Sunday, July 28, 2013

2013 Fantasy Football Rankings v1.2


There were a couple of big injuries over the weekend that had me rushing to my computer today to update my rankings, and that's not even including the Percy Harvin hip injury from earlier in the week!  One was Jeremy Maclin, who tore his ACL (done for the year).  The other was Dennis Pitta, who dislocated his hip (ouch!).  The latter has me a little more upset because he was my #3 ranked tight end, and I thought he could be a guy I could get a round or two later than the likes of Witten and Gonzalez (even though I liked him to outproduce those veterans).  But it was not to be this year.  Needless to say, my wife (the Ravens fan) is distraught.  I mean, she was physically upset when she found out about the injury.  And I completely understand.  Ed Dickson, while now draftable, is no Dennis Pitta when it comes to catching the football.  These injuries don't just affect their backups for me though.  It actually makes me like the running backs for those teams even more.  Let's get right into my updated rankings, probably the last for the month of July.  


1. Adrian Peterson
2. Arian Foster
3. Doug Martin
4. Ray Rice: I thought Pitta could get 7 or 8 TDs this year.  Now I think Ray gets more touches, overall and in red zone.
5. LeSean McCoy
6. Jamaal Charles: ICharles is barely moving down my rankings, but it has more to do with liking McCoy more now.
7. Marshawn Lynch
8. Calvin Johnson
9. CJ Spiller
10. Alfred Morris
11. Jimmy Graham
12. AJ Green
13. Aaron Rodgers
14. Steven Jackson
15. Trent Richardson
16. Matt Forte: Again, he's a boring 2nd round pick, but he'll produce accordingly. I felt the need to move him up ahead of MJD
17. Maurice Jones-Drew
18. Drew Brees
19. Brandon Marshall
20. Dez Bryant
21. Julio Jones
22. Stevan Ridley
23. Chris Johnson 
24. Reggie Bush: With as much as Detroit passes, I actually like Reggie more than a guy like Gore.
25. Frank Gore
26. Darren McFadden
27. DeMarco Murray
28. Peyton Manning
29. Demaryius Thomas
30. Larry Fitzgerald
31. Cam Newton
32. Tom Brady
33. Roddy White
34: Andre Johnson
35. Vincent Jackson
36. Rob Gronkowski
37. Randall Cobb
38. Victor Cruz
39. Marques Colston
40. Lamar Miller
41. David Wilson
42. Chris Ivory
43. Jordy Nelson
44. Wes Welker
45. Dwayne Bowe
46. Danny Amendola: I know the injury risk, but I can't help thinking what his numbers could be with Brady.
47. Ryan Mathews
48. Rashard Mendenhall
49. Darren Sproles
50. Hakeem Nicks: Still young and talented, but I've owned him and he always seems to be a little injured.
51. Reggie Wayne
52. RGIII: Call it a homer pick, but I got excited seeing him at practice here in RVA!!!
53. Matt Ryan
54. Montee Ball
55. LeVeon Bell
56. Eddie Lacy
57. Torrey Smith: I want to move Torrey up more. He'll see lots of targets, but I feel like he'll see a lot of double teaming now...
58. Antonio Brown
59. Pierre Garcon
60. Jason Witten: With Pitta gone, I value Witten even more.  1000 yards and 5 TDs nearly a guarantee.
61. Colin Kaepernick
62. Russell Wilson
63. Andrew Luck
64. Tony Romo
65. Matthew Stafford
66. Tony Gonzalez
67. Vernon Davis
68. Mike Wallace
69. Steve Smith
70. Cecil Shorts
71. Shane Vereen: Moved ahead of Bradshaw and Law Firm, mainly because of keeper potential.
72. Benjarvis Green-Ellis
73. Ahmad Bradshaw
74. Eric Decker
75. TY Hilton: With Donnie Avery gone, I still might not have Hilton high enough.
76. James Jones
77. Andre Brown
78. Vick Ballard
79. Giovani Bernard: Could potentially be 50/50 split this year, which I think could then be 80/20 in 2014.
80. Sidney Rice: If Harvin injury is season-ending, I will move Rice up into Cecil Shorts area of WRs (at least). 
81. Denario Alexander
82. DeSean Jackson: I hate moving him up, but I have no choice. Should see a few more targets with Maclin gone.
83. Tavon Austin
84. Steve Johnson
85. Greg Jennings: Read some staggering negative comments about Ponder's numbers. Not sure he can get his WRs the ball.
86. Eli Manning
87. Andy Dalton
88. Miles Austin
89. Denarius Moore
90. Anquan Boldin
91. Mike Williams
92. Lance Moore
93. Bryce Brown: Maybe this is a knee jerk reaction (no pun intended), but I think Brown could get more involved.
94. Bernard Pierce: To a slightly lesser extent, maybe Pierce for the Ravens too. Pitta injury helps Rice more though I think.
95. Daryl Richardson: Up slightly.  I feel like a Week 1 start would be worth taking him in top-100.
96. Greg Olsen: With the Pitta injury, moving these three tight ends up a little more.
97. Brandon Pettigrew
98. Jermichael Finley
99. Mark Ingram
100. Ben Tate
101. Jonathan Stewart: Starting the season on the PUP list due to his ankles.  Not a good start...
102. Emmanuel Sanders
103. Michael Floyd
104. Riley Cooper: A new addition to the list with the Maclin injury. Cooper becomes viable flex option, maybe better.
105. Aaron Dobson: Moving one rookie WR above another (Brady >>>>>>>>> Schaub).
106. DeAndre Hopkins
107. Kenny Britt
108. Johnathan Franklin
109. Danny Woodhead
110. Isaiah Pead: Moved Richardson up thinking he'll be the starter Week 1, so moving Pead down slightly.
111. Cordarelle Patterson: See explanation for Jennings, Greg.
112. Golden Tate: If Harvin is out, Tate becomes a nice sleeper.
113. Owen Daniels
114. Antonio Gates
115. Kyle Rudolph
116. Ronnie Hillman: As potential opening day starter, I have to move him up (even if Ball waiting in the wings).
117. DeAngelo Williams: If Stewart nursing his ankle early on, DeAngelo could be starting RB.
118. Joseph Randle
119. Jacquizz Rodgers
120. Shonn Greene
121. Michael Bush
122. Montario Hardesty
123. Ryan Williams
124. Chris Givens
125. Kendall Wright
126. Brian Hartline   
127. Darrius Heyward-Bey
128. Josh Gordon
129. Justin Blackmon
130. Fred Jackson
131. Justin Forsett
132. Toby Gerhart: Moved down a couple more spots. Again, I only draft him if I get AP.
133. Fred Davis: With Pitta out, I thought I'd add a couple more tight ends (and I thought I'd start with a Skin).
134. Jared Cook: Kendricks still in St. Louis, but Cook's talent should earn him many more looks.
135. Peyton Hillis (or Mike James)
136. Mikel Leshoure (or Joique Bell)
137. Rashad Jennings (or Marcel Reece)
138. Robert Turbin (or Christine Michael)
139. Knile Davis (or Shaun Draughn)
140. Jonathan Dwyer (or Isaac Redman)
141. Daniel Thomas (or Mike Gillislee)
142. Roy Helu (or Evan Royster)
143. Bilal Powell (or Mike Goodson)
144. Kendall Hunter (or LaMichael James)
145. Seahawks DEFENSE
146. 49ers DEFENSE
147. Bears DEFENSE
148. Texans DEFENSE
149. Bengals DEFENSE
150. Broncos DEFENSE
151. Ravens DEFENSE
152. Patriots DEFENSE
153. Cardinals DEFENSE
154. Rams DEFENSE
155. Packers DEFENSE
156. Giants DEFENSE
157. Stephen Gostkowski
158. Dan Bailey
159. Matt Bryant 
160. Matt Prater
161. Justin Tucker
162. Blair Walsh
163. Sebastian Janikowski
164. Phil Dawson
165. Randy Bullock
166. Kai Forbath
167. Rob Bironas
168. Greg Zuerlein



And the rest...

QBs
Josh Freeman
Michael Vick
Sam Bradford
Ben Roethlisberger
Philip Rivers
Joe Flacco
Carson Palmer
Matt Schaub
Ryan Tannehill
Jake Locker
EJ Manuel

TEs
Martellus Bennett
Ed Dickson
Rob Housler
Brandon Myers
Dustin Keller
Jordan Cameron
Dennis Pitta: Not completely removing from my list. He could be a good IR stash for a 2014 keeper.

RBs (Free Agents)
Michael Turner
Beanie Wells
Ryan Grant
Cedric Benson
Willis McGahee
WRs
Percy Harvin: Until I hear otherwise, I'm assuming the worst and putting him down here.
Jeremy Kerley: Took him out of my top-168 because I don't want to draft any Jets WR...period.
Alshon Jeffery
Vincent Brown
Brandon LaFell
AJ Jenkins
Ryan Broyles
Brandon Lloyd (FREE AGENT)
Jeremy Maclin: I won't remove him from my list altogether. Could draft and stash for next year.

Cheers,
Bart



No comments:

Post a Comment