Thursday, December 19, 2019

2019 Fantasy Football Week 16 Rankings

Image result for mike boone vikings"Here it is, folks: WEEK 16!  If you've made it this far and are still reading my rankings, hopefully you're in your fantasy championship game.  I made it that far in my main/money league, but injuries to both Chris Godwin and Dalvin Cook in Week 15 couldn't have come at a worse time for my squad.  But that just means the rankings are that much more important here in championship week, right?  Will Dalvin play on Monday night?  If not, what about Alexander Mattison?  Can Jameis (my fantasy QB) still produce without basically any receivers?  Breshad Perriman anyone?  Sure, why not?  My opponent picked him up (I had zero FAAB left), so I will be ranking Perriman extra high this week.

Those are some of the questions I have for my own team, and hopefully all of your questions can be answered with my rankings below.  Check back throughout the week and leading up to kickoffs.

Also don't forget there is NO Thursday game this week, but there are THREE Saturday games.  So get those lineups set NOW!  I realize these rankings are a day late, but since there is no Thursday game tonight, I wasn't in a rush.  Well that and the fact that work has been crazy after my family was on vacation last week, and my downstairs furnace decided to stop working yesterday.  Oh and then there's all of the Christmas presents to buy/wrap and all of the normal day to day stuff that just piles up...especially this time of year.

But enough about all of that.  Better late than never, right?

As always, feel free to hit me up in on Twitter if you have any specific questions that can't be answered below.






QBs
I've been talking up Ryan Tannehill for what feels like months now, but the guy just keeps producing.  I can't imagine he's still on anyone's waiver wire at this point, but maybe check just in case.  He's a top-10 QB every week, and I hope he keeps it rolling against the Saints here in Week 16 because I'm hoping for some points from A.J. Brown.  I'm facing Lamar Jackson for the third time this season, and this time it comes in the championship game.  I'm praying for a blizzard in Cleveland this Sunday because I think that's the only thing that might slow Lamar down.  Unfortunately, snow is currently not in the forecast... :(

RBs
I finally ranked Saquon Barkley as a top-10 RB last week, and he actually produced (albeit against the Dolphins).  He gets the Redskins this week though, so I'm hoping he can do it again!  As for guys like Alvin Kamara and Phillip Lindsay?  I don't know, man.  I keep ranking them in my top-20 like they're going to finish there, and they just don't.  Both have decent matchups here in Week 16, but I understand if you want to bench someone like Lindsay if you somehow have him in your championship lineup.

WRs
Image result for breshad perriman"Fading guys facing Stephon Gilmore continued to prove well for me, as Tyler Boyd was garbage in Week 15.  I pointed out that I ranked Breshad Perriman higher than him, and boy was that right!  This week, I'm fading John Brown, but he actually might be my best FLEX option with the injuries on my fantasy team.  There are so many guys I'd rather play ahead of him though, so I'm hoping to figure out a different option.  I also had Devante Parker 13 spots higher than the ECR in Week 15, and he finished as a top-10 WR.

TEs/DEFs
My tight end and defense ranks were pretty close to the ECR last week, so not much to report there.  I'll say for this week, right now I'm a little high on both Tampa Bay tight ends because I just don't know who else Jameis is going to throw to.  I sure hope he still somehow throws for 300 yards, a couple of TDs, and hopefully not too many turnovers!

I cracked the top-10 for the SEASON in the betting rankings after Week 14, but then Week 15 wasn't kind to me.  But you know what?  I think it must not have been kind to a couple of others because I'm still in the top-10!  I need to stay in the positive this week, so let's get right to who I like here in Week 16.




Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment