Wednesday, November 28, 2018

2018 Fantasy Football Week 13 Rankings

Image result for phillip lindsayFor most leagues, this is the last week before the fantasy playoffs start.  So if you're reading this, you're probably fighting for a playoff spot or at least positioning near the top of your league standings.  Either way, these rankings feel extra important this week, and they're going to be crucial for the next three weeks after that.  Also don't forget to check out my ROS Rankings, which I continue to update HERE (click the link!).

The bye weeks are over, so these rankings are jam packed.  Let's get right to em!



QUARTERBACKS
Last week, I was highest on Baker Mayfield (+5) and lowest on Kirk Cousins (-5).  I was right about Baker, who lit up the hapless Bengal defense for 4 TDs and finished as the #1 fantasy QB in Week 12.  But I was wrong about Cousins, who had yet another big game against Green Bay and finished as the #3 fantasy QB.

Image result for tannehillThis week, I'm pretty high on Case Keenum (+7), and I actually like him as a top-15 QB ROS as well.  He has amazing matchups the next four weeks (Bengals, Niners, Browns, and Raiders).  If you've been streaming the QB position, this is a guy worth a look this week and beyond.  If Baker Mayfield could be the #1 fantasy QB last week against Cincy, I don't see why Keenum couldn't easily be in the top-15.  I'm down on Ryan Tannehill this week (-5), who is facing a Buffalo defense that gives up the fewest fantasy points to opposing QBs this season.  I realize he had a couple of TDs against the Colts last week, but have you forgotten about his last couple of games before his injury earlier this year?  He can be downright terrible at times, and I wouldn't trust him in this crucial week of the fantasy season.  I feel like his absolute ceiling is 20 fantasy points, and it's way more likely that he ends up with like 7 or 8 fantasy points against the Bills.

RUNNING BACKS
I was really high on Josh Adams when I released my rankings on Wednesday last week (+10), but that turned into just +4 on Sunday because there were late reports that the Eagles were going to give him more work.  Yeah, like I said on Wednesday.  Anyway, he was clearly the feature back against a porous Giant defense, and he finished as a top-12 fantasy RB.  I was also high on Chris Carson (+7), who I had as a top-20 RB.  He continues to get a ton of work, and he found the endzone against the Panthers.  He finished right about where I ranked him, which was just inside the top-20.

I was really low on LeGarrette Blount though (-16), and that didn't work out on Thanksgiving day like I thought it would.  Of course he scored twice against a Bears defense that had only given up 2 rushing touchdowns all year (best in the league).  Whatever.  Sometimes things don't work out the way you think they will.  I was also down on Dalvin Cook (-10), but this dude is BACK.  And wouldn't you know it?  It's just in time because I get to face him in my money league this week.  I also get to face Eric Ebron, who is on a tear and now doesn't have to share targets with Jack Doyle.  I'm already in the playoffs in that league, but I sure would like a bye week.  That's what I'm playing for here in Week 13, and that playoff bye week is going to be tough to get.

Image result for jordan howard bearsSpeaking of this week, as of right now I'm highest on Jordan Howard (+9) and Chris Thompson (+13).  A lot can change as the week goes on, but as of right now it looks like Thompson could suit up against the Eagles on Monday Night Football.  Adrian Peterson has predictably slowed down in the second half of the season, and I fully expect the Redskins to be playing from behind in this game.  That game script could mean extra work for Chris Thompson (of course assuming he's healthy and plays 15-20ish offensive snaps).  As for Howard, this one takes a leap of faith because he's been pretty bad lately and I have him ranked inside my top-25 this week.  Howard's snap count has actually increased the last couple of weeks, and he faces a Giant defense that has been giving up a TON of fantasy points every week since they traded away Snacks Harrison.  I'm expecting Chase Daniel to play again this week, and I think he'll hand the ball off a lot to Jordan Howard.

Since I'm high on Chris Thompson, I'm also down on Adrian Peterson (-10) for the reasons I mentioned above.  I'm also pretty low on Dion Lewis (-8) and James White (-8).  Lewis has less than 7 fantasy points in each of the last 3 weeks.  He has a better matchup this week against the Jets, but I still feel more comfortable ranking him as a FLEX rather than an RB2.  As for White, he has less than 8 fantasy points in each of his last two games.  Those last two games were also Sony Michel's first two games back from a two week absence due to injury.  It's clear the Patriots are going to give Michel the ball plenty, and to make matters worse for White, it looks like Rex Burkhead could also return from the IR this week against the Vikings.  We're likely back to a three-headed monster at RB in New England, witch Michel leading the way by a long shot as long as he's healthy.  James White could certainly have a good game or two down the stretch, but that's going to be tough to predict.  I'll be ranking him more as a FLEX rather than an RB2 because of that.



WIDE RECEIVERS
If you looked at my top-40 WRs last week, I was highest on Dontrelle Inman (+25) and John Ross (+19).  Inman has emerged as the #2 WR in Indy, but Luck mainly focused on TY and his tight ends against Miami.  I thought Inman would finish in the top-40, but he actually ended up with just 40 yards receiving and was outside of the top-50.  He has a nice floor but hasn't shown a ton of upside just yet.  Still, I'm going to continue to rank him fairly highly, especially with Jack Doyle now out for the year.  As for Ross, he found the endzone in his third straight week after getting healthy over his bye week.  I said he would finish in the top-30 against Cleveland, and he did just that.  I wasn't down on a ton of receivers near the top of my rankings last week, so let's get into who I like (and don't like) this week versus the ECR.

If you look inside my top-25 I'm high on Denver's WRs: Sanders (+6) & Sutton (+4).  I already mentioned how I like Keenum against the Bengals, so I also like his receiving options.  Sticking in my top-25, I'm slightly high on Larry Fitzgerald (+5) and Josh Reynolds (+5).  The volume hasn't always been there, but Fitzgerald has scored 9 or more fantasy points in 4 of his last 5 games.  He also faces a Green Bay defense that gives up the 3rd most fantasy points to WRs and just gave up a ton of points to Thielen and Diggs last week.  As for Josh Reynolds, take a look at his last four games:
Week 8
GB(no Cooper Kupp)16 fantasy points
3 catches42 yards2 TDs
Week 9
@NO(healthy Cooper Kupp)0 fantasy points
---
Week 10
Sea(healthy Cooper Kupp)0 fantasy points
---
Week 11
KC(no Cooper Kupp)14 fantasy points
6 catches80 yards1 TD

Image result for josh doctsonSo yeah, he's been producing in that Cooper Kupp role.  I fully expect him to be a top-25 WR this week one way or another.  I'm also super high on Josh Doctson (+19).  He had 10 targets last week in Dallas, and Colt McCoy should throw the ball his way a lot on Monday night against a terrible Eagle secondary.  Right now the ECR has him outside of the top-50, but I think he could be a decent FLEX play this week.  I'm down on T.Y. Hilton (-9) who I have well outside of my top-20 WRs.  He's been mostly great when healthy this year, but he didn't have a great game against the Jags just a couple of weeks ago (3 catches for 77 yards and no touchdown).  I think he'll have a similar stat line this week, and he could even get shut down more than that.  It's possible Jalen Ramsey misses this game, but that just means Bouye will likely shadow T.Y.  I'd consider a different option at WR if I had one.


TIGHT ENDS
If you looked at my top-15 in Week 12, I was high on Jonnu Smith and Nick Vannett (+5 on each). Jonnu had been a top-10 TE in his last three games and had scored in two of them.  He had a big play on MNF and ended up in the top-5!  As for Vannett, he wasn't even a top-25 TE and now has just 2 targets in each of his last 3 games.  I was down on Kyle Rudolph (-6), and he was a top-25 TE midway through the first HALF!  Well, he did pretty much nothing in the second half and barely ended up in the top-20.  He's been a frustrating tight end this season after such a good year in 2017.  I'll continue to rank him around 15th or so for the rest of the season.

Image result for jonnu smith titans
This week, I'm still high on Jonnu Smith (+6).  He's been a top-5 TE the last 4 weeks, so why shouldn't I be ranking him in my top-12?!?  I'm down on Austin Hooper (-7), and I really don't trust anyone outside of my top-15 TEs.  Hooper has less than 5 fantasy points in four of his last five games, and I don't see how you can start him against a tough Ravens defense.
DEFENSES
In Week 12, I was high on the Saints defense for a second week in a row (+7), and I'm actually high on them again this week (+7)!   Last week's game against Atlanta was expected to be high scoring, but I said it would be that way because of the Saints and not so much the Falcons.  I didn't even have them ranked that highly (16th), but I was still way higher than the experts on them.  They actually finished as the #2 fantasy defense in Week 12, and I don't see why you should rank them outside of the top-12 tomorrow night against the Cowboys.  This defense is on a roll, and I think they're startable every week.

Image result for jacksonville buffaloI was also high on the Lions last week (+6), and I had them ranked 12th (right where they finished).  I was wrong about the Broncos though (-5), as they surprised me against the Steelers and finished as a top-5 unit.  So while I continue to be high on the Saints, I also continue to be down on the Jags versus the ECR (-8).  They just played the Colts in Week 10, and the defense was one of the worst options in that week.  Why would this week be any different?  If anything, I think it could be worse with Fournette out and Cody Kessler starting at quarterback.  I don't see this offense doing much in Week 13, and I think that'll cause the defense to be on the field more against a good offense led by Andrew Luck (who now has 3+ passing TDs in 8 straight games!).

Good luck to everyone in Week 13!  
(Except you, Terry...)


Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment