Wednesday, December 16, 2020

2020 Fantasy Football Week 15 Rankings

If you survived Week 14 whether it was via a bye or a win, congrats.  I'm going to skip the small talk here in Week 15 and get right into the rankings.  Cool?  Cool.

Hit me up on Twitter with any start/sit questions that can't be answered by the rankings!





QBs
Obvious Start: I doubt I'll get to see any of it live, but my favorite matchup this week just might be the Eagles at Cardinals.  But if you're debating starting Jalen Hurts over Kyler Murray, don't.  Kyler got you here and has a super safe floor to go along with a ceiling of THE #1 fantasy QB.  Hurts had a great debut against a good Saints defense, but it's very possible Arizona watches the film and bottles him up a bit more.  Oh and the Eagles are dealing with some injuries in the secondary. Don't get cute and sit Kyler. You don't want to look at your matchup come Monday morning and see a top-5 fantasy QB on your bench.

Not-So-Obvious Start: Outside of that disappointing Week 12 in Atlanta, Derek Carr has been a top-10 fantasy QB in three of his last four games.  I could see him with 3+ TDs tomorrow night against the Chargers, and this could be a nice start to your semi-final matchup if you're looking for a streamer outside of the top-12 or so QBs.

The Ceiling is the Roof: I was spot on with Matt Ryan here last week, and I could easily talk about him here again.  But let me give you someone else in Cam Newton.  I believed in Cam as recently as Week 12, but that's when he totally fell off a cliff.  He somehow had 3 touchdown passes on 69 passing yards in Week 13, but the volume is so low I just can't do it with him (especially in such a crucial fantasy week).



RBs
Obvious Start: I won't talk about David Montgomery here for the fourth week in a row...though I suppose I kind of just did.  Let me instead make sure you realize that Jonathan Taylor has been the #2 fantasy RB over the last two weeks, and he gets the Texans again (who he lit up in Week 13).  There should be no start/sit questions about Taylor at this point.

Not-So-Obvious Start: It's certainly possible Jared Goff has a nice game against the Jets, but there's also a good shot the Rams just run the ball down New York's throat.  In fact, both could be true.  Either way, I would start Cam Akers in a good matchup after we saw him take control of this backfield last week.

The Ceiling is the Roof: I was wrong in this spot last week with Miles Sanders, but I wasn't alone in being worried in Jalen's first start against what had been an awesome New Orleans defense over the last month or so.  This week, I'm playing it a little safer and telling you to stay away from Todd Gurley.  You were probably doing that anyway, but in case you were desperate at the RB position and looking at his name and thinking he could do anything against the Bucs...well, I disagree.  He hasn't been better than a top-45 fantasy RB since Week 9, and Tampa is good against the run.  No thanks.



WRs
Obvious Start: Remember when I said to start Cam Akers against the Jets this week?  Yeah, start your Rams.  That means Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp too. 

Not-So-Obvious Start: Maybe this actually is obvious by now, but I still feel like people aren't giving Brandon Aiyuk enough respect.  Especially now with Deebo out, Aiyuk should get 9+ targets for the 5th straight game.  Yes, he had some inactive weeks sprinkled in there, but the guy has been awesome when healthy in the second half of the season.  This week he gets Dallas.  He legit could be a top-5 fantasy WR against the Cowboys.

The Ceiling is the Roof: A lot of people continue to rank Antonio Brown as a WR3, but I can't do it.  The matchup in Atlanta is not as good as it was early in the season, and Brown has only been a top-40 fantasy WR once since he joined the Bucs in Week 9.  Not great, Bob.



TEs
Obvious Start: If it's not clear by now, Robert Tonyan is an obvious start at the tight end position.  He has a touchdown in each of his last four games, and I don't see why that streak would stop Saturday night against the Panthers.

Not-So-Obvious Start: I hope Alex Smith can play this week, but I feel like even Dwayne Haskins will be able to get the ball to Logan Thomas 5+ times.  And what happens if Haskins gets hurt in this game?  I feel like Logan is probably the emergency QB and could rack up some second half stats in that unlikely scenario.

The Ceiling is the Roof: Trey Burton has barely been involved in the offense the last couple of weeks, and I don't think he has much of a floor or ceiling.  I can't imagine starting him against Houston this week.



And here are my betting picks for Week 15.  I'm still top-3 on BettingPros with my over/under picks on the year, and I've been making up some ground with my picks ATS in recent weeks.  I hope to finish strong and get in the top-5 in both categories by the end of the regular season, so let's see if I can add onto my numbers with these picks!

No comments:

Post a Comment