 RB, but I barely have him in my top-50.  McVay has already hinted that Cam Akers is going to get more work this week, and I think Henderson will still be plenty involved.  That should leave Brown as the third RB in this committee, and I have a feeling he won't do much of anything this week.  In fact, if he stinks this week and all of these RBs are healthy, he'll be an easy drop heading into Week 7.




WRs
I really liked Russell Gage last week with Julio likely out (he was) and the volume should have been there for Gage.  I thought he'd end up as a top-30 WR, but he had a dud for the third straight week.  He started off the season strong in the first couple of weeks, and those were the big Matt Ryan weeks against the Cowboys and Seahawks.  He and Ryan both haven't done much since then though, and I have a hard time trusting either in Minnesota here in Week 6.

One guy I'll trust is A.J. Brown.  He looked great last night against the Bills, and the Titans don't have a ton of healthy receiving options outside of A.J. and Jonnu.  Both should be great options against the Texans this week, and I have A.J. Brown currently about 10 spots higher than ECR and inside my top-12.  I'm not big on Terry McLaurin this week against the Giants.  ECR has him as a top-12 play, but he's way down at WR28 for me right now.  He's plenty talented, but he didn't look great last week in his first game with a QB other than Haskins.  I'm not saying Kyle Allen isn't an upgrade over Haskins.  I'm just saying the connection may or may not be there yet with McLaurin, so I'm not ranking him as a WR1 until I see it.





Here are my betting picks for Week 6.  I had a bad week in Week 5, especially with my over/under picks.  I'm in the red on those picks for the season, but I'm above water with my ATS and Moneyline picks so far.  Let's see if I can bounce back with all of these here in Week 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment