Thursday, October 25, 2012

Week 8 Rankings


I feel like it has been waaaay too long, and I’m a changed man in more ways than one.  Most noteably I guess would be the fact that I now have a ring on my left hand.  But second to that has to be my fantasy team going from 1-4 to 3-4!  I said during my Week 6 Rankings that I just needed a couple of wins and I'm right back in this thing.  Although I didn’t move after week 6, I jumped from 12th to 10th place after last week, and I’m now a win away from jumping a couple more spots.  So yeah, I’m back in it.  A lot of names have changed on these lists with injuries and bye weeks, but let’s get right to it.


QBs
1.Peyton Manning
2.Aaron Rodgers
3.Drew Brees
4.RGIII
5.Ben Roethlisberger
6.Tom Brady
7.Matt Ryan
8.Andrew Luck
9.Michael Vick
10.Philip Rivers
11.Tony Romo
12.Eli Manning
13.Matthew Stafford
14.Carson Palmer
15.Christian Ponder
16.Jay Cutler
17.Cam Newton
18.Sam Bradford
19.Brandon Weeden
20.Mark Sanchez
21.Russell Wilson
22.Ryan Tannehill
23.Josh Freeman
24.Matt Hasselbeck

Peyton Manning is coming off a bye week and gets the Saints secondary…at HOME?…in PRIME TIME?!?  Everyone else can go ahead and play it safe with Rodgers or Brees, but I think Peyton will go off on Sunday night.  I’ll take him at the top spot, thank you very much.  Another QB of note this week is Cam Newton, but for the opposite reason.  The Bears D doesn’t give up many fantasy points to anyone, much less to quarterbacks.  I’d sit him if I had a better option this week.  I’m taking the under on 300 total yards and 1.5 total TDs this week for Cam.  Also, Alex Smith didn't make the cut this week.  Oh well.


RBs
1.Jamaal Charles
2.LeSean McCoy
3.Matt Forte
4.Chris Johnson
5.Ryan Mathews
6.Darren McFadden
7.Adrian Peterson
8.Marshawn Lynch
9.Frank Gore
10.Reggie Bush
11.Willis McGahee
12.Alfred Morris
13.Ahmad Bradshaw
14.Trent Richardson
15.Darren Sproles
16.Rashad Jennings
17.Michael Turner
18.Doug Martin
19.Stevan Ridley
20.Steven Jackson
21.Alex Green
22.Vick Ballard
23.Mikel LeShoure
24.Shonn Greene
25.Michael Bush
26.Felix Jones
27.Jonathan Dwyer
28.LaRod Stephens-Howling
29.Kendall Hunter
30.Daryl Richardson
31.Pierre Thomas
32.Philip Tanner
33.Jonathan Stewart
34.Daniel Thomas
35.LaGarrette Blount
36.Andre Brown
37.Jacquizz Rodgers
38.Danny Woodhead
39.Montario Hardesty
40.Jamie Harper

Jamaal Charles is going to stay at the top spot for me, at least until it looks like Peyton Hillis is healthy and vulturing some TDs from him.  Until then, I’m keeping him at the top against any defense he goes up against.  Once again, I have the 3 RBs on my team ranked in my top 10 overall RBs for the week (AP, Mathews, Forte).  If that’s right, I shouldn’t have a problem winning for a third straight week.  Then again, anything can happen.  I do have AP a lot lower than most of the experts.  Tampa Bay has a solid run defense, and even though it is Peterson, I have a feeling that with the shortened week against a tough D, he's not going to be a top-5 RB this week.  Rashad Jennings jumps from obscurity into the #16 spot, and Chris Johnson bounces way back up after an amazing performance in Week 7.  Speaking of amazing, I can't believe just how much I had to edit this list from Week 6 toWeek 8.  It just goes to show you how much volatility there is at this position, even in a small amount of time.


WRs
1.Percy Harvin
2.Demaryius Thomas
3.Victor Cruz
4.Brandon Marshall
5.Calvin Johnson
6.Jordy Nelson
7.Reggie Wayne
8.Roddie White
9.Marques Colston
10.Mike Wallace
11.Wes Welker
12.Julio Jones
13.Eric Decker
14.Vincent Jackson
15.Larry Fitzgerald
16.Antonio Brown
17.Miles Austin
18.Hakeem Nicks
19.Randall Cobb
20.Dez Bryant
21.DeShaun Jackson
22.Dwayne Bowe
23.Lance Moore
24.Jeremy Maclin
25.Denarius Moore
26.Brandon Lloyd
27.Malcom Floyd
28.Steve Smith
29.James Jones
30.Josh Gordon
31.Kenny Britt
32.Jeremy Kerley
33.Brian Hartline
34.Mike Williams
35.Titus Young
36.Michael Crabtree
37.Sidney Rice
38.Brandon Gibson
39.Donnie Avery
40.Andre Roberts
41.Nate Washington
42.Darius Heyward-Bey

Dwayne Bowe continues to drop because, again, he has Brady Quinn throwing him the ball now (*double sigh*).  I’ll give him another week to see if those two can connect a little more frequently, but he might be on the trading block for me in the near future.  Right behind him I have ranked Lance Moore (also on my squad), and that's going to be a tough start/sit call for me come Sunday.  I have Peyton and Big Ben high on my QB rankings, so I have Thomas/Decker and Wallace/Brown very high as well.  It’s weird seeing Calvin Johnson in the middle of the top-10, but that’s about where he belongs right now (especially going up against a tough Seattle defense).  I think he’ll probably pull in about 80 yards and  TD, but I don’t expect much more than that from him this week.

TEs
1.Rob Gronkowski
2.Jimmy Graham
3.Tony Gonzalez
4.Antonio Gates
5.Aaron Hernandez
6.Jason Witten
7.Vernon Davis
8.Heath Miller
9.Dustin Keller
10.Brent Celek
11.Kyle Rudolph
12.Greg Olsen
13.Brandon Pettigrew
14.Martellus Bennett
15.Jared Cook
16.Brandon Myers
17.Jermichael Finley
18.Jacob Tamme

Gates finally had a good week, and right before the bye.  Hopefully he and Rivers worked more on those TDs over the break, because I need that connection to continue through the second half of my fantasy season.  Aaron Hernandez is back and once again a big part of the Patriot offense.  He’s instantly a top-5 fantasy tight end.  Dustin Keller is also back from injury, and with the Jets struggling to find some consistancy at wide receiver, I look for Sanchez to keep throwing to his althetic tight end.

DEF
1.Bears
2.49ers
3.Packers
4.Vikings
5.Cardinals
6.Lions
7.Seahawks
8.Patriots
9.Chargers
10.Falcons
11.Dolphins
12.Jets
13.Giants
14.Raiders

The Bears continue to dominate on defense, and I think that will happen again at home against the Panthers.  The Niners should also put up some good fantasy points on D, no matter who the QB in Arizona will be.  I like the Packers a lot against a banged up Jags team, and I like both the Lions and Seahawks in the same way I liked both the Rams and Dolphins in Week 6 (side note: I predicted a 13-10 score in that game, but it ended up 17-14…pretty close).  I think the Detroit/Seattle game will also go under whatever Vegas says the total points will be for that game, and both defenses will get some points.  Speaking of not a lot of points, did I mention Brady Quinn was the QB for the Chiefs now?  If you need a bye week fill-in on defense, I suggest the Raiders.  I know Arrowhead can be a tough place to play, but I still think Quinn will have at least three turnovers (one of which will go to the house).

The honeymoon may be over, but the vacation never ends…

Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment