Wednesday, September 22, 2021

2021 Fantasy Football Week 3 Rankings

It's hard not to overreact to Week 1, but I hope you did your best in Week 2.  And it might be even harder to look at two weeks of data and try to determine what is and is not a trend.  While James Robinson played a ton of snaps, he continued to mostly trend down.  Week 3 is going to tell a lot about Robinson.  In what should be an up-tempo game, I'd expect him to end up with double digit fantasy points.  If he lays an egg, it might be time to panic and probably time to bench him.

Deebo Samuel continued to trend up last week.  So did Derek Carr and plenty of others.  I can't wait to find out how many of these trends will continue here into Week 3, and I hope I have a good feel for moving guys up and down.  This is the dance we do with the rankings, and it's especially volatile at the beginning of the season.  By Week 4, things will come a bit more into focus.

One new thing I'm trying out this week is adding TIERS to each position ranking.  I'm not sure how helpful they will be for start/sit decisions, but it'll give you an idea of how I think of guys in certain buckets.  For instance, if you're deciding between starting DeVonta Smith or Diontae Johnson, they're super close in my rankings but I have Smith in a tier above Johnson.  So while it's basically a toss up, since I have them in different tiers, it's a slightly easier call than DeVonta Smith versus Brandin Cooks for instance (since they're in the same tier).  

I hope the tiers make sense for in season rankings.  They do to me.  I'll obviously be updating these throughout the week/weekend, so check back often as news rolls in.  Let's get to them, shall we?



No comments:

Post a Comment