Wednesday, July 24, 2013

2013 Fantasy Football Rankings v1.1

I can't believe it's been a month since I posted my first rankings of the year, but it has.  A lot has happened in that month too: in my life, football and everything else.  Let's see.....

My wife and I went to California.  Aaron Hernandez got arrested.  Some idiot broke into my car and destroyed it (luckily they got the guy...and the car, though it was pretty messed up).  The royal baby was born.  Ryan Braun finally got busted for juicing.  We re-tiled our kitchen floor.  But the most important thing, at least to me, is that RGIII got cleared to participate in training camp...which starts tomorrow...in RICHMOND!!!

And with Redskins Training Camp finally here, I thought I'd celebrate by updating my rankings.  It doesn't look drastically different from a month ago, but after doing some research and writing a couple of articles, it has made me reconsider a few areas.  One of the biggest ones is the QB position.  I actually did a mock draft the other day, and it just so happened that I didn't get a QB until pretty late.  But it was fine.  I now realize that you can still get guys like Andrew Luck or Matthew Stafford well into the middle rounds.  Last year I had Rodgers, Brady, and Brees all ranked in my top ten.  This year, I think I'll probably wait on the QB position.  There are so many guys with high upside (Wilson, Kaep, RG3, Luck) as well as your veterans who will still put up good numbers (Ryan, Stafford, Romo).  Sure, Rodgers or Brees might be worth a high pick because they're likely to put up crazy numbers at their position.  But for my money, I'm most likely going running back early this year.  Unless you're in a 20-team league, you should be fine.  There are 12 QBs who I know I wouldn't mind being my starter this year.

As for the rest of the rankings, keep in mind that I'll just put notes next to guys who I've moved up or down.
and I only rank 168 players based on my league.  I'll list a few more based on position below my top-168.

Cheers,
Bart


1. Adrian Peterson
2. Arian Foster
3. Doug Martin
4. Jamaal Charles
5. LeSean McCoy
6. Marshawn Lynch
7. Ray Rice
8. Calvin Johnson
9. CJ Spiller
10. Alfred Morris
11. Jimmy Graham
12. AJ Green: The first round just didn't feel right without him.
13. Aaron Rodgers: I didn't want to drop Rodgers out of my first round, but I'm lowering most QBs.
14. Steven Jackson: Moved ahead of TRich based on great situation in Atlanta vs horrible Browns.
15. Trent Richardson
16. Maurice Jones-Drew: Medically cleared for training camp & in a contract year.  Trending up.
17. Drew Brees: Again, moving all QBs down slightly.  Brees still #2 in my book though. 
18. Brandon Marshall
19. Dez Bryant
20. Julio Jones
21. Matt Forte
22. Stevan Ridley
23. Chris Johnson: Moving several RBs up (from CJ to Bush).  Placing higher value on them over QB and WR. 
24. Frank Gore
25. Darren McFadden
26. DeMarco Murray
27. Reggie Bush
28. Peyton Manning: Love the weapons the old-timer has in Denver, but still moving all QBs down.
29. Percy Harvin: Moved him and Demaryius down slightly.  Would rather have feature RB in first 2 rounds.
30. Demaryius Thomas
31. Larry Fitzgerald: Moved him up slightly.  I like his situation a little more than next WR tier.
32. Cam Newton: This QB only fell 3 spots in my rankings.  I have faith in my keeper.
33. Tom Brady: I know he can put up numbers with any WRs, but he barely has any at all!
34: Roddy White
35. Andre Johnson
36. Vincent Jackson
(For reference, this is my league's potential keeper line)
37. Rob Gronkowski: We'll see if he starts Week 1, but it's a long season.  Might move up even more if he does.
38. Randall Cobb
39. Victor Cruz
40. Marques Colston: Moved him ahead of Jordy.  Rarely injured and super consistent.
41. Lamar Miller: Love his opportunity with weak competition behind him. Had to move him up.
42. David Wilson: Still think Andre Brown gets goal line duty, but Wilson should get majority of carries.
43. Chris Ivory: A bit of an injury risk, but potential to be a star with great offensive line.
44. Jordy Nelson
45. Wes Welker
46. Dwayne Bowe
47. Hakeem Nicks 
48. Ryan Mathews: I still believe.  I hope getting rid of Norv helps him in some way.
49. Rashard Mendenhall: Back with his old coach but in a new uniform.  Could put up big numbers.
50. Darren Sproles
51. Reggie Wayne: Sort of a sleeper for me last year, I think he comes back to earth a bit at age 34.
52. Danny Amendola: Will have to pay for Danny in your draft.  Injury risk definitely worth the reward.
53. Matt Ryan: Continuing to adjust QBs downward.
54. Montee Ball
55. LeVeon Bell
56. Eddie Lacy: Moves up slightly to be just behind a couple of other rookies who are potential starters.
57. RGIII: Moving him up based on early medical clearance and my man crush.
58. Antonio Brown: He's now the #1 WR in Pittsburgh, and Ben will throw to him a ton.
59. Pierre Garcon
60. Torrey Smith
61. Colin Kaepernick
62. Russell Wilson
63. Andrew Luck
64. Tony Romo
65. Matthew Stafford
66. Dennis Pitta: Yes, I'm putting him ahead of Witten and Gonzo.  Will I stick to this list?  Watch me. 
67. Jason Witten
68. Tony Gonzalez
69. Vernon Davis
70. Mike Wallace
71. Steve Smith
72. Cecil Shorts
73. Benjarvis Green-Ellis: Moved him down considerably.  Lots of buzz around rookie Bernard.
74. Ahmad Bradshaw: Already on PUP list. I'm liking Ballard more and more, and Ahmad much less.
75. Shane Vereen: Probably the biggest move up in my rankings.  He's in line for lots of touches.
76. Eric Decker: I think I was hasty and moved him down a little too much at first.
77. James Jones
78. Greg Jennings
79. TY Hilton
80. Andre Brown: Should still get plenty of goal line work, and could even end up being feature back.
81. Vick Ballard: If I move Bradshaw down, I have to move Ballard up!
82. Denario Alexander: If he can stay healthy, he could be a top-20 WR, but hasn't played a full season yet.
83. Tavon Austin: Keep moving him up, and you'll have to move up to take a chance on the rookie.
84. Giovani Bernard: Another rookie you'll have to pay for.  In a keeper league, this might not be high enough!
85. Steve Johnson: Dude broke his back in the offseason. Not convinced he's 100%. Moved down slightly.
86. Eli Manning
87. Andy Dalton
88. Jeremy Maclin: Unsure who will get the touches in Chip Kelly's offense.
89. Miles Austin: Always concerned with an injury with him, which has him falling down my big board.
90. Denarius Moore
91. Anquan Boldin
92. Mike Williams
93. Lance Moore
94. Jonathan Stewart: Should be "feature back" in Carolina, but that doesn't mean big numbers.
95. Mark Ingram: If this is finally the year he breaks out, I don't want to miss him!
96. Daryl Richardson: Another guy I moved up a lot. Pead starting year with a game suspension...
97. Ben Tate
98. Greg Olsen: Moving these three tight ends up a bit.    
99. Brandon Pettigrew
100. Jermichael Finley
101. DeSean Jackson: And these few WRs too (from DeSean to Britt)
102. Sidney Rice
103. Emmanuel Sanders
104. Michael Floyd
105. DeAndre Hopkins
106. Aaron Dobson
107. Cordarelle Patterson
108. Kenny Britt
109. Isaiah Pead: Suspended for Week 1. Could get starting gig when he returns, but may not.
110. Johnathan Franklin: Not 100% sure Eddie Lacy gets all the carries.  Both are rookies..
111. Danny Woodhead: Moved him up a bit.  I'm sure Mathews will only get 60% of the carries or so.
112. Bernard Pierce
113. Bryce Brown
114. Owen Daniels: Moving three more tight ends up a little higher.
115. Antonio Gates
116. Kyle Rudolph
117. Joseph Randle
118. Jacquizz Rodgers
119. Shonn Greene
120. Michael Bush
121. Ronnie Hillman: I think he has a chance to be the starter in Denver, or at least get good amount of carries.
122. Montario Hardesty
123. Ryan Williams
124. Chris Givens
125. Kendall Wright
126. Brian Hartline   
127. Darrius Heyward-Bey
128. Jeremy Kerley
129. Josh Gordon
130. Justin Blackmon: With a 4 game suspension, I'm not sure I want to wait around for him.
131. Toby Gerhart: Moved him down a lot.  Really only a handcuff if you draft AP.
132. Fred Jackson
133. Justin Forsett: If MJD has a setback, Forsett could see some early action.
134. Peyton Hillis: Bucs signed him this week.  Mike James might be backup, but Hillis could vulture TDs.
135. Mikel Leshoure (or Joique Bell)
136. DeAngelo Williams 
137. Rashad Jennings (or Marcel Reece)
138. Robert Turbin (or Christine Michael)
139. Knile Davis (or Shaun Draughn)
140. Jonathan Dwyer (or Isaac Redman)
141. Daniel Thomas (or Mike Gillislee)
142. Roy Helu (or Evan Royster)
143. Bilal Powell (or Mike Goodson)
144. Kendall Hunter (or LaMichael James)
145. Seahawks DEFENSE
146. 49ers DEFENSE
147. Bears DEFENSE
148. Texans DEFENSE
149. Bengals DEFENSE
150. Broncos DEFENSE: Moved down a spot. Von Miller might be out first 4 games (suspension).
151. Ravens DEFENSE
152. Patriots DEFENSE
153. Cardinals DEFENSE
154. Rams DEFENSE
155. Packers DEFENSE
156. Giants DEFENSE
157. Stephen Gostkowski
158. Dan Bailey: He's been a top-10 kicker in each of his first 2 seasons. Also no bye until Week 11, which I like.
159. Matt Bryant 
160. Matt Prater
161. Justin Tucker
162. Blair Walsh
163. Sebastian Janikowski
164. Phil Dawson
165. Randy Bullock
166. Kai Forbath
167. Rob Bironas
168. Greg Zuerlein



And the rest...

QBs
Josh Freeman
Michael Vick
Joe Flacco
Ben Roethlisberger
Philip Rivers
Sam Bradford
Carson Palmer
Matt Schaub
Ryan Tannehill
Jake Locker
EJ Manuel

TEs
Jared Cook
Martellus Bennett
Fred Davis
Rob Housler
Brandon Myers
Dustin Keller
Jordan Cameron

RBs (Free Agents)
Michael Turner
Beanie Wells
Ryan Grant
Cedric Benson
Willis McGahee
WRs
Alshon Jeffery
Vincent Brown
Brandon LaFell
Golden Tate
AJ Jenkins
Ryan Broyles
Brandon Lloyd (FREE AGENT)






No comments:

Post a Comment