Wednesday, October 23, 2019

2019 Fantasy Football Week 8 Rankings

Image result for saquon barkleyIt's been a busy week, so I'm going to skip the intro and get right into the rankings.  The Ravens and Cowboys are the only teams off this week, so hopefully you're not getting hit too hard with players on a bye here in Week 8.

Let's get to it!




QBs
A guy I had near the top-5 in Week 7 and a few spots higher than the ECR was Carson Wentz.  He had multiple touchdowns in every game this season except for the Week 5 blowout of the Jets in which he didn't even throw the ball 30 times.  He flat out sucked against Dallas though, and that was a bad call on my part.  I was actually highest on Dak last week, as I had him 6 spots higher than the ECR and in my top-5.  He finished 8th, so you were definitely happy if you started him, and he certainly did better than Wentz.  This week I have Matthew Stafford as a top-5 play, and I'm 9 spots lower than the ECR on Kyler Murray.  I think the Saints are going to beat the Cardinals something like 24-10 at home.

RBs
Even though he's clearly the bellcow back for the Bengals, I was still down on Joe Mixon versus the ECR last week.  In fact I was 10 spots lower than the expert consensus ranking of him, and he finished at #28 exactly where I ranked him.  If it weren't for his 2 yard receiving touchdown, he would've been one of the worst running backs in Week 7.  If you haven't been benching already, now is the time.  He's now outside of my top-30, and the ECR more or less agrees with me now.

Image result for tarik cohen gifI'm not high/low on too many RBs versus the ECR this week, but I kind of like Tarik Cohen against the Chargers.  He's been getting plenty of targets lately, and David Montgomery has NOT looked good.  Cohen was a slow starter last season too, and it's possible he gets it going this week.  If you're looking for a FLEX, you could certainly do worse than a guy who could break a huge TD at any moment.

WRs
My top-10 was a lot different than the ECR last week.  I had guys like D.J. Chark and Brandin Cooks up there, and that didn't work out too well.  Deeper into my WR rankings I liked Geronimo Allison (+20), Duke Williams (+24), and Kenny Stills (+24).  Duke dealt with an injury.  Geronimo dealt with not being a very good receiver.  As for Stills, he finished in the top-20 after Will Fuller left with a hamstring injury.  This week I actually like him more than the ECR (+10), and I'm ranking him inside my top-25.  I'm really high on DaeSean Hamilton (+28), but maybe that will change in the next couple of days when the rankings catch up to the Emmanuel Sanders news.  Maybe not though.  I think the hole Sanders leaves will quickly be filled by DaeSean, and I think he could end up being a WR3 the rest of the season.  

TEs
Image result for josh hill saintsIn Week 5, Tyler Eifert broke the trend of tight ends going off against Arizona, but we all knew Austin Hooper would start another streak in Week 6.  But in Week 7, it wasn't Evan Engram against the Cardinals but rather Rhett Ellison who found the end zone.  With Jared Cook likely out again, don't sleep on Josh Hill this week.  He faces Arizona and could get a touchdown for the second week in a row.  I currently have him 8 spots higher than the ECR, and he could be a decent streamer if you're desperate.

DEFs
I was down on the Cowboys for the second week in a row, but they actually finished as a top-10 unit against the Eagles on Sunday night.  That was a big surprise to me, but they do tend to be better at home.  I guess I should take that more into consideration.  This week I like the Jags as a top-10 play against a Jets squad whose quarterback is seeing ghosts.  I realize Jacksonville is nowhere near the defense that New England is this year, but I think they could still put up some decent numbers.


I've definitely done better with my O/U picks this season, and that trend continued in Week 7.  While I was only 3-3-1 ATS, I went 7-4 with my over/under picks.  We'll see what happens here in Week 8!




Cheers,
Bart

2 comments: