Wednesday, September 18, 2019

2019 Fantasy Football Week 3 Rankings

Image result for cam newton post game outfit 2019So in Week 1, I did a separate post with my picks for all 16 games (ATS and O/U).  My results were EXACTLY 50%.  I went 8-8 versus the spread and 8-8 on my over/under picks.  In Week 2, I forgot to post my picks but still made 13 of them (a mixture of ATS & O/U), and my record was 6-7.  I'm still going to make the picks to see how I do, but I'd probably forget to make a separate post with my picks.  With that being said, I'm going to turn this post into rankings AND my weekly picks.

I'll update both lists before the 1:00 kickoffs on Sunday, so check back for updates!




QBs
With guys like Brees and Roethlisberger now out and Cam highly questionable, the QB position gets dicey after the top-15 or so.  If you're not streaming someone like Stafford or Garoppolo, you might be considering starting someone who has never started a game in the NFL.  Not a great spot to be in here in Week 3, but it might already be time to roll the dice!  I have Mason Rudolph as a top-20 play this week, and I think you could do worse than Kyle Allen versus a depleted Arizona secondary.

RBs
Image result for frank gore billsI'm down on David Johnson for the second week in a row.  The ECR liked him as a top-10 play in Baltimore last week, and he finished outside of the top-30 in a tough matchup.  This week he faces a strong Panther defense, and I still can't trust him as a top-10 play.  Not even close for me.  I'm really high on boring guys like Frank Gore and Peyton Barber this week.  In fact, I have both as RB2s because of their great matchups.  And in the case of Gore, if Singletary is limited with a hamstring issue, he could be in line for a huge workload against the struggling Bengals.  A guy I like in a deep league is Ty Johnson.  You might be thinking "who?".  Well, he's now the #2 running back in Detroit with the release of C.J. Anderson.  Kerryon Johnson is the lead guy, but I think this will continue to be somewhat of a committee.  I could see Johnson & Johnson both getting some work this week, and Ty could end up being a guy to watch on the waiver wire in the next week or two.

WRs
When I posted my rankings on Wednesday last week, I was about 20 spots higher than the ECR on Marquise Brown and James Washington.  While Hollywood Brown finished as a top-30 play against the Cardinals, Washington was nowhere near the top-50.  Keep an eye on James Washington this week though because I think his college quarterback (Rudolph) might look his way a little more than Ben did.  I'm about 20 spots higher than the ECR on both Demarcus Robinson and Mecole Hardman this week.  It doesn't really matter who the Chiefs are playing, you can pencil in Mahomes for 3 or 4 touchdowns.  That doesn't mean Robinson and Hardman will each get a score, but it feels more likely than with any other offense in the NFL.  I'd consider both as FLEX plays this week, and if you want a deep guy then consider Devin Smith.  He's a former high draft pick who has dealt with injuries early in his career, but now he's healthy and should slide right into the Michael Gallup role against the LOLphins.

TEs
Image result for will dissly seahawks block gifLast week I was high on Tyler Higbee as a top-20 play and down on Tyler Eifert who the ECR had as a top-20 play.  Well, I got my Tylers crossed because Eifert finished well ahead of Higbee.  This week, the tight end landscape is starting to look like the wasteland it was last season.  You have 4 or 5 guys you can trust, another couple who you think you can trust (or are hoping come around), and then the rest who are pretty much touchdown or bust.  I'm in the "touchdown or bust" category right now because I drafted Hunter Henry in the middle rounds, and he's now unfortunately on the waiver wire.  One guy I like more than the ECR this week is Vernon Davis, another tight end who I recently waived.  I thought I'd give Will Dissly a shot this week, but I still like Davis to have a nice game on Monday Night.  Of course if Jordan Reed finally makes it back from his concussion, then you can disregard this.  But for now, I'm not holding my breath for that to happen and will expect Vernon to be a solid tight end for at least a couple more weeks.

DEFs
I was actually kind of high on the Falcons last week, but I only had them ranked around the 20th best fantasy defense.  Still, they finished as a top-10 unit, so this was a good call versus the ECR.  But I said if you were considering the Jags, you should reconsider.  The ECR had them as a top-12 unit but I did NOT.  The ECR was right because they finished not far behind the Falcons in Week 2. 

This week I like Colts about as much as I liked the Falcons last week.  Again, barely a top-20 play, but you could do worse.  I'm fading the Rams because I think the Browns will bounce back and have something to prove on Sunday night.  I think Baker might start turning it around in what could be a high scoring affair.

But not that high scoring because for now I kind of like the under...

Here are the rest of my Week 3 picks:




Cheers,
Bart

3 comments:

  1. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information. 검증사이

    ReplyDelete
  2. You delivered such an impressive piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain information. Thanks for sharing such information with us due to which my several concepts have been cleared. bandar q terpercaya

    ReplyDelete

  3. da ga sv388 là nhà cái đá gà trực tuyến hàng đầu Châu á, được ra đời sớm chỉ sau nhà cái đá gà quốc tế S128. Với sự uy tín trong nghề là công nghệ ngày càng tân tiến, SV388 đã mang lại một sân chơi đá gà online ( đá gà mạng ) hàng đầu trong khu vực

    ReplyDelete