Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Week 9 Rankings

So now that my lengthy mid-year fantasy season review is complete, let's get to the rankings.  I was back in the loss column last week, so I'm sitting at 3-5.  Much like the Redskins, I'm starting to get into "must win" territory.  OK let's go!

QBs
1.Aaron Rodgers
2.RGIII
3.Matt Ryan
4.Drew Brees
5.Michael Vick
6.Peyton Manning
7.Matthew Stafford
8.Andrew Luck
9.Cam Newton
10.Ben Roethlisberger
11.Josh Freeman
12.Matt Schaub
13.Eli Manning
14.Carson Palmer
15.Joe Flacco
16.Tony Romo
17.Philip Rivers
18.Jay Cutler
19.Andy Dalton
20.Russell Wilson
21.Ryan Fitzpatrick
22.Brandon Weeden
23.Christian Ponder
24.Matt Hasselbeck 

Rodgers and Brees were no where near the top spot last week, but you know who was?  Peyton Manning.  OK, so he wasn't the #1 QB in Week 8, but he was #3.  Stafford had a big game, and so did Brady, but Manning was right behind them.  I also said that Cam Newton would have under 300 total yards and 1.5 total TDs, and although he did have 351 total yards, the Bears kept him out of the endzone.  I wasn't 3 for 3 on my predictions because I mentioned how I didn't rank Alex Smith, but come on, who did?!?  This week I'm ranking Vick highly on Monday night against that horrible Saints defense.  It also sounds like he's playing for his job, so I think he'll show up in a big way.  I also have Josh Freeman near the top-10, which sucks because I'll be playing against him this week.  Not a bad bye week fill-in for the Tom Brady-less Fightin Zovkos!  I think he'll easily break the 20 fantasy point mark against that Raider D.

RBs
1.Arian Foster
2.Ray Rice
3.LeSean McCoy
4.Matt Forte
5.Ryan Mathews
6.Alfred Morris
7.Marshawn Lynch
8.Trent Richardson
9.Willis McGahee
10.Adrian Peterson
11.Doug Martin
12.Jamaal Charles
13.Reggie Bush
14.Ahmad Bradshaw
15.Chris Johnson
16.Darren McFadden
17.CJ Spiller
18.Michael Turner
19.Darren Sproles
20.Rashad Jennings
21.Benjarvis Green-Ellis
22.Mikel LeShoure
23.Fred Jackson
24.Jonathan Stewart
25.Jonathan Dwyer
26.Alex Green
27.Felix Jones
28.LaRod Stephens-Howling
29.Michael Bush
30.Vick Ballard
31.Pierre Thomas
32.Daniel Thomas
33.Andre Brown
34.Donald Brown
35.LaGarrette Blount
36.Joique Bell
37.Jacquizz Rodgers
38.Philip Tanner
39.Ronnie Brown
40.Peyton Hillis

So I said I would keep Jamaal Charles at the top spot against any defense he goes up against, but I'm backing off that a little bit after Week 8.  I had AP a lot lower than most of the experts last week and said he wouldn't be a top-5 RB.  Well I was right, but he finished 6th, and well ahead of some of the other top ranked RBs.  So let's just call that a wash.  Chris Johnson continued his recent hot play, but he should cool off a little this week against the Bears.  If he get 100 yards and a TD against that defense, I'll be shocked.  I'll also give him mad respect from here on out.  It's no surprise that Foster and Rice are back at the top spots after their bye weeks, and I have my guys Forte and Mathews right behind them.  I'm hoping for a big game out of Mathews against KC, and I have him ranked much higher than the experts this week.


WRs
1.Calvin Johnson
2.Brandon Marshall
3.AJ Green
4.Percy Harvin
5.Victor Cruz
6.Demaryius Thomas
7.Reggie Wayne
8.Vincent Jackson
9.Julio Jones
10.Jordy Nelson
11.Andre Johnson
12.Roddie White
13.Mike Wallace
14.Marques Colston
15.Denarius Moore 
16.Steve Smith
17.Miles Austin
18.Jeremy Maclin
19.Eric Decker
20.Dez Bryant
21.Antonio Brown
22.Larry Fitzgerald
23.Torrey Smith 
24.Dwayne Bowe
25.Mike Williams
26.Steve Johnson
27.Hakeem Nicks
28.Randall Cobb
29.DeShaun Jackson
30.Josh Gordon
31.Lance Moore
32.Malcom Floyd
33.James Jones
34.Titus Young
35.Andre Roberts
36.Anquan Boldin
37.Sidney Rice
38.Brian Hartline
39.Donnie Avery
40.Kenny Britt
41.Cecil Shorts
42.Darius Heyward-Bey


I'm dropping Dwayne Bowe even further in my rankings this week, but Cassell is back and San Diego has a tough rush defense.  That makes me think they'll air it out a bit, so I'm actually expecting something from Bowe this week.  I just like a lot of other WRs more than him right now.  The experts jumped off the Megatron bandwagon pretty quickly, but I'm ranking him #1 this week.  That's right.  I'm going out on a limb and ranking Calvin Johnson as the #1 fantasy wide receiver for Week 9.  Please try to contain your disbelief.  Vincent Jackson is a top-10 WR for me this week, and I'm keeping Jordy up there because I think the hamstring is fine.  I have no basis for that right now, but I'm thinking he would have played last week if it was the playoffs.  He'll be OK.

TEs
1.Jimmy Graham
2.Jason Witten
3.Heath Miller
4.Tony Gonzalez
5.Owen Daniels
6.Brent Celek
7.Antonio Gates
8.Martellus Bennett
9.Greg Olsen
10.Brandon Pettigrew
11.Kyle Rudolph
12.Scott Chandler
13.Jermaine Gresham
14.Jared Cook
15.Dennis Pitta
16.Brandon Myers
17.Jermichael Finley
18.Jacob Tamme

Gates was back to his mediocre self in Week 8, Aaron Hernandez didn't make the trip to London due to his wife having a baby (but I still think he’s instantly a top-5 fantasy tight end when he comes back in Week 10), and Dustin Keller had another solid week (as predicted).  This week, I'm being pretty boring with the tight end rankings.  Nothing exciting really.  I still have Gates ranked in the top-10, but at this point, who knows?


DEF
1.Bears
2.Texans
3.Packers
4.Ravens
5.Lions
6.Seahawks
7.Chargers
8.Falcons
9.Dolphins
10.Broncos
11.Giants
12.Vikings
13.Cardinals
14.Steelers

The Bears didn't claim the top spot last week, but they still had a good week.  The Packers and Niners were in the top-5 in Week 8, and those defenses will probably both be near the top moving forward.  I did say I liked both the Lions and Seahawks in the same way I liked both the Rams and Dolphins in Week 6, but I was wrong there (although neither team got -2 like the Vikings did for my fantasy team).  I also suggested that if you needed a bye week fill-in on defense, the Raiders were a good option against KC.  Well that advice could have won me a game in Week 8, but who knew the Vikings would get torched by the Bucs like they did on Thursday night?  (Note: I sure didn't.)  This week I'm taking San Diego's defense at home against those same Chiefs.  I hope my advice can just work well for me a week later.

Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment