Friday, September 6, 2013

Week 1 Rankings: Friday Update

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.
Last night was a pretty nice way to start off the fantasy season.  Well, not for me personally, but in general there was a lot going on.  (Torrey Smith didn't exactly light up the scoreboard, but I think he'll be good in the long run...oh, and my wife isn't too thrilled with the actual outcome of the game).

If you waited way too long to draft a QB and ended up starting a guy like Flacco last night, you have to be pretty satisfied.  But if you have Peyton Manning on your team, you have to be downright giddy after that performance.  If you had any of his targets (other than Decker), you're also jumping for joy right about now.  If you took Ray Rice with your top-3 pick?  Again, things look pretty good (especially for a PPR league).  Draft a Bronco running back?  Hopefully you didn't roll the dice and start one of them last night.  We'll see how that all shakes out in Denver, but I might not be ranking any of them in Week 2.  John Fox RBBC style strikes again!  So, lots to talk about...and that's just after ONE GAME!  Man, I can't wait until Sunday!!!

With that one game now in the books, I thought I'd take the time today to update my rankings.  I'm not doing much more than removing Ravens and Broncos, but I will be adding a few people to my list (and shuffling around one or two).  I'll let you know in the notes below if there's anything exciting going on in this update.

QBs
1.Drew Brees
2.Tom Brady
3.Andrew Luck
4.Matt Ryan
5.Aaron Rodgers
6.Colin Kaepernick
7.Matthew Stafford
8.Russell Wilson
9.Tony Romo
10.RGIII
11.Cam Newton
12.Eli Manning
13.Michael Vick
14.Ben Roethlisberger
15.Matt Schaub 
16.Sam Bradford
17.Andy Dalton
18.EJ Manuel   
19.Alex Smith
20.Carson Palmer             

So now that Peyton Manning has left the Week 1 list (in 7-TD style I might add), I am now ranking Matt Ryan inside my top-5.  I'm still not going to move him ahead of Andrew Luck, more on principle at this point than anything.  I can't talk about liking one guy over another on Wednesday, only to go back on my word on Friday.  I mean, I could.  But that's not my style.  That being said, I now have Luck way higher than any of the experts...and I like it.  Let's see if he can do his best impression of Peyton.


Get off me!  I'm not in the rankings yet...
With two QBs coming off the list last night, it made room for a couple others.  I've added Alex Smith and Carson Palmer to the mix.  Sorry, but still no Jay Cutler.  Still no Josh Freeman for me either.  I just think that Jets defense will keep him honest this week.  Those two and Terrelle Pryor just barely didn't make my top-20.  Yes, Terrelle Pryor.  Say what you will, but I think the Colts are going to put a beatdown on the Raiders.  There will be a lot of throws playing from behind, and a guy like Pryor has the potential to get some serious points with his legs too.  Maybe he'll make an appearance on the Week 2 rankings...

RBs
1.Jamaal Charles
2.Adrian Peterson
3.Stevan Ridley
4.CJ Spiller
5.Doug Martin
6.LeSean McCoy
7.Alfred Morris
8.Steven Jackson
9.Trent Richardson 
10.Marshawn Lynch
11.Maurice Jones-Drew
12.Arian Foster
13.David Wilson
14.Matt Forte
15.Reggie Bush
16.Chris Johnson
17.Frank Gore
18.DeMarco Murray
19.Darren McFadden
20.Darren Sproles
21.Lamar Miller
22.Ryan Mathews
23.Shane Vereen
24.Daryl Richardson
25.Rashard Mendenhall
26.Ahmad Bradshaw
27.Eddie Lacy
28.Isaac Redman
29.Ben Tate
30.DeAngelo Williams
31.Bilal Powell
32.Giovanni Bernard
33.Mark Ingram
34.Vick Ballard
35.Benjarvis Green-Ellis
36.Danny Woodhead
37.Chris Ivory
38.Fred Jackson
39.Michael Bush
40.Jacquizz Rodgers

Here's a tip:  Just don't start ANY Jets!!!
You may have noticed that I moved Ahmad Bradshaw down a little.  As I mentioned in the QB discussion above, I just have a feeling that the Colts will be pouring it on.  With Bradshaw coming off injury, I think we could see more Vick Ballard in the second half (or just more Luck doing his Peyton Manning impression, making me look like a genius!).  I'm moving Ben Tate up for basically the same reason.  Eddie Lacy is dropping a little bit too, since he's playing the 49ers tough run defense.  I think I got a little too high on him, and seeing what happened to Montee Ball last night scared me a little.  Yes, Lacy will get more touches than Ball did.  But I'm still a little concerned with what he might be able to do with those touches this particular week.

Chris Ivory also falls down the list, and Bilal Powell more or less takes his place.  Apparently Powell earned the starting tailback position, but we'll see what that means for this Sunday.  Either way, Tampa Bay was the best defense against the run last season, so neither RB may do much this week.  Shane Vereen has moved up my rankings, dangerously close to Ryan Mathews.  This is going to be my game time decision at my Flex position in my money league.  Might just have to flip a coin...


WRs
1.Calvin Johnson
2.Dez Bryant
3.AJ Green
4.Brandon Marshall
5.Julio Jones
6.Danny Amendola
7.Andre Johnson
8.Pierre Garcon
9.Roddy White 
10.Larry Fitzgerald
11.Marques Colston
12.Victor Cruz
13.Randall Cobb
14.Reggie Wayne
15.Dwayne Bowe
16.Cecil Shorts
17.Antonio Brown
18.Vincent Jackson
19.DeSean Jackson
20.Hakeem Nicks
21.Steve Smith
22.Jordy Nelson
23.Miles Austin
24.T.Y. Hilton
25.Mike Wallace
26.Anquan Boldin
27.James Jones
28.Kenbrell Thompkins
29.Sidney Rice
30.Greg Jennings
31.Steve Johnson
32.Lance Moore
33.Mike Williams
34.Chris Givens
35.Vincent Brown
36.Golden Tate 
37.Emmanuel Sanders
38.Tavon Austin
39.Kenny Britt
40.Denarius Moore

Cheer up, Eric.  You still have something going for you...
Well, I had all 3 Bronco receivers in my top-25.  Two of them should be there once all of the Week 1 games are finished.  It looks like Eric Decker could be the odd man out, especially with Peyton tossing 2 TDs to that beast tight end that no one was talking about in the preseason.  But it's only one game.  Next week, we'll probably all have Welker higher than Decker, and it'll be the latter who gets the scores.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.  As for my updates to this list, I've just added a few more names to the bottom.  DeAndre Hopkins hasn't cracked my list, but I think that's only a matter of time...

TEs
1.Jimmy Graham
2.Jason Witten
3.Tony Gonzalez 
4.Zach Sudfeld
5.Vernon Davis
6.Greg Olsen
7.Jermichael Finley
8.Owen Daniels
9.Kyle Rudolph
10.Brandon Pettigrew
11.Jared Cook
12.Jordan Cameron

(No update. Didn't have Julius Thomas in my top-12, but might have to reconsider moving forward.)


DEF
1.Texans
2.Patriots
3.Seahawks
4.Rams
5.Buccaneers
6.Bears
7.Bengals
8.Colts
9.Steelers
10.49ers
11.Browns
12.Chiefs

Well, the Broncos were a borderline top-12 defense in my rankings, but they had a good showing last night.  It would've been even better if Danny Trevathan held on to the football for one more yard.  I guess that was the DeSean Jackson touchdown celebration...?806467277


My all of your fantasy football dreams come true in Week 1...

Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment