Wednesday, December 4, 2019

2019 Fantasy Football Week 14 Rankings

If you're still reading my rankings, then you're probably in the fantasy playoffs.  Welcome!

If you're like me and have a first round bye, even better...and congratulations!
Image result for saquon barkley eli manning

But if you don't have a first round bye, then you're going to want to take a look at these rankings.  I'm going to get right to it, and please feel free to hit me up in on Twitter if you have any specific questions that can't be answered below.






QBs
I've been talking up Ryan Tannehill for a solid month now, and he continues to be a viable starter every single week.  Last week I told you that he might just get you to the promised land in fantasy, and I still believe it!  While he wasn't a QB1 in Week 13, he still had multiple touchdowns (which he's done in every start by the way).  Now he gets the Raiders this week and the Texans and Saints in Weeks 15 & 16.  He's not exciting, but I feel like he'll get you 20 fantasy points in every game, and he's in my top-10 this week.

RBs
I continue to be down on Saquon Barkley versus the ECR, and unfortunately for my fantasy team, I continue to be right about him.  I'm hoping he gets back on track on Monday night, but the Eagle defense is no easy task.  I have him much lower than the ECR and outside of my top-12.  If he proves me wrong this week (while my fantasy team has a bye), I'm going to feel great about him for Weeks 15 & 16 (Miami and Washington).

WRs
I faded Amari Cooper in Week 12 in New England and was right.  I then slightly faded DeAndre Hopkins last week against Stephon Gilmore and was mostly right except for that touchdown "pass" he got on that sweet trick play with Watson.  All of this to say that Tyreek Hill scares me this week.  He's a different receiver than those guys because he's fast as hell and can break a huge play at any time.  The problem is, the Patriots haven't allowed big plays and Gilmore specifically hasn't allowed a touchdown all year in coverage.  It's possible the Chiefs move Tyreek around and get him the ball outside of that shadow coverage, but this is another stud who is outside of my top-12 at the position.

TEs
Image result for mike gesickiI've talked up Mike Gesicki before and been wrong, but he's been getting targets so consistently lately, I feel confident with him in my top-12.  He faces a Jet defense that doesn't give up a ton of fantasy points to tight ends, but they'll be without Jamal Adams in this game.  Without the pro bowl safety, the back end of that defense should be wide open for Gesicki to catch a few balls and likely find the end zone.

DEFs
I kept it rolling with my fantasy defense rankings last week and finished as the #3 expert at the position.  It continues to be my strong suit, but I had a down week with my betting picks.  I played around with the moneylines a bit more last week, and that's actually what hurt my overall score.  I'm staying away from those lines and sticking with the ATS & Over/Under picks here in Week 14.  Let's see who I like, shall we?




Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment