Tuesday, August 26, 2014

2014 Fantasy Football Rankings v4.0

Now that my main league's draft weekend is over, I'm shuffling up my rankings quite a bit for my fun league.  It's always down to the last-minute with that league, but I'm pretty sure we'll be drafting on Labor Day.  I guess we'll see if that happens, but either way I'll now have a top-200 if it does.  If not, this list should help me with my Week 1 rankings (which I'll try to have out by Monday evening).

I'd love to wait until next Wednesday or so to get my Week 1 rankings done, but my wife and I will be on vacation in Texas.  So I'll try to get them out early (way earlier than all of the expert lists, I'm sure).  It should be a true test for the first week of the NFL season.  Speaking of which, we'll be capping off our week at NRG Stadium in Houston to hopefully watch my Redskins destroy the Texans (look for us on tv!).

For now, here's my updated pre-draft rankings.  I tried to make comments next to players I moved around, but there are so many that I'm not sure I got them all.

Cheers,
Bart

1. LeSean McCoy: I moved Shady up to the top spot, but you can't go wrong with any of the first 3...
2. Jamaal Charles
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Matt Forte
5. Eddie Lacy
6. Jimmy Graham
7. Calvin Johnson
8. Demaryius Thomas: He's right behind Megatron.  I think he's in for a HUGE year with Decker gone.
9. Marshawn Lynch: Down a couple of spots. The over-usage in recent years is a bit of a concern.
10. DeMarco Murray
11. Montee Ball
12. Giovani Bernard: Getting goal line work in the preseason.  Moved him back up a bit.
13. Dez Bryant
14. A.J. Green
15. Peyton Manning
16. Drew Brees
17. Aaron Rodgers
18. Doug Martin: Swapped him with Foster. Not as much of an injury concern, but maybe a lower ceiling.
19. Alfred Morris
20. Arian Foster
21. Zac Stacy: Down a couple of spots too, though I think he's still the undisputed #1 RB for the Rams.
22. Andre Ellington: Moved up quite a few spots. Has the potential to be "bellcow" in Arizona.
23. Le'Veon Bell: Lowered considerably, thinking Blount gets a decent share of the workload.
24. Brandon Marshall
25. Julio Jones
26. Jordy Nelson
27. Antonio Brown
28. Alshon Jeffery
29. Randall Cobb
30. Julius Thomas: Moved Thomas above Gronk.  Less injury concern, maybe similar production.
31. Rob Gronkowski
32. Rashad Jennings
33. Toby Gerhart
34. Victor Cruz: After doing my "Redeem Team" article, I realized I needed to move Cruz up a bit.
35. Roddy White: Same with Roddy.  His numbers before last year were insane, and I think he'll be fine.
36. Pierre Garcon
37. Keenan Allen
38. Andre Johnson
39. Larry Fitzgerald
40. Vincent Jackson
41. Frank Gore: In a non-keeper league, I felt the need to move Gore up considerably.
42. Joique Bell
43. Ben Tate: As long as he's healthy, I think he'll get at least 75% of the RB work in Cleveland.
44. Ryan Mathews
45. Reggie Bush
46. Shane Vereen
47. Cordarelle Patterson: Moved him and Torrey up together a little bit.
48. Torrey Smith
49. C.J. Spiller: He goes down a little with no keeper potential to factor in.
50. Bishop Sankey: Same here. In fact, I might need to lower more rookies.
51. Matthew Stafford: He and Luck are back up a bit because I'll need a QB without Peyton as a keeper.
52. Andrew Luck
53. Chris Johnson: Bumped him up slightly.  Ivory can't stay healthy, and the Jets will run a lot.
54. Lamar Miller
55. Ray Rice
56. Steven Jackson
57. Trent Richardson: His production in the preseason doesn't look any different than last year.
58. DeSean Jackson
59. Michael Crabtree
60. Michael Floyd: Moved him up to this tier.  He has elite WR potential.
61. Percy Harvin
62. Jordan Cameron
63. Fred Jackson: Wow.  I moved the old man up about 25 spots.  He still could be the #1 fantasy RB for the Bills.
64. Maurice Jones-Drew: Another older guy who is a boring pick, but solid at this point in a draft.
65. Wes Welker: Concussion has me moving Wes down a lot, maybe not far enough.
66. TY Hilton
67. Emmanuel Sanders: And because of the Welker injury, Sanders gets a big bump in value.
68. Golden Tate
69. Marques Colston
70. Terrance Williams
71. Mike Wallace: In Bill Lazor's offense, Wallace could put up much better numbers.
72. Julian Edelman: Down slightly. Other weapons in New England are healthy again.  At least for now...
73. Kendall Wright: He slid down this WR tier just a little bit too.
74. Pierre Thomas
75. Stevan Ridley
76. Cam Newton
77. Tom Brady
78. Matt Ryan
79. RGIII: Starting to get a little worried about my QB here, and I put him below Matty Ice for fantasy drafts.
80. Riley Cooper
81. Eric Decker
82. Vernon Davis
83. Greg Olsen
84. DeAngelo Williams: Moved DWill up slightly, along with some of these rookie RBs.
85. Carlos Hyde
86. Andre Williams  
87. Terrance West
88. Nick Foles
89. Russell Wilson
90. Colin Kaepernick
91. Cecil Shorts: He and Maclin/Bowe down several spots to this WR tier.
92. Jeremy Maclin
93. Dwayne Bowe
94. DeAndre Hopkins
95. Brandin Cooks
96. Reuben Randle: He breaks into the top-100 and this WR tier as well.
97. Jason Witten
98. Kyle Rudolph: He and Jordan Reed move up to this level.  TEs went fast in my last draft, so I'm moving some up.
99. Jordan Reed
100. Tony Romo: His back injury has me concerned and moving him down slightly but still in top-100.
101. Mike Evans
102. Sammy Watkins
103. LaGarrette Blount: Moved him up a ton.  Should get plenty of work, including goal line carries.
104. Bernard Pierce: Up slightly. Suffered a concussion against the Skins in preseason, but should be good for Week 1.
105. Jeremy Hill
106. Devonta Freeman
107. Chris Ivory
108. Dennis Pitta: Again, a couple of TEs moving slightly up the list.
109. Zach Ertz
110. Justin Hunter: And a couple of WRs who have risen in the rankings due to preseason hype/results.
111. Kelvin Benjamin
112. Knowshon Moreno: Dolphins now being coy about who the starter will be.  Moreno maybe too low even here.
113. Darren Sproles
114. Danny Woodhead
115. Mark Ingram: Has sort of been the #1 RB in preseason, so I had to at least put him above Khiry.
116. Darren McFadden
117. Jonathan Stewart: Looking good (and healthy) in preseason, so I have him up near top-100.
118. Lance Dunbar: Also looking like a change of pace back in Linehan's offense.  Could mean decent numbers.
119. Khiry Robinson
120. Reggie Wayne
121. Anquan Boldin
122. Danny Amendola
123. Markus Wheaton: It looks like he'll be the #2 WR for the Steelers, as he's been very active in the preseason games.
124. Andrew Hawkins
125. Martellus Bennett
126. Charles Clay: Moved him into the rankings, as I needed some more tight ends!
127. Dexter McCluster: Also new to the rankings, he could be this year's Danny Woodhead.
128. Ronnie Hillman: It's looking more and more like he'll have a role in Denver's offense.
129. Shonn Greene
130. Ahmad Bradshaw: Moved down to this RB tier, as I'm not sure how effective he could actually be.
131. Joanthan Grimes: Goodbye Andre Brown, hello opportunity for Grimes. You must handcuff him if you have Foster!
132. Jay Cutler
133. Philip Rivers
134. Andy Dalton
135. Johnny Manziel
136. Tavon Austin: Has been virtually non-existent in the preseason.  I worry he'll never do much in the NFL.
137. James Jones
138. Hakeem Nicks
139. Doug Baldwin
140. Jordan Matthews: Another newcomer to the list. He looks like he'll be active in Philly's busy offense.
141. Aaron Dobson: Should be the best bet for a breakout year of the Patriot wideouts (other than Edelman).
142. Mohamed Sanu: With the Marvin Jones injury, Sanu is instantly an interesting #2 WR option.
143. Marqise Lee: Allen Robinson remains injured, and the #2 WR job is Lee's for the taking.
144. Robert Woods: I'll bring him back into the rankings as another interesting #2 WR.
145. Josh Gordon: Leaving him here as a placeholder, but I wouldn't take a chance before here with the unknown.
146. Delanie Walker: I'm going to stop with the comments here because I'm adding a lot of people between here and Ds.
147. Ladarius Green
148. Stepfan Taylor
149. Christine Michael
150. Donald Brown
151. Tre Mason
152. Bobby Rainey
153. Jordan Todman
154. Lorenzo Taliaferro
155. Kenny Britt
156. Jerricho Cotchery
157. Kenny Stills
158. Greg Jennings
159. Jarrett Boykin
160. Miles Austin
161. Harry Douglas
162. Rod Streater
163. Cody Latimer
164. Ben Roethlisberger
165. Josh McCown
166. Ryan Tannehill
167. Alex Smith
168. Roy Helu
169. Benjarvis Green-Ellis
170. James White
171. Brian Hartline
172. Steve Smith
173. John Brown
174. Marvin Jones
175. Heath Miller
176. Travis Kelce
177. Seahawks DEFENSE
178. 49ers DEFENSE
179. Patriots DEFENSE: Yeah I moved them to a top-3 defense.  What?  I like them this year!
180. Panthers DEFENSE
181. Chiefs DEFENSE: Looking at their schedule, I moved them back up into the top-5 defenses.
182. Bengals DEFENSE
183. Saints DEFENSE: I think they have one of the easiest-looking schedules, and their D will improve.
184. Rams DEFENSE: With Bradford out, I think that only hurts this defense.
185. Broncos DEFENSE
186. Ravens DEFENSE
187. Bucs DEFENSE
188. Texans DEFENSE: The Cardinals fell out of the rankings for me, so I'm putting Houston in here.
189. Stephen Gostkowski
190. Justin Tucker
191. Matt Bryant
192. Dan Bailey
193. Phil Dawson
194. Adam Vinatieri
195. Blair Walsh
196. Mason Crosby
197. Nick Novak
198. Robbie Gould
199. Shaun Suisham
200. Alex Henery

No comments:

Post a Comment