Wednesday, November 9, 2016

2016 Fantasy Football Week 10 Rankings

It's hard to believe Trump is going to be our next president.  I mean, wow.

Image result for marcus mariota titansIt's hard to believe my daughter is already a month old.  The first three weeks I got to spend at home with her and my wife, and it actually felt more like 3 months.  It was great.  But now I'm like, "Wow.  She's already a month old!".

It's also hard to believe we're already to Week 10 of the NFL season.  Now with only a handful of weeks left to try to get wins and into the fantasy playoffs, it's definitely crunch time.

And without any other sort of smooth transition, let's get right to the rankings!

BYE: Buffalo, Detroit, Indianapolis, Oakland 

QBs
1.Aaron Rodgers  
2.Tom Brady 
3.Ben Roethlisberger   
4.Matt Ryan   
5.Marcus Mariota 
6.Drew Brees  
7.Phillip Rivers  
8.Carson Palmer
9.Cam Newton 
10.Dak Prescott 
11.Jameis Winston 
12.Eli Manning 
13.Russell Wilson 
14.Joe Flacco
15.Jay Cutler
16.Andy Dalton 
17.Kirk Cousins
18.Trevor Siemian  
19.Blake Bortles 
20.Carson Wentz

Last week I was high on " QB Browns" (ESPN outside of top-20, ME #13), which ended up being Cody Kessler.  He had a solid first half against a banged up Dallas secondary, but he did nothing after halftime and finished just barely inside the top-20.  I was down on Matthew Stafford (ESPN #11, ME #16), who had been pretty terrible in his last two games and faced a tough Vikings defense that was licking their wounds after getting beat by the Bears on Monday Night Football.  An overtime touchdown moved him up as the #15 fantasy QB for the week (right about where I ranked him), but a regulation finish would have landed him as the worst starting QB for the week.

I'm high on: Marcus Mariota (ESPN #11, ME #5)
Here we go again.  I guess ESPN refuses to acknowledge the fact that Mariota has been a top-5 fantasy QB since Week 5, but I'm on board.  This week he faces a Green Bay secondary that is decimated by injuries and giving up decent numbers to fantasy QBs on the season.  I like the second year signal caller to be a top-5 fantasy QB against the Packers.

Image result for cam newton sadI'm down on: Cam Newton (ESPN #4, ME #9) 
Here's a guy I DON'T like as a top-5 play this week, but the ESPN experts sure do.  Cam was obviously a preseason #1 or 2 fantasy QB, but so far this season he's been outside of the top-10.  If you look at more recent play, he only has 1 touchdown in his last two games.  This week he faces a Kansas City defense that looks better and better each week, and this week they could get Justin Houston back (who they just activated off the PUP list).  You're probably starting him if you have him, but I don't see him as a no-brainer top-5 play this week.
RBs
1.David Johnson 
2.Ezekiel Elliott   
3.Melvin Gordon
4.Le'Veon Bell  
5.Jay Ajayi   
6.DeMarco Murray  
7.Lamar Miller
8.Matt Forte 
9.Devonta Freeman
10.Jordan Howard  
11.LeGarrette Blount 
12.Jonathan Stewart 
13.Devontae Booker 
14.Spencer Ware 
15.Todd Gurley 
16.Mark Ingram  
17.Giovani Bernard   
18.Terrance West  
19.Jeremy Hill   
20.Doug Martin 
21.Darren Sproles 
22.Tim Hightower  
23.Chris Ivory 
24.Isaiah Crowell  
25.Christine Michael    
26.DuJuan Harris
27.Rashad Jennings  
28.Kapri Bibbs 
29.Matt Asiata  
30.Rob Kelley   
31.James Starks 
32.James White  
33.C.J. Prosise   
34.Paul Perkins  
35.Ryan Mathews     
36.Jerick McKinnon    
37.TJ Yeldon 

38.Duke Johnson  
39.Matt Jones 
40.Kenneth Dixon 

Last week I told you on Wednesday there was no way Spencer Ware was playing against the Jags, so I was expecting a huge workload for Charcandrick West (ESPN #19, ME #5).  I was right about Ware being out, but I was shocked to see that West only ended up with 16 touches.  He had some decent yardage and finished just inside the top-20 in a pretty lean week for RBs.  I was down on Mark Ingram (ESPN #14, ME #20), who had been benched early the week before in favor of Tim Hightower.  Turns out Hightower actually got more work, but Ingram made the bigger plays.  Both were top-10 fantasy RBs against the 49er run defense, but I was definitely wrong about ranking Ingram so low.

I'm high on: Kapri Bibbs (ESPN #37, ME #28)
Image result for kapri bibbs broncosWith Devontae Booker underwhelming, coach Kubiak stated this week that Bibbs has earned more work.  Not many teams give up more fantasy points to the running back position than the Saints, and Kapri Bibbs could have a surprisingly big day this week.

I'm down on: Christine Michael (ESPN #18, ME #25) 
With less than 100 rushing yards in his last 3 games combined, I'm not as high on Michael as the ESPN guys.  This week the Seahawks travel to New England, who is fairly stingy against the run this year too (they've only given up 6 rushing TDs all season).  I think Seattle will play from behind and be forced to throw more in this game, and C.J. Prosise should be in the game more than Christine Michael.  He could really disappoint in Week 10.
WRs
1.Antonio Brown
2.Julio Jones  
3.Mike Evans  
4.Odell Beckham, Jr.      
5.Jordy Nelson
6.A.J. Green    
7.Alshon Jeffery
8.Larry Fitzgerald   
9.Dez Bryant 
10.DeMaryius Thomas 
11.Terrelle Pryor, Sr. 
12.Brandon Marshall 
13.Jordan Matthews 
14.Allen Robinson  
15.Kelvin Benjamin 
16.Emmanuel Sanders  
17.DeAndre Hopkins
18.Randall Cobb  
19.Stefon Diggs 
20.Ty Montgomery 
21.Tyrell Williams 
22.Davante Adams 
23.Brandin Cooks 
24.Jarvis Landry 
25.Doug Baldwin 
26.Mike Wallace
27.Michael Thomas 
28.Rishard Matthews
29.Steve Smith, Sr.
30.Julian Edelman
31.Kenny Britt
32.John Brown
33.Cole Beasley
34.J.J. Nelson
35.Sterling Shephard
36.Corey Coleman 
37.Jamison Crowder 
38.Willie Snead 
39.Marqise Lee
40.Quincy Enunwa
41.Mohamed Sanu 
42.Dontrelle Inman
43.Will Fuller    
44.Tyler Lockett 
45.Cordarrelle Patterson

I was high on Kendall Wright (ESPN #55, ME #35) against the Chargers, and I was surprised the ESPN experts were barely ranking him.  He only had 2 catches, but they were for 64 total yards.  He finished just outside of the top-40 WRs, but I think he should be at least considered well above where ESPN was ranking him last week (55th!).  I was down on DeVante Parker (ESPN #32, ME NOT RANKED), who had less than 3 fantasy points in 3 of his last 4 games.  He continued that trend, as he only caught 2 balls for a grand total of 8 yards against the Jets.  He isn't startable in fantasy right now.

Image result for jarvis landry dolphinsI'm high on: Terrelle Pryor, Sr. (ESPN #21, ME #11)
He has either scored or eclipsed the 100 yard mark in 3 of his last 4 games.  He's a big part of this offense, and Baltimore actually gives up top-5 fantasy numbers to WRs this season.  I like Pryor as a WR1 this week.


I'm down on: Jarvis Landry (ESPN #17, ME #24) 
The guy typically gets plenty of targets, but he hasn't scored double-digit fantasy points since WEEK 3!  I can't see ranking him as highly as the experts have him until he starts producing like he has in the past.

TEs
1.Rob Gronkowski        
2.Greg Olsen 
3.Jordan Reed   
4.Tyler Eifert 
5.Delanie Walker 
6.Travis Kelce  
7.Jimmy Graham  
8.Antonio Gates 
9.Kyle Rudolph
10.Zach Miller
11.Jason Witten    
12.C.J. Fiedorowicz  
13.Dennis Pitta   
14.Cameron Brate 
15.Zach Ertz
16.Lance Kendricks 

Last week I gave you a guy under the radar in Lance Kendricks (ESPN #19, ME #12).  He had at least 7 targets in 3 of his last 4 games, and he ended up with 7 catches on 12 targets against Carolina!  He totaled 90 receiving yards and was the #13 fantasy TE for the week.  He actually dropped a touchdown in the endzone, which would have landed him closer to the top spot, but that's kind of how it goes for the Rams.  As for Antonio Gates (ESPN #6, ME #14), I continued to be down on him.  But Hunter Henry actually didn't play in this game, which was slightly unexpected.  Gates had 75 yards and a touchdown, so he was a top-5 play.  Whatever.  I guess I'll rank him now...

This week my tight end rankings are essentially the same as ESPN's, so I'll move on to the defenses.
DEF
1.Cardinals 
2.Ravens 
3.Panthers  
4.Rams 
5.Vikings  
6.Chiefs    
7.Redskins  
8.Texans 
9.Jets
10.Patriots
11.Chargers  
12.Bears 

Finally a week in which I made some decent defensive picks.  I was high on the Detroit Lions (ESPN #20, ME #10), as they faced a Viking offensive line that was getting destroyed as of late (and an offense that had only put up 10 points in each of its previous two games).  Well, Detroit held the Vikings to 16 points and ended up as a top-15 fantasy defense.  As for the Jets (ESPN #8 ME NOT RANKED), I just didn't see them as doing much against the Dolphins (who were coming off their bye week and had Jay Ajayi running all over everyone as of late).  Miami put up 27 points in this game, and the Jets forced zero turnovers and only sacked Tannehill once.  They were in the BOTTOM 5 fantasy defenses in Week 9.  THIS week I actually like this unit, as they face the Keenum turnover machine at home...

I'm high on: Washington Redskins (ESPN #16, ME #7)
Image result for redskins defense josh normanComing off their bye week, my Redskins are facing the Viking offense that has been terrible as of late (as mentioned last week).  Washington has at least 3 sacks in each of their last 4 games, and they've forced 11 turnovers in 8 games.  I'll probably be starting them on my own fantasy team this week, so I'll be upset for a lot of reasons if I'm wrong here.  But I like us to have a good day on the defensive side of the ball and hopefully come away with a victory.

I'm down on: San Diego Chargers (ESPN #4, ME #11) 
Sure they've been a top-5 fantasy defense over the last 4 weeks, but a lot of that is due to 3 defensive touchdowns (which are really hard to count on when you're starting a D).  The experts sure liked the Jets last week against the Dolphins, and they like the Chargers against them this week too.  Not me.  I think this will be a high scoring game, and I don't think San Diego will be a top-10 fantasy defense.

Good luck to everyone in Week 10!  
(Except you, Mike...)

Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment