Wednesday, September 23, 2020

2020 Fantasy Football Week 3 Rankings

I want to start this week's rankings by talking about my betting picks.  If you don't care about those, feel free to skip down to my fantasy position rankings.  If you do care about those, I'd like to point out that I was 4-1 ATS, 5-2 over/under, and 4-2 on the moneyline in Week 1.  But all of that positivity was negated in Week 2 when I went 4-6 ATS, 2-6-1 over/under, and 3-3 on the moneyline.  I think I fell into the trap of picking too many games, but I also flat out got some things wrong that I felt like were sure things (like the Chiefs and Saints for instance).  

I'll try to be better about being selective this week, and we'll see how it goes.  If you want to get to those picks, head straight to the bottom.  Otherwise, let's start by getting into the Week 3 rankings, shall we?

Cheers,
Bart






QBs
I stayed high on Gardner Minshew last week, and I kind of liked Joe Burrow to show up on Thursday Night Football.  I had both guys as top-15 fantasy QBs in Week 2, and both finished in the top-12!  One guy I thought could finish outside of the top-15 again was Tom Brady, but the ECR had him as a top-12 fantasy QB.  His receivers let him down and had some bad drops, but that left him with a rough stat line and one of the worst starting fantasy QBs in Week 2.




I like for Brady to bounce back this week, but I'm not ready to get him back into my top-12 just yet.  Minshew is staying in my top-12 though, and Tannehill is in there for me too.  I'm currently 5 spots higher on him versus the ECR, and I'm 5 spots lower on Drew Brees.  I'm not ready to trust him against the Packers without Michael Thomas and after he didn't do much in the first two weeks.  There are just more interesting options than Brees right now.


RBs
While most people are talking about rookies like CEH and Jonathan Taylor, James Robinson isn't getting much love.  I get it.  He was undrafted, from a small school, and he plays for the Jags.  But I was a little high on him last week, and he had a great game against the Titans.  He plays tomorrow night against the Dolphins, and he cracks my top-20 RBs.  I love going with the workload with running backs, and the Jags are actually a favorite in this matchup.  I'm going to roll with him until something changes in this backfield, and it could just look like this all season!  I also have Myles Gaskin as a top-30 RB in tomorrow night's game.  He has had the most touches in Miami's backfield, and it's not even close.  You could do worse with a FLEX option, and I have Gaskin 10 spots higher than the ECR.

I'm way down on Nyheim Hines, who the ECR has near the top-30.  I currently have him all the way down at RB47 because I think Week 2 was more of the game plan moving forward. Hines was involved in Week 1 when Marlon Mack was healthy for part of the game and the Colts trailed the Jags.  Then in Week 2, it was all Jonathan Taylor as Indy easily handled the Vikings.  As double digit favorites against the Jets this week, it'll be more Taylor, and I'm afraid Hines could end up with only a handful of touches.


WRs
I was completely wrong about Anthony Miller as a top-30 WR last week.  I don't know what happened to guys like him and Will Fuller, but some dudes just disappeared in Week 2 (and not due to injury!).  Fuller isn't on the injury report this week, so I still have him as a top-20 WR, but I don't feel great about it!  A few guys I like 10 or so spots higher than the ECR: Julian Edelman, DeVante Parker, Russell Gage, and N'Keal Harry.  I'm relatively down on both Browns receivers & Michael Gallup.  In fact, I think we may have already seen CeeDee Lamb overtake Gallup, but it's still too early to tell.




TEs
I was also dead wrong being down on Mike Gesicki against the Bills.  That Buffalo defense hadn't allowed many fantasy points to the tight end position in a long time, but Gesicki balled out.  Darren Waller also went off on Monday night, and he's a locked in top-5 tight end rest of season.  Speaking of ROS rankings, I've been working on those and will post them starting maybe next week.  So stay tuned. 

Like I said last week, I'm not going to really talk much about defenses moving forward.  If you want to find a streamer, just take a look at my top-12 or so defenses in any given week.

Here are my betting picks for Week 3, which will change as we get closer to Sunday:

No comments:

Post a Comment