Wednesday, November 6, 2019

2019 Fantasy Football Week 10 Rankings

Week 9 was a "burn the tape" kind of week for me.  I lost in my money league for the first time since Week 1, and my betting picks were the worst all season. I'm talking 5-10 bad.  Ugh.

I was also bad with my rankings.  I'd been struggling with the tight end position all year, and wouldn't you know it?  I actually finished 16th at that position in Week 9.  Not bad, right?  The problem was all of the other positions.  I didn't even crack the top-100 in a couple of those.  Yikes!

Image result for ryan tannehillMy biggest question heading into last week was the Patriot defense and whether or not they'd show up against Lamar Jackson and the Ravens.  Well, they definitely came back down to earth and now have their bye week.  After that, they return to face the likes of Wentz, Dak, Watson, and Mahomes.  I might actually be rolling with two defenses for the next month because I'm not sure I'll be able to trust the Patriots in Weeks 12-14.  But if you own the Patriots defense you likely have a good record, and you'll want to hang onto them for the fantasy playoffs when they get the Bengals and Bills in Weeks 15 and 16.

In any event, it's on to Week 10 with the bye-pocalype upon us.  You'll probably be starting someone you wouldn't ordinarily be starting this week, so hopefully I can give you someone better than Phillip Dorsett or Danny Amendola.  I liked both last week more than the ECR, but both were duds.  And I definitely need to get back on track with my betting picks.  Last week was a nightmare!

Let's see who I like here in Week 10, shall we?

To the rankings!







QBs
I was highest on Ryan Tannehill versus the ECR last week (+8), and I only had him ranked as my #17 QB.  Tannehill finished as a top-10 QB, so he once again proved to be a great streamer.  That streak could certainly end this week, but I'm going to ride the hot hand and rank him nearly in my top-12.

RBs
Image result for kenyan drakeIn Week 8, I was down on studs with bad matchups like Nick Chubb and Derrick Henry.  The ECR had them as top-12 plays, but I did not.  Neither finished as top-20 RBs in Week 8, and Henry especially struggled against Tampa's stout run defense.  That had me keeping Chris Carson outside of my top-12 RBs last week, and I was 7 spots lower than the ECR on him.  That turned out to be right as Carson didn't finish in the top-20 against the Bucs.  David Johnson and Kenyan Drake are hard enough to figure out this week, and factor in that their facing that run D and it's hard to rank either in the top-25 (even with all of the bye weeks!).

WRs
Last week I said I wasn't sure how many times I could be high on Phillip Dorsett before I finally give up on him.  Well, I think it's time to give up on him.  It seemed like Mohamed Sanu played every snap, and he had a huge game against the Ravens.  I expect more of the same after his bye week, and Dorsett will likely be fairly boom or bust (heavy on the latter).  As for Sanu, I look at him as the #2 WR in New England now, and he will likely be the #1 guy over Edelman some weeks as well.

TEs
Remember when I said if I could figure out how to rank tight ends better I could probably be closer to top-30 or 40 in Expert Accuracy for the season?  Well, that only works if I do well in the other positions too.  I hope to keep it going this week at the position, and maybe being down on guys like Ebron and Hockenson will help and not hurt my accuracy!

DEFs
I talked about the Browns/Broncos game in this spot last week.  I had the Browns as a top-10 play but not the Broncos.  As it turned out, neither was a top-10 unit, so I was half right.  Back to the Browns for a second though.  I thought Week 9 was going to be the turning point for their season, but I was wrong.  Apparently the Browns are going to continue to be the Browns for a while longer.  We'll see if Week 10 is finally the time they turn it around.  You never know.  They could be like the 2012 Redskins who were 3-6 after Week 9 and ended up winning 7 straight and taking the division with a 10-6 record!  I realize that's an extreme example, but the schedule is still quite nice for the Browns: BUF, PIT, MIA, @PIT, CIN, @ARI, BAL, @CIN.  


I've already mentioned it was a ROUGH week for me with my picks versus the spread in Week 9 (ATS & O/U).  I was doing really well through 8 weeks, but Week 9 really brought me down.  But like I said, it was a burn the tape week.  Time to get back on track.

Let's check out my Week 10 picks below:





Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment