Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Week 2 Rankings

It was fifteen minutes til the 1:00 kickoffs last Sunday, and my buddy and I were talking about starting or sitting Adrian Peterson.  I was checking yahoo, twitter, etc. to see what the experts were saying.  Of course they were saying to play it safe and stay away from AP.  But he was now starting the game!  I drafted him in the second round.  I couldn't sit him.  I couldn't imagine the regret of not playing him, and everyone was already assuming he'd get 10-15 touches.  I'll take that with Peterson...all day.  And take it I did.  I also convinced my friend to start him.  Needless to say, we were both very pleased with the results.  However, I still lost my matchup by like 40 or 50 points, so it didn't really matter for me personally.  My defense and WRs didn't show up, and the other guy had production from everywhere.  Hey, that's how it goes.

But it could have mattered for someone else.

I didn't do week one rankings because I was too busy, and I didn't even think about it until Sunday to be honest.  But I'm doing Week 2 rankings by position, and I'll try to update this every week (and maybe my top 200ish)...we'll see.  I'm getting married in a month, so blogging isn't exactly at the top of the priority list (but football is, so I'll try to put blogging at #3 or 4).  The point of my story about starting or sitting AP is this (and I've said it before):  these are my rankings.  If you want to use them, go for it.  If you want to use someone else's, fine.  Ultimately, I think you need to make up your own mind and listen to your gut.  If you have a tiny gut (or no feelings), then use these rankings on Sunday (and Thursday if you have any Packers or Bears playing).  Otherwise, gather information from everywhere possible and ultimately make your own decision.  That's what I did when it came to AP...of course my friend listened to my advice :)

I'm assuming a max 12 team league, so I'm not going to rank 32 QBs.  If you really want to know if you should start or sit Ryan Fitzpatrick or Mark Sanchez, check a real website.  I'm not ranking everyone here.  I'll give you what I think is enough to know who I think you should start or sit, and if it's not then let me know.  I'm also not ranking kickers.  If you want kicker rankings, you should quit fantasy football forever.

QBs
1.Tom Brady
2.Cam Newton
3.Aaron Rodgers
4.Drew Brees
5.Matt Ryan
6.Matthew Stafford
7.RGIII
8.Eli Manning
9.Peyton Manning
10.Jay Cutler
11.Michael Vick
12.Tony Romo
13.Philip Rivers
14.Joe Flacco
15.Carson Palmer
16.Josh Freeman
17.Andrew Luck
18.Big Ben

I'm not ranking any more quarterbacks than that.  Sorry, folks.  Just a comment here.  I can't believe how gutless the experts are with ranking Rodgers as #1.  I realize he's the best QB in the league, but the Bears defense is solid, and in a shortened-week rivalry game, I don't think we're looking at a game in the 30s or 40s for each team.  Maybe I'm wrong but I'd take the under in that game.  I think Aaron will still get a lot of points, but I like Brady to destroy the Cardinals in New England's home opener, and I think Cam Newton will pick apart the Saints D the way RGIII did last week (maybe even more so!).


RBs
1.Arian Foster
2.Ray Rice
3.Darren McFadden
4.Adrian Peterson
5.Matt Forte
6.LeSean McCoy
7.Maurice Jones-Drew
8.Jamaal Charles
9.CJ Spiller
10.Green-Ellis
11.Chris Johnson
12.DeMarco Murray
13.Steven Jackson
14.Stevan Ridley
15.Doug Martin
16.Marshawn Lynch
17.Frank Gore
18.Ahmad Bradshaw
19.Darren Sproles
20.Ryan Mathews (if he plays)
21.Alfred Morris
22.Trent Richardson
23.Donald Brown
24.Willis McGahee
25.Reggie Bush
26.Michael Turner
27.Kevin Smith
28.Shonn Greene
29.Michael Bush
30.Cedric Benson
31.Peyton Hillis
32.Jonathan Dwyer
33.Beanie Wells
34.Ben Tate
35.Ryan Williams
36.Mark Ingram
37.Ronnie Brown (or Curtis Brinkley...if RM doesn't play: I'll be playing neither)
38.DeAngelo Williams
39.Jonathan Stewart
40.Jacquizz Rodgers


I just want to go on record here as saying that Green-Ellis is going to finish the season as a top-10 running back.  I couldn't believe the expert draft pre-rankings with as low as Benjarvis was on all of them.  I realize I had him pretty high, but I also realize how the Bengals use a running back.  I also realize that if you extrapolate his numbers from New England to a full season in Cincy, you get crazy good fantasy numbers.  He looked really good against a tough Ravens defense, and he didn't even get all that many carries in the second half.  I think at home against Cleveland he's going to have 100+ yards and maybe 2 TDs.  I wanted to rank him 6th or 7th, but it's tough this early in the season.  Don't sleep on this guy...

WRs
1.Calvin Johnson
2.Brandon Marshall
3.Larry Fitzgerald
4.Julio Jones
5.Andre Johnson
6.Roddie White
7.Brandon Lloyd
8.AJ Green
9.Victor Cruz
10.Wes Welker
11.Percy Harvin
12.Steve Smith
13.Demaryius Thomas
14.Dez Bryant
15.Torrey Smith
16.Marques Colston
17.Antonio Brown
18.Jordy Nelson
19.Reggie Wayne
20.Jeremy Maclin
21.Miles Austin
22.Hakeem Nicks
23.Pierre Garcon
24.Vincent Jackson
25.Eric Decker
26.Dwayne Bowe
27.Stevie Johnson
28.Mike Wallace
29.Anquan Boldin
30.Lance Moore
31.Malcom Floyd
32.Randall Cobb
33.DeShaun Jackson
34.Darrius Heyward-Bey
35.Titus Young
36.Mike Williams
37.Sidney Rice
38.Alshon Jeffery
39.Brandon LaFell
40.Michael Crabtree
41.Robert Meachem
42.Justin Blackmon
43.Greg Little
44.Danny Amendola
45.Greg Jennings (I'm assuming he's not playing, but keep an eye on him if he does...)

Wow.  One week and people are off the Patriots bandwagon it seems.  I'm all in.  I have Tom Brady as my #1 QB this week, and I'm staying high on Brandon Lloyd and Wes Welker.  Bring it on. 


TEs
1.Jimmy Graham
2.Rob Gronkowski
3.Aaron Hernandez
4.Antonio Gates
5.Vernon Davis
6.Jermichael Finley
7.Jacob Tamme
8.Brandon Pettigrew
9.Jared Cook
10.Fred Davis
11.Tony Gonzalez
12.Coby Fleener
13.Jason Witten
14.Greg Olsen
15.Kyle Rudolph


How many more tight ends do you need ranked?  That's enough.  I hope Gates is a top 5 play this week, but we'll see how serious the rib injury is this week.  Tamme is the biggest riser for me.  I think with a healthy Peyton, he's a top 10 start every week.


DEF
1.Texans
2.Jets
3.Patriots
4.Raiders
5.Bengals
6.Ravens
7.49ers
8.Steelers
9.Seahawks
10.Cowboys
11.Bears
12.Eagles
13.Giants
14.Redskins

I'll end on that note.  Hail to the Redskins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment