Wednesday, October 9, 2019

2019 Fantasy Football Week 6 Rankings

Image result for chris godwinFor the second week in a row, I left fantasy points on my bench due to a player having a questionable tag and a late game.  Fortunately for me, it didn't matter in either case (I still won both matchups).  It's a lesson I almost learned from Week 4 with Chris Godwin, but not quite.  In Week 5, I picked up Jordan Wilkins in preparation for Marlon Mack potentially sitting out the Sunday night game.  But I got cold feet at the last minute and plugged Wayne Gallman into my lineup.  Of course that turned out to be the wrong choice due to Gallman leaving the game super early with a concussion, and Mack had a solid game against the Chiefs.  If this happens again, I'll try the backup plan strategy and hope my starters continue to play through the questionable tag.

This week, with Mack on a bye and Saquon/Gallman both out tomorrow night, I won't really have any lineup decisions to make.  I'm basically starting everyone on my team who is healthy.  If you're also struggling with byes/injuries here in Week 6, hopefully my rankings can help navigate you to a win!






QBs
My QB rankings don't deviate too much from the ECR.  That's just the nature of the position as we're now almost halfway through the fantasy regular season.  But after last week's performance against a bad Giant secondary, I'm willing to trust Kirk Cousins as a streamer against what may be an even worse Eagle unit.  As a Dalvin Cook owner, I don't like to see Philly on the schedule.  But if you own Thielen, you should be licking your chops.  And I think Cousins could have a 300 yard day and 2+ touchdowns in Week 6.  

RBs
Image result for kenyan drake dolphinsI liked David Montgomery to finally break out against the Raiders last week in London, but his numbers just haven't been there yet.  He still got plenty of touches and found the endzone, so you were fine if you started him.  But the breakout will have to wait until at least Week 7.  This week, I like Kenyan Drake a bit more than the ECR against a bad Washington defense.  I tend to like teams coming off their bye week because everyone gets a little healthier with the extra time off.  In the case of the Dolphins, they can use every edge they can get.  Still, I think Drake could pile up some yardage and maybe even find the endzone in what is expected to be a low-scoring affair.  With two bad defenses, I think it could actually go over the total, and Drake is a borderline RB2 for me this week.

WRs
I really liked Phillip Dorsett last week, who had a great matchup in Washington.  I even liked him enough to plug him into my FLEX spot...How did I still win my matchup last week?!?  Oh right.  Everyone else balled out.  Anyway, Dorsett left in the first quarter with a hamstring injury and didn't return.  He's already been ruled out for tomorrow night's game, which has me ranking Jakobi Meyers as a top-50 WR.  I realize that's still pretty far down my rankings, but with all of the byes and injuries, maybe you take a flyer in a deeper league.


TEs
In Week 5, Tyler Eifert broke the trend of tight ends going off against Arizona, but Austin Hooper should be ready to start another streak this week.  The tight end position is so awful to rank.  After the top 6 or so, just throw a dart.  Jimmy Graham on Monday Night Football?  Sure, especially if Davante Adams misses another game.  Jared Cook finally found the endzone last week.  Can he do it again?  Probably not, but whatever.  If you don't have one of the top-6, just follow your heart.

DEFs
Image result for sad cowboys defense packersI'm having a hard time buying the Cowboys as a top-3 fantasy defense this week like the ECR currently has them.  With the Jets getting Sam Darnold back, I have to think this offense will look much better this week.  Dallas looked terrible against the Packers and couldn't stop Aaron Jones.  This could be a big day for Le'Veon Bell, and if Darnold can take care of the ball, I'm not so sure the Cowboys are an elite play this week.


Last week was one to forget for my picks against the spread.  I was a terrible 1-7-1.  YIKES!  I made up for it slightly going 4-1 with my over/under picks, but those ATS picks were awful.  It's crazy the ups and downs with the betting picks.  I had the #1 rankings of all of the FantasyPros experts for Week 3, and I was nearly the worst in Week 5.  I'm still above the Expert Consensus line for the season, but I'd like to bounce back to get my overall ranking back up there.  For now, here are my picks for Week 6.  I'll adjust them as the week goes on, so feel free to check back if you care to see my updates.






Cheers,
Bart

1 comment:

  1. nice http://hailtofantasyfootball.blogspot.com/2019/10/2019-fantasy-football-week-6-rankings.html

    ReplyDelete