Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week 6 Rankings


So far my fantasy season has been pretty frustrating, but week 5 took the cake.  Thursday night I was looking at playing Andre Roberts because I was worried Lance Moore might be out Sunday, but I didn't know for sure.  I didn't want to miss out on a tasty matchup for Lance, so I waited.  Sure enough, I found out Friday that he'd be out against the Chargers.  Roberts didn't do much, but he got 4.2 fantasy points on my bench (which would've helped...stay tuned).  In hindsight, the logical choice would have been to upgrade Devery Henderson and fill him in, but I didn't do that.  I stuck with my rankings and the amount of targets guys have been getting thusfar, and I chose Greg Little (who ended up with zero catches).  That zero really hurt because my Chargers played well on Sunday night, and going into the 4th quarter of that game I only needed 4 points from Rivers, Mathews, and Gates (combined!).

Of course, that didn't happen.

Rivers threw a pick, but I was still OK.  I knew he'd get the ball back in a close game, and he did.  He marched down the field and I thought I had the game won with a 20-30 yard pass to Gates, but then that got called back (flag: offensive pass interference).  I'm in a league with fractional points and I was actually tied at 95.60, until Rivers fumbled on the last play and lost me two points.  So that was it.  Two points.  

I feel like I stuck to my guns and my rankings, but it just didn't quite work out.  Injuries are killing me right now, but I have to try to find some points out there somewhere.  So far, guys on my team who have been injured include: Mathews, Nicks, Forte, Gates, Moore...and now AP is dealing with an ankle injury and will probably be questionable this weekend.  

I feel like the Jets!

But enough complaining.  It's time to get down to business.  Thankfully my league is highly competitive, and while I'm sitting at a horrid 1-4, there are six teams tied for 2nd place at 3-2 (more or less depending on their total points).  A couple of wins and I'm right back in this thing!  It's a 13 game fantasy regular season, so we're more than 1/3 of the way through now.  It's time to put up or shut up.  Injuries and bye weeks are going to kill me the next couple of weeks, but they're going to be hurting other people too. I'm really feeling the pressure for the Ws now, and there's no time like the present to get one.  Hopefully I can have enough guys to make a team this week.  I guess I'll have to make that happen, based on the rankings below.  Enjoy!


QBs
1.Matt Ryan
2.Aaron Rodgers
3.Peyton Manning
4.Ben Roethlisberger
5.Tom Brady
6.Matthew Stafford
7.Eli Manning
8.RGIII
9.Joe Flacco
10.Andrew Luck
11.Michael Vick
12.Philip Rivers
13.Andy Dalton
14.Tony Romo
15.Ryan Fitzpatrick
16.Alex Smith
17.Kevin Kolb
18.Matt Schaub
19.Christian Ponder
20.Carson Palmer
21.Josh Freeman
22.Ryan Tannehill
23.Brandon Weeden
24.Sam Bradford

A lot of the top quarterbacks are going up against tough defenses this week, so I'm going to shake things up a bit.  I missed on Andy Dalton last week, but I was definitely right in ranking Luck as highly as I did.  He was impressive against Green Bay, and we'll see how he does on the road this week against the Jets secondary (I think he'll keep rolling).  Peyton just barely edged out Eli in fantasy points in week six, so I would've lost that bet (though not by much...both had great games).  I have Peyton ranked very highly this week, as I think he'll show up big this time on MNF.  I'm dropping RGIII considerably this week, obviously due to the concussion.  If he does play, I think he could be a little shaken up, hesitant, or potentially not even finish the game as a precautionary measure.  If I were to update my rankings later on in the week, I'd probably drop him even further.  Big Ben is well into my top ten this week, as I think he'll light up the Titans on Thursday night.  I'd be surprised if he didn't have 300 yards and at least 2 TDs.


RBs
1.Arian Foster
2.Ray Rice
3.Jamaal Charles
4.Trent Richardson
5.Marshawn Lynch
6.LeSean McCoy
7.Darren McFadden
8.Ryan Mathews
9.Frank Gore
10.DeMarco Murray
11.Reggie Bush
12.Michael Turner
13.Alfred Morris
14.Adrian Peterson
15.Rashard Mendenhall
16.Benjarvis Green-Ellis
17.Doug Martin
18.Stevan Ridley
19.Mikel LeShoure
20.Willis McGahee
21.Donald Brown
22.Ahmad Bradshaw
23.CJ Spiller
24.Fred Jackson
25.Chris Johnson
26.Steven Jackson
27.LaRod Stephens-Howling
28.Alex Green
29.Kendall Hunter
30.Shonn Greene
31.Jacquizz Rodgers
32.Jackie Battle
33.James Starks
34.Daniel Thomas
35.LaGarrette Blount
36.Isaac Redman
37.Ben Tate
38.Danny Woodhead
39.Shaun Draughn
40.Toby Gerhart

Jamaal Charles continues to impress, no matter what defense he goes up against.  Brady Quinn will be the starter this week, so I'm thinking the Chiefs will give Charles the rock just a little bit.  Tampa Bay has a good rush defense, but then again, so did Baltimore (and he did just fine against them). I kept the faith in Ryan Mathews, and he almost helped get me a win last week (and he would have if Norv had left him in the game at the end...why Ronnie Brown was in there in the 4th quarter I have NO idea!).  Mendenhall moves up the board this week, and new additions Alex Green and LaRod Stephens-Howling are also both additions to my actual fantasy team.  With Forte and Lance Moore on a bye (and Nicks and AP potentially not going Sunday), I might just end up playing both of them.  How sad is that?  We'll see just how sad it is because I think they both have a good opportunity to produce this week.

One final note: Not that anyone really cares, but I have officially waived Mark Ingram.  RIP, homie.


WRs
1.AJ Green
2.Percy Harvin
3.Calvin Johnson
4.Roddie White
5.Larry Fitzgerald
6.Julio Jones
7.Andre Johnson
8.Reggie Wayne
9.Victor Cruz
10.Mike Wallace
11.Demaryius Thomas
12.Wes Welker
13.Antonio Brown
14.Torrey Smith
15.DeShaun Jackson
16.Miles Austin
17.Steve Johnson
18.Jordy Nelson
19.Brandon Lloyd
20.Vincent Jackson
21.Malcom Floyd
22.Dwayne Bowe
23.Eric Decker
24.James Jones
25.Dez Bryant
26.Brian Hartline
27.Pierre Garcon
28.Denarius Moore
29.Jeremy Maclin
30.Michael Crabtree
31.Andre Roberts
32.Anquan Boldin
33.Andrew Hawkins
34.Mike Williams
35.Nate Burleson
36.Reuben Randle
37.Leonard Hankerson
38.Davone Bess
39.Titus Young
40.Nate Washington
41.Domenik Hixon
42.Darius Heyward-Bey


So Kenny Britt finally played last week, but he was clearly hobbled with an injury.  I'm going to stop doubling down on him though because (regardless of what my grandmother thinks) I am not a doctor.  Brandon Lloyd is going up and down like Oprah's BMI, and this week he's back down.  That being said you should probably start him because he'll probably be a top ten guy this week.  Whatever.  I'm kind of done talking about him too.  I picked Luck to have a big week against Green Bay, so I ranked Reggie Wayne way up there.  This week he breaks into the top 10.  Dwayne Bowe is dropping because he has Quinn throwing him the ball now (*sigh*).  I probably should have James Jones higher, but I just don't trust that guy two weeks in a row.  If you want to trust him, be my guest.  If Greg Jennings makes it back though, consider Jones off my rankings.


TEs
1.Tony Gonzalez
2.Rob Gronkowski
3.Vernon Davis
4.Jason Witten
5.Antonio Gates
6.Kyle Rudolph
7.Owen Daniels
8.Fred Davis
9.Aaron Hernandez
10.Brandon Pettigrew
11.Brent Celek
12.Dennis Pitta
13.Martellus Bennett
14.Heath Miller
15.Jared Cook
16.Jermaine Gresham
17.Scott Chandler
18.Jacob Tamme

I dropped Bennett down a bit last week, and he didn't do much.  I'm still concerned about his consistency, so I'm going to keep him outside of the top ten for now.  He and Dennis Pitta are kind of the same person to me right now, so they're ranked right next to each other.  I can't believe it, but Tony Gonzalez has earned the top spot.  I must say that I was dead wrong about him this year.  I thought the guy had to run out of gas at some point, and although he will, it doesn't look like it's this year.  Matt Ryan should torch Oakland, and I think there will be plenty of yards and touchdowns to go around in Atlanta.  I'm keeping Gates in my top ten even though he continues to suck.  I mean, he doesn't suck.  He's getting a lot of targets, but he's dropping touchdowns and getting offensive pass interference calls.  So that stuff sucks.  We'll see if he can turn it around and keep up with old man Gonzo.  Also, as of this writing, Finley looks questionable to play against the Texans, so I've removed him from the list and added Aaron Hernandez around where he would be (assuming Hernandez is back this week).

DEF
1.Ravens
2.49ers
3.Cardinals
4.Dolphins
5.Falcons
6.Rams
7.Steelers
8.Texans
9.Seahawks
10.Vikings
11.Bucs
12.Bengals
13.Patriots
14.Redskins

The Texans looked solid once again, but they lost Cushing to a season-ending ACL injury, and Green Bay is coming to town this week.  I think the Packers will play strong and bounce back after last week's loss in Indy, so I don't see Houston's defense being at the very top this week.  I sure hope the Ravens are the top defense because that would mean Romo might have another horrible game like he had two weeks ago.  I would enjoy that a great deal.  The Dolphins are looking good on defense, and they'll be playing at home against the Rams.  That's a pretty good matchup and another game the Fins can win.  That being said, I also have the Rams D ranked pretty highly, so we'll see if that ends up being a 13-10 game like I think it will.


Only three days until my wedding, so this will be the last you hear from me for a while.  I might update my rankings from a beach in Maui, but I doubt it.  Hopefully my writing and rankings don't suck after I get a ring on this finger!


Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment