Wednesday, October 16, 2019

2019 Fantasy Football Week 7 Rankings

I didn't end up watching a lot of football last Sunday.  My nephew was in town playing in a soccer tournament (which they won!), and I hadn't seen him play in a solid 5 years.  So I spent a good amount of my time watching his U-11 team last weekend, and it was really cool to see him so excited when they won their last game against a team who had beaten them the day before.

NOTE: In a 12 team fantasy league, that's also known as Weeks 12 & 13.  :)

Image result for jared goffSo I was watching kids playing soccer while the Bucs/Panthers game started in London.  I had the start/sit decision at QB between Jared Goff and Jameis Winston.  I wasn't crazy about either, but I gave the edge to Goff because of the total points expected, and I just thought Winston would have a bad game.  Turns out I was right about Winston.  He turned the ball over 6 times, but he still managed 400 passing yards and a 4th quarter touchdown.  Still, I felt good about my start/sit decision as I waited for the later games to kickoff.

I wasn't watching the Rams/Niners game when it started, but I saw on my phone they had a great opening drive that ended with a Robert Woods rushing touchdown.  While I wasn't too happy about that as a Goff owner, I figured this had the makings of a shootout after that good looking opening drive.  Oh how wrong that was.  That was virtually all the offense the Rams would produce in the entire game, and Goff barely finished with positive fantasy points.  I really shouldn't say "points" because he actually ended up with more than zero but less than 1 point in my league.

It's crazy to think that after the Winston debacle of a game, I'd actually want those fantasy points I left on the bench with him.  Luckily I didn't need those fantasy points to win my matchup because fantasy football is just like that sometimes.  In a week where I scored under 100 for the first time all season, I still managed to squeak out the W.

I definitely feel fortunate getting that win, and it's time to refocus and get my team back over the century mark for weekly fantasy points.  With the Bucs, Browns, Panthers, and Steelers all off this week, there are a lot of holes to fill on fantasy rosters.  Hopefully my rankings can help you out!





QBs
After Kirk Cousins torched a bad Giant secondary in Week 5, I was willing to roll him back out there as a streamer against an even worse Eagle unit.  I had him 6 spots higher than the ECR, and that worked out pretty well since he finished as a top-5 QB.  A guy I have near the top-5 this week and currently 5 spots higher than the ECR is Carson Wentz.  He's had multiple touchdowns in every game this season except for the Week 5 blowout of the Jets in which he didn't even throw the ball 30 times.  He'll definitely throw the ball more than 30 times against Dallas.  He has 7 touchdowns in his last 3 games against the Cowboys, so 2-3 scores feels likely.  If he somehow gets DeSean Jackson back this week, I might bump him up another spot or two.

RBs
Image result for joe mixonMy biggest hit in Week 6 was that I was 10 spots higher than the ECR on Tevin Coleman, and he had a solid game in that somewhat surprising victory over the Rams.  He's in my top-12 this week against Washington, and I have Breida nearly in my top-24.  If you happen to have both, start em both!  A guy I'm down on versus the ECR this week is Joe Mixon.  I realize he's the bellcow for that offense, but that offense is the Bengals.  Mixon has fewer than 40 total yards in half of his games this season.  You're probably starting him with all of the bye weeks and likely how your roster is constructed if you own him, but I wouldn't feel great about it.

WRs
With all of the byes and injuries piling up, I ranked Jakobi Meyers as nearly a top-50 WR last week.  I realized that was pretty far down my rankings, but he was a serviceable play in a deeper league catching 4 balls for 54 yards.  I liked Calvin Ridley and Curtis Samuel a lot more than the ECR, and that worked out nicely.  But I also liked guys like Willie Snead and Demarcus Robinson more than the ECR, and that was not so good.  It's always a mixed bag, and I'm sure this week will be the same.  Right now I'm more than 25 spots higher than the ECR on guys like Tavon Austin, Phillip Dorsett, and Allen Lazard.  That could totally change between now and Sunday, but just some guys to think about if you're scrambling for a receiver and the waiver wire looks thin.  I bet those guys are all still out there.

TEs
Image result for jason witten yellingIn Week 5, Tyler Eifert broke the trend of tight ends going off against Arizona, but we all knew Austin Hooper would start another streak.  As long as Evan Engram is healthy here in Week 7, he's a lock for a top-5 finish against the Cardinals.  I got a goose egg from the tight end position last week because Will Dissly tore his Achilles and had no catches before leaving the game.  I feel bad for the guy, as he was having a great start to the season.  I thought he'd be my starter the entire year, but now I'm scrambling to make a trade.  This week I picked up Jason Witten who I like slightly more than the ECR against the Eagles.  With Amari Cooper and potentially Randall Cobb also out for this game, I expect Witten to at least get plenty of targets.  And with the tight end position, after the first few guys, that's about all you can ask for.

DEFs
Speaking of the Cowboys, I didn't buy them as a top-5 fantasy defense against the Jets, but the ECR had them at #2 last week!  They didn't do much in another surprising loss, and I'm down on them again this week.  I know they play better at home, but I have them outside of my top-20.  It's tough for me to recommend a streaming defense this week that I like more than the ECR, so just check the rankings and see if you can grab someone in my top-12.


I was a terrible 1-7-1 ATS in Week 5, but I did better in Week 6.  Still not great though, as I was 4-4.  I was 4-1 with my over/under picks in Week 5, and I kept it rolling in Week 6 going 6-2.  I've definitely done better with my O/U picks, and let's see if that continues here in Week 7!



Cheers,
Bart

8 comments:

  1. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. ดูบอล123

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. เว็บแทงบอลดีที่สุด

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! เทคนิคแทงบอลเต็ง

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. เว็บดูบอลสดฟรี

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. ข่าวบอลต่างประเทศ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. 해외축구중계

    ReplyDelete