Thursday, September 27, 2012

Week 4 Rankings


It's just over two weeks until my wedding, so I don't have the time to do a ton of writing, but I'm going to keep trying to get these rankings out here each and every week.  The bye weeks have begun, so let the serious adding and dropping begin.  We'll see how right/wrong I am this week!

QBs
1.Aaron Rodgers
2.RGIII
3.Drew Brees
4.Matt Ryan
5.Tom Brady
6.Peyton Manning
7.Matthew Stafford
8.Joe Flacco
9.Cam Newton
10.Ryan Fitzpatrick
11.Michael Vick
12.Eli Manning
13.Philip Rivers
14.Tony Romo
15.Andy Dalton
16.Josh Freeman
17.Matt Schaub
18.Carson Palmer
19.Christian Ponder
20. Kevin Kolb

Last week I was pretty wrong about Newton and Rodgers, as I'm sure many others were, but I was pretty spot on with Fitzpatrick.  He's still getting no love from the experts (16th on yahoo and 18th on espn this week), and I just picked him up off the waiver wire in my league.  We'll see if I have the stones to start him over Rivers this week because I think he'll have another big game against New England.  The Redskins and Bucs have each given up over 1000 total passing yards this season, and this week they're playing each other.  RGIII is an obvious play at this point, but I think one could argue him for the top spot this week.  I'm also adding Josh Freeman back to the list (at least for this week), as he'll probably torch the Skins' secondary.


RBs
1.Arian Foster
2.Ray Rice
3.Maurice Jones-Drew
4.Jamaal Charles
5.Marshawn Lynch
6.Darren McFadden
7.LeSean McCoy
8.Adrian Peterson
9.Benjarvis Green-Ellis
10.Ryan Mathews
11.Michael Bush
12.DeMarco Murray
13.Trent Richardson
14.Frank Gore
15.Doug Martin
16.Mikel Leshoure
17.Darren Sproles
18.Michael Turner
19.Cedric Benson
20.Stevan Ridley
21.Reggie Bush
22.Alfred Morris
23.Fred Jackson
24.Ahmad Bradshaw
25.Ryan Williams
26.Steven Jackson
27.Willis McGahee
28.Chris Johnson
29.Tashard Choice
30.Jacquizz Rodgers
31.Jonathan Stewart
32.Ben Tate
33.Shonn Greene
34.DeAngelo Williams
35.Pierre Thomas
36.Lance Ball
37.Daniel Thomas
38.Andre Brown
39.Mark Ingram
40.Peyton Hillis

Looks like I was a little too low on Andre Brown last week, but I'm going to stay down on him again this week because Bradshaw's back.  I almost made a bet this past weekend that Andre Brown wouldn't have a 100+ yard rushing game the rest of the season (and now I'm wishing I had done it).  I had Michael Bush in the top 10 last week, and he filled in just fine.  I think he'll continue to do well, even this week against an improved Dallas defense.  I mentioned Mikel Leshoure last week, and I said that "I expect Kevin Smith to get injured any day now, and Leshoure could be that late round flier who turns into fantasy gold by the middle of the season."  Smith didn't get one touch in week 3, and although he didn't have any apparent injury, I think his (fantasy) season is done at this point.  Big shoutout to Brandon in our league for both drafting Leshoure and playing him last week over Pierre Thomas.


WRs
1.AJ Green
2.Calvin Johnson
3.Julio Jones
4.Percy Harvin
5.Andre Johnson
6.Larry Fitzgerald
7.Victor Cruz
8.Brandon Marshall
9.Brandon Lloyd
10.Roddie White
11.Demaryius Thomas
12.Steve Smith
13.Dwayne Bowe
14.Steve Johnson
15.Greg Jennings
16.Torrey Smith
17.Miles Austin
18.Jordy Nelson
19.Hakeem Nicks
20.Eric Decker
21.Vincent Jackson
22.Wes Welker
23.Malcom Floyd
24.Marques Colston
25.Dez Bryant
26.Kenny Britt
27.Danny Amendola
28.DeShaun Jackson
29.Jeremy Maclin
30.Denarius Moore
31.Michael Crabtree
32.Brandon LaFell
33.Lance Moore
34.Anquan Boldin
35.Mike Williams
36.Davone Bess
37.Santonio Holmes
38.Andrew Hawkins
39.Nate Burleson
40.Leonard Hankerson

So last week, saying Cruz would probably get 20+ targets was a bit of an exaggeration. He still got 8 targets, but he didn't do much with them.  Andre Brown blew up, and Barden stepped in nicely for Nicks, so those two things also didn't help Cruz's value.  Apparently me giving him the kiss of death didn't help either (look out this week, AJ!).  Larry Fitzgerald climbs back up after an AFC Offensive Player of the Week performance, and I'm also regaining confidence in Brandon Lloyd's top-10 potential.  I'm moving Kenny Britt up a bit this week, and I see him potentially being inside the top-20 for the remainder of the season.  We'll see if he blows up this week on the field, within one of his knees, or off the field at a strip club.  Any of those things are very possible, but I'm going out on a limb and saying that Britt will be back.

TEs
1.Jimmy Graham
2.Rob Gronkowski
3.Vernon Davis
4.Tony Gonzalez
5.Martellus Bennett
6.Jermichael Finley
7.Antonio Gates
8.Kyle Rudolph
9.Dennis Pitta
10.Brent Celek
11.Brandon Pettigrew
12.Jason Witten
13.Owen Daniels
14.Jared Cook
15.Jacob Tamme
16.Fred Davis
17.Greg Olsen
18.Jermaine Gresham

Antonio Gates continues to do nothing, and I continue to keep giving him a chance.  Meanwhile, Dennis Pitta is producing on my bench.  It'll be a game-time decision tonight as to whether or not I throw Pitta into the mix instead of Gates.  The experts seem to still like Gates too, which is also frustrating.  Kyle Rudolph looks like he'll be a top-10 mainstay amongst tight ends, but we'll see about Bennett.  I'm leaving him up there for now, but I feel like once Bradshaw and Nicks are back to full strength, they might get more of the touches, and more importantly, touchdowns.

DEF
1.Cardinals
2.Seahawks
3.Ravens
4.Texans
5.Falcons
6.Bears
7.Packers
8.49ers
9.Cowboys
10.Jets
11.Eagles
12.Broncos
13.Giants
14.Dolphins

I was right about the Bears against St. Louis last week, though they were barely edged out for the top spot to the Cardinals.  Thus, Arizona tops my rankings this week (especially since they are at home again, this time against a rookie quarterback and the rest of the Dolphins).  Christian Ponder looked good against the 49ers, which just goes to show you that the safe pick doesn't always pan out.  I'm dropping San Fran down a little going on the road again.  I definitely didn't give the Seahawks enough credit with Green Bay coming into town, but they look like a defense that will be a start every week no matter what.  I like them a lot this week against St. Louis obviously, but also I think they'll stay in the top 5 most weeks throughout the remainder of the season.

The refs are back!  Let's get ready for some football!!!

Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment