Wednesday, September 11, 2019

2019 Fantasy Football Week 2 Rankings


Image result for lamar jackson
If you came out of Week 1 with a win, congratulations.  It's always good to get off on the right foot.  You can't win em all if you don't win the first one, right?  Well, I didn't win in Week 1.  No, I faced Lamar Jackson in Week 1.  Oh, and Austin Ekeler.  Pretty sure those two had like 75% of my opponent's fantasy points, and that way plenty to give him like a 20 point victory.  But it's time to get back on track here in Week 2.  Below are my initial rankings, which I'll update leading up to the 1:00 kickoffs on Sunday.  I'll do a quick recap of a few of my Week 1 picks below, and I'll give you a handful of guys I like/don't like versus the ECR as of tonight.

Let's get right to it, shall we?



QBs
I had Philip Rivers as a top-10 fantasy QB last week, which was way higher than the ECR.  He finished right at #10, so that was spot on.  But I was down on Mahomes and Rodgers in bad road matchups.  Only one of those was right (Rodgers).  I didn't see Roethisberger as a top-15 fantasy QB in Foxboro, and Road Ben didn't disappoint me (but likely disappointed fantasy owners).  He didn't even finish as a top-25 QB last week, but he should bounce back at home against Seattle. 

Image result for matt ryanThis week, I have Matt Ryan all the way up as my #2 QB at home against Philly's garbage secondary (ECR #7).  I'm also slightly high on Kirk Cousins, but I barely have him as a top-20 play.  Right now I'm down on Drew Brees, who tends to play much better at home.  This week he's on the road against the Rams, and I don't have him as a top-12 play.

RBs
Last week I liked Tevin Coleman, while the ECR liked Matt Breida more against the Bucs.  Coleman got hurt in this game, and now I'm facing Breida in my money league this week.  Double whammy!  I didn't really like most of the rookie RBs in Week 1, and I warned you about guys like David Montgomery, Miles Sanders, Devin Singletary, and Justice Hill.  Of the bunch, Singletary was really the only one who had much production.  All of the others might get their time eventually, and I actually think it could start this week for Sanders.  As for Montgomery, I'm still in "wait and see" mode.  

For Week 2, I like Damien Williams as a top-12 play against Oakland (ECR #20), and I'm kinda down on David Johnson.  The ECR likes him as a top-10 play in Baltimore, but I worry about his usage in this game.  If the Ravens are for real, they could limit Johnson's effectiveness in this game, and Chase Edmonds could even get more involved if they're trailing by a couple of touchdowns late in the game.

WRs
If you went deep into my Week 1 WR rankings, you found Paul Richardson (who I had about 30 spots higher than the ECR).  Turns out he wasn't the high volume play I thought he would be, and it was the rookie Terry McLaurin who lit up the Eagles. As for guys I didn't like, I wasn't confident in Will Fuller's knee, and I'd been down on Courtland Sutton all preseason.  Sutton had a good game against Oakland, so I was wrong there.  As for Fuller, he basically had one big catch that saved his fantasy day.  Still, he had just the two catches for 69 yards, so he's still the boom or bust play that I say will likely still bust against the Jags this week.
Image result for roethlisberger james washington

Currently I'm about 20 spots higher than the ECR on Marquise Brown and James Washington.  I realize Hollywood Brown had big production on just a handful of snaps, but I don't see why he couldn't hit for another big play against a Cardinal secondary missing two starting corners.  And you know I'm expecting a bounce back game for Big Ben, and I think he'll throw more to Washington after Moncrief seemingly dropped everything against the Patriots.  I'm now crazy about Robby Anderson this week.  I'm not sure if he'll get shadowed by Denzel Ward or not, but that's what really scares me.  Well, that and the fact that he wasn't very productive in Week 1 while every ball seemed to go to Crowder.  I'm not too interested in Anderson just yet.

TEs
The guy I liked the most versus the ECR last week was Matt LaCosse, but he didn't even play.  The FantasyPros rankings lock at 1:00pm, so I wasn't able to make this change for the night game.  Hopefully if you considered him, you looked at the reports before kickoff.  The bad thing was, he wasn't even declared inactive.  He just didn't play!  Man, that's frustrating. I was down on another rookie in Noah Fant, who still isn't even listed as the starting tight end on the team's official depth chart.  He wasn't involved much in Week 1, definitely not like another rookie T.J. Hockenson was for the Lions.  

This week, I like Tyler Higbee as a top-20 play.  He saw a handful of targets and actually found the endzone in Week 1.  And to be a top-20 fantasy tight end, you really just need a few fantasy points.  I think he can get them in a game that's expected to be one of the highest scoring affairs of Week 2.  I'm down on Tyler Eifert this week, who I just can't trust yet until I see something from him.  The ECR has him as a top-20 play, but I'm not buying that.  Give me one Tyler but NOT TWO!


DEFs
I had the Browns as my #1 fantasy defense in Week 1, but they pretty much crapped the bed.  I was also slightly down on the Rams, who were a top-12 defense based on the ECR.  They finished right around the #12 defense, so they were an OK play.  This week, I'm actually kind of high on the Falcons.  I guess I kind of like them in their home opener.  Still, I only have them ranked around the 20th best fantasy defense, so you're not really considering them.  If you're considering the Jags, I'd reconsider.  Right now they're a top-12 unit based on ECR, but I think they could get smoked again this week.  I'd shy away from them at Houston.  Deshaun Watson looked pretty good last week, and the Texans will put up points in this game.  The Jags could salvage a decent week with 4 or 5 sacks and maybe an INT, but that'll be it.

Image result for jags defense

Cheers,
Bart

1 comment:

  1. I recently discovered your blog and have been reading along. I thought I could leave my first comment. I don't understand what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I can keep visiting this blog very often.
    Live score API
    Football Feed
    Sports API

    ReplyDelete