Wednesday, October 10, 2018

2018 Fantasy Football Week 6 Rankings

Related imageEvery team in the NFC East lost in Week 5, but that's actually impossible this week.  The Eagles and Giants play tomorrow night, and they can't BOTH lose.  Sure, they could tie (that would be awesome), but I don't think that'll happen.  In fact, I think the Eagles get back on track and destroy the G-Men.  We'll find out soon enough.

Still only two teams on a bye this week, but the 4-team byes are coming in Week 7.  It's about to get real.  Let's do the rankings!

BYES: Lions & Saints



QUARTERBACKS
Last week I was actually high on Josh Rosen (+6), but I did leave a caveat saying I wasn't suggesting you start him outside of maybe a 2 QB league.  I had him as my #22 fantasy quarterback, and he finished at #26...so move along.  Nothing to see here.

I wasn't really down on anyone very much, but I was 4 spots lower on Drew Brees versus the ECR.  Oopsie whoopsies!  My Redskins were coming off a bye, and I thought they would do better in this game.  Brees was a top-3 QB, so I was wrong wrong wrong with my QB picks in Week 5.

Let's see if I can do better here in Week 6.  I'm high on Carson Wentz (+5 vs ECR), as I think he'll be a top-10 fantasy QB tomorrow night.  With Ajayi out for the year, I think Philly will throw the ball a little bit more.  Wentz has thrown for over 300 yards and had a pair of touchdowns in each of his last two games, and those were against the Titans and Vikings.  This Giant defense scares me less than both of those other teams.  I'm also high on Sam Darnold (+5) who I think could finish in the top-20 against a weak Indy defense.

Image result for ryan tannehill interception gifI'm down on Ryan Tannehill this week (-5 vs ECR) because he's facing the Bears.  Chicago is coming off their bye and is one of the best defenses in the league.  I feel like the Dolphins will struggle to get 200 yards of total offense in this game.  I could be wrong here, but I don't see why you'd bet on Tannehill this week.


RUNNING BACKS
I was super high on Robert Turbin for his first game back from suspension (+20), but he got zero playing time, so the ECR was right.  I was also fairly high on Phillip Lindsay who continues to lead the committee for Denver.  He didn't quite finish as an RB2 in Week 5, but I'll continue to rank him that way moving forward.  I was high on Alfred Blue (+13) and Chris Carson (+16), and both finished in the top-25 about where I ranked them.

I was down on Mark Ingram (-8) because I wanted to see him prove what he could do in this offense rather than just assume he'd have the same role he had last year.  Well, he found the endzone twice and finished as a top-5 RB, so I'd say he's back.  I've lowered Kamara slightly in my ROS rankings, but I'll continue to rank both in my top-12 in my weekly rankings (after the Saints come back from their bye week). I was also down on Derrick Henry (-8) at Buffalo, and he continued to finish outside of the top-40 RBs.  He still hasn't broken the 6 fantasy point barrier through 5 weeks.

Image result for derrick henryI'm staying down on Derrick Henry this week (-8), and he might be outside of my top-50 next week if he continues to stink it up.  I'm high on a guy on my roster in my money league: Marlon Mack (+24).  I'm not starting him in Week 6, but I do think he could get the majority of touches against the Jets.  His head coach hinted that he would be the lead back when he returned, and I think it'll be this week.  With T.Y. Hilton and Jack Doyle likely still out, Mack could be in line for a lot of work.



WIDE RECEIVERS
I was really high on Will Fuller when I posted my rankings last week (+14), but that only turned into a +3 difference versus the ECR by Sunday, so I'll just say I was wrong like the ECR with that pick. I was super high on Marquez Valdes-Scantling (+22 on Thursday, +12 on Sunday).  His head coach hinted earlier in the week that his role would expand with Cobb likely out and Geronimo 50/50 to play.  With BOTH out on Sunday, I guess the rest of the ECR also figured out that Marquez had potential for a big game (he finished as a top-20 WR).  Near the top of my rankings, I was down on Odell Beckham, Jr. (-6), so naturally he not only caught his first TD this year but he also threw one to Saquon!  Whatever.  The Giants lost, so I'm at least happy about that.  I guess I'll get OBJ back in my top-10 WRs...

Image result for doug baldwinIf you look near the top of my rankings this week, I'm high on Cooper Kupp (+10 vs ECR).  This is just a guess at this point, but I think he starts and Brandin Cooks misses this week due to his concussion.  Even if Cooks does play, I don't see why both guys AND Bob Woods couldn't all be top-15 WRs.  If you go lower in my rankings, you'll see I'm staying high on Marquez Valdes-Scantling (+26).  I'm assuming Cobb will still be out, and Marquez will continue to be involved in their offenses and is worth FLEX consideration.  I'm staying down on Doug Balwin (-15) until he proves he's healthy.  The ECR currently has him ranked #27, but I don't see how you can get him in your lineup right now based on his lack of production.


TIGHT ENDS
Image result for niles paul jaguarsI stayed high on Geoff Swaim in Week 5, but my +7 versus the ECR turned to only +3 on Sunday.  Still, he finished as a top-15 TE, and if you can get five or more points from that position, you're doing OK right now.  I was also high on C.J. Uzomah, but my Thursday +7 turned into a +2 on Sunday versus the ECR.  He finished right behind Swaim as the #16 TE in Week 5, and I think he'll be a much better option than Kroft the rest of the season.  If you're struggling at the tight end position, both of these guys could be decent waiver pickups.

This week, I'm high on Niles Paul (+9) and down on Antonio Gates (-7).  Paul was heavily involved in the Jag offense when ASJ went down last week, so I expect him to be a top-20 tight end.  As for Gates, I'm having a hard time trusting him as a top-20 guy.  I feel like he's more likely to have 2 catches for 20 yards than, well, anything more than that really.
DEFENSES
I missed on one of my defense picks versus the ECR for the first time.  I was high enough on the Packers to make them borderline startable (15th, 4 spots higher than the ECR).  That wasn't a good call because they gave up a ton of points to the Lions and were not a good defense in Week 5.  I was down on the Cowboys (-7) because I believed in my boy Deshaun Watson lighting them up at home on Sunday night.  While he didn't exactly light them up, the Texans got the win and the Cowboys barely finished in the top-20 fantasy defenses (right about where I ranked them and NOT where the ECR ranked them, which was 10th).

Image result for browns defenseI feel like I'm splitting hairs with my defense picks lately, as my rankings are getting closer and closer to the ECR as the season progresses.  I'm still not feeling super confident about the Cowboys though (-5 vs ECR), but the experts are still ranking them in their top-12.  I know Bortles is prone to pick sixes, but I think the Jags will roll in this game, and I wouldn't feel good about starting Dallas this week.  I'm kind of high on the Browns and Chargers who are playing each other this week (+5 vs the ECR on each of them).  I have a feeling this game will stay low scoring, and I think both defenses could be solid.


Good luck to everyone in Week 6!  
(Except you, David...)

Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment