Wednesday, December 25, 2019

2019 Fantasy Football Week 17 Rankings

Image result for saquon barkley"With both Chris Godwin and Dalvin Cook lost to injury in Week 15, my fantasy team had a lot of question marks heading into my championship game.  And at one point on Saturday, I was driving to Maryland to visit my wife's family listening to Jameis throw pick after pick on the radio.  I was a little concerned Bruce Arians might finally bench Winston and he'd end up with negative points in the most important week for fantasy football.  But Jameis at least clawed his way back into positive fantasy points, so he didn't totally tank my team.  And then on Sunday, guys like Saquon and Michael Thomas led me to victory.

But enough about my fantasy team.  If by some chance you're still playing in Week 17, talk to your commissioner about changing the rules for next year.  And if that fails, maybe dump that league.  You shouldn't be playing this week, but I thought I'd take a stab at rankings anyway.  Just know there's even more potential for teams sitting starters and variance in expectations.  And for me personally, I think this is the first time I've ever done Week 17 rankings, so keep that in mind.  But if you're reading this and still playing in a league, I thought I'd at least post my best guess at rankings for this week, and I'll even pick a few games against the spread at the end.  It's my Christmas gift you to!

As always, feel free to hit me up in on Twitter if you have any specific questions that can't be answered below.





QBs
I think I've mentioned Ryan Tannehill in this spot for the entire second half of the season, so why should I stop now?  This guy absolutely won some people fantasy championships this year, and if you're still playing for something in Week 17, he's still a great option since the Titans are playing for their postseason.

Back to my matchup last week, it was the third time I had to face Lamar Jackson this season, and somehow I beat him (and the rest of his fantasy team in my league) twice in 2019.  If you faced Lamar Jackson in your fantasy playoffs, there's a good chance you can't say the same.  I feel your pain.  The guy is good.  But here in Week 17, he's not even going to play.  So this is why you don't play in Week 17.  I can't imagine riding Lamar to a fantasy championship only to not be able to play him in the final week.

IF YOU'RE STILL PLAYING IN WEEK 17 IN YOUR FANTASY LEAGUE, CHANGE THE LEAGUE RULES OR CHANGE LEAGUES!

RBs
Saquon Barkley kept it rolling in championship week, and Alvin Kamara came back to life as well.  These guys disappointed most of the season though, so most of their owners probably weren't in championship games.  I expect Kamara to keep it rolling this week, and if you're not playing him in DFS, then I think you're doing it wrong.

WRs
Image result for john brown bills"Stephon Gilmore held John Brown in check the entire game on Saturday...except for one big play that went for a score.  Mike Clay of ESPN tweeted something that basically said if you benched John Brown, it was the right call.  Other than that one play, he did nothing.  And I totally agree with this thought process when it comes to ranking players and deciding on whether to start or sit a guy.  You have to trust the process over results, as hard as that can be at times.  John Brown was on my bench, and I ended up picking up and starting Dion Lewis in my FLEX spot instead.  While Lewis finished with a couple points less than Brown, I still feel like it was the right play.  And thankfully it didn't have an impact on my matchup since I won by more than a couple of points.  :)

TEs/DEFs
My tight end and defense ranks have been right there with the ECR the last couple of weeks, so I've been skipping over this section and talking about my betting picks.  Well, my betting picks in Week 15 weren't great, and Week 16 wasn't much better.  I had been doing so well with my over/under picks before the last couple of weeks, but that's really been killing me lately.  I also dabbled in the moneyline picks again, and that wasn't great either.  So this week, I'm mostly just focusing on a few games against the spread and hope I can get back into the top-10 for the season!




Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment