Wednesday, November 4, 2020

2020 Fantasy Football Week 9 Rankings

For a lot of people, Tuesday was a real letdown.  Yes, the NFL Trade Deadline came and went without much fanfare.  

Wait, what did you think I was talking about?

Of course if you're into politics, well, you might've been letdown there too.  I'm not here to talk about Trump and Biden though.  I'll keep this post strictly to fantasy football.  I've been on a bit of a hot streak with my rankings accuracy lately.  The last three weeks I've finished 2nd, 13th, and 12th.  I'm hoping I can keep the streak alive here in Week 9.  Let's get right into it, shall we?










QBs
I talked up Joe Burrow again last week, and he ended up as a top-12 QB for the second week in a row.  But it was actually Justin Herbert who I ended up highest on (+6 vs ECR).  He was all the way in my top-3, and he finished as the QB4.  He's been the QB4 or better now three straight weeks, so I don't see how you could rank him outside of the top-5 this week against the Raiders.  I was slightly down on Tom Brady in Week 8, but in the end I wasn't too low versus the ECR after lowering a bunch of other guys due to weather concerns.  Luckily this week it doesn't look like we'll have any wind issues, so hopefully the QB position is a little more predictable. 

I'm not super high on anyone this week, but I'm tempted to trust Cam Newton against the Jets.  I currently have him in my top-10, and he might even be on your waiver wire right now.  He could be a fun play on Monday Night Football if you want a high upside QB to play in the last game of the week.  I'm slightly down on Nick Mullens in tomorrow night's game, but at QB25 does it really even matter?  His receiving options are all injured or hitting the COVID list, so I'm not exactly sure how to expect him to score many fantasy points tomorrow night against the Packers.  There are obviously better streaming options at the position here in Week 9.


RBs
I ended up ranking Zeke all the way down at RB17 last week, which was 7 spots lower than ECR.  With Ben DiNucci under center against the Eagles, I wasn't confident this offense could move the ball.  They didn't.  Elliott finished as the RB29 on the week, and I wouldn't blame you if you benched him this week against the Steelers.  I currently have him ranked outside of my top-20, and the ECR still has him as a borderline RB1.  I can't do it until Andy Dalton and some of his O-line gets healthy.

This week I'm high on Matt Breida, at least as of this writing.  He missed practice today, but as long as it's not a serious injury and he's good to go against the Cardinals, he should get a decent workload with Gaskin out.  Jordan Howard will likely be active and steal work inside the 5 yard line, but I still like a healthy Breida to be a top-20 option.





WRs
I didn't talk too much about specific WR picks last week, but here in Week 9 I'm clearly down on more Cowboys.  I just don't think they'll score more than 13 points against Pittsburgh, and who exactly is getting the ball into the hands of Amari Cooper and CeeDee Lamb?  I currently have both more than 10 spots lower than ECR, and I wouldn't be excited to start anyone for Dallas this week.  I'd sit them all if you have a better/close option.

If you're interested in my betting picks for Week 9, I've posted them below as usual.  I've actually done OK with my over/under picks the last two weeks and I went 5-0 with my moneyline bets last week.  That included two underdogs in the Falcons and Vikings.  That's right.  I picked Minnesota over the Packers, baby!  You have to pay close attention to the divisional rematches now that we're starting to get more of those.  It can be tough to beat the same divisional opponent twice in the same season.  

Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment