Wednesday, October 2, 2019

2019 Fantasy Football Week 5 Rankings

I've been using the FantasyPros platform for my rankings for about a year now, but this is the first season I've been included in the accuracy rankings.  So I was pretty pumped when I saw I cracked the top-10 for Week 4!  But much like your fantasy team, there's no time to bask in the glory of a win.  OK.  Maybe you can bask for an hour or so, but that's it!  Basking time over!

It's time to get back to the grind, make those waiver claims, and adjust your roster for Week 5.  The bye weeks are in full force now, but it hardly feels like it since I can't imagine many people missing Dolphins from their fantasy teams.  Lions, sure.  Dolphins?  Just waive them and move on.  Or for most of you, just continue to scroll over them as you look at the waiver wire.

Image result for melvin gordon chargersThe Antonio Brown drama feels like it's finally over, and October suddenly feels like Melvin Gordon SZN.  Week 5 means also means our first game of 2019 in London, but it's the Chase Daniel-led Bears against the mediocre Raiders.  At least the game isn't on at 9am EST though, right?  It can blend into Red Zone with the rest of the 1:00 games, and we can see those David Montgomery highlights along with all of the other TDs.  Yeah, I like for the rookie to break out in this one.

Let's check out the rest of my Week 5 rankings along with my picks versus the spread & over/under at the end!







QBs
I was actually a little high on Derek Carr versus the ECR last week, and he played well against a banged up Colts defense.  Don't trust him against the Bears though.  There are much better streaming options this week like Jacoby Brissett or Andy Dalton.  Yes, I realize Dalton was terrible on Monday Night Football.  That's what he does.  You can trust him this week against the Cardinals at home.  

RBs
Image result for damien williams chiefsI liked Darrel Williams as a potential FLEX play last week, and he didn't disappoint with over 50 total yards and two TDs.  But this week it looks like Damien Williams might be healthy for the Sunday night game against the Colts, so it's time to mix that group up a bit again.  I tend to think Damien and Shady will split time and Darrel will be the odd man out, but we shall see.  I mentioned how I like David Montgomery to finally break out against the Raiders this week.  He's been getting the touches.  He just hasn't done much with them.  You have to like the usage though, and I think Oakland's defense is just what the doctor ordered.  I'm also ready to trust Melvin Gordon right away, and I've already lowered Austin Ekeler well below the ECR.  We'll see if that's how it plays out, but that's how I see it.

WRs
I was WAY high on Marquez Valdes-Scantling last week, who broke out a little bit against the Broncos in Week 3.  I thought he would go for 99+ yards and a score for the second week in a row, but that didn't happen on Thursday night.  With Davante Adams likely missing a week or two though, I'm keeping MVS high in my rankings, and I've moved Allison way up as well.  This week I also really like Phillip Dorsett who has a great matchup in Washington.  He was peppered with targets last week, but Buffalo's defense is just flat out good.  Washington's is not.  I'll probably be plugging him into my own FLEX spot this week because I trust 7 or 8 targets from Tom Brady in a game where I think he'll look to put up some numbers after a down week.

TEs
Image result for tyler eifertWill Dissly (aka Big Montana!) kept it rolling against a Cardinal defense that continues to give up the most points to tight ends.  Can you trust Tyler Eifert this week against Arizona?  Yeah, I think you can.  I continue to be down on Jared Cook, which is probably helping my tight end position accuracy.  The guy doesn't even have 100 receiving yards combined in his first four games.  I know the tight end position is a wasteland, but I don't see how you can really consider playing him right now.

DEFs
I'll admit I was kind of high on the Packers defense in the Thursday night game.  They had been really good through 3 weeks, but Wentz and the Eagles made them look pretty terrible.  In fact, Jordan Howard owned them.  Yes, that Jordan Howard.  I wasn't down on many defenses, but I doubled down on the Browns and slightly faded the Ravens.  That turned out to be a good call.  This week I'm rolling with Sacksonville as a top-5 unit.  Kyle Allen had some bad turnovers last week against the Texans, and I think this defense could cause a few this week as well.  I'm not as high as the ECR on the Bengals because I just don't think that defense is very good, and I also like the over in that game.  I can see both of these offenses putting up a lot of points in this one.

Let's see who else I like with my Week 5 picks!




Cheers,
Bart



1 comment:

  1. You can also obtain local broadcasts of games too, based on your geographical area. Find more interesting information about stream foot here.

    ReplyDelete