Thursday, September 8, 2016

Real Football Predictions for 2016

Every year I like to take a few minutes to look through the entire NFL schedule and predict the winner of every game.  Seems simple enough, right? 

Let's take a look at my simulation for 2016...




AFC East
AFC North
AFC South
AFC West
NE 11-5 CIN 10-6 HOU 8-8 KC 11-5
BUF 9-7 PIT 9-7 IND 8-8 DEN 9-7
NYJ 9-7 BAL 7-9 JAX 8-8 OAK 8-8
MIA 7-9 CLE 6-10 TEN 4-12 SD 6-10








NFC East
NFC North
NFC South
NFC West
WAS 7-9 GB 11-5 CAR 12-4 ARI 12-4
NYG 7-9 MIN 8-8 NO 8-8 SEA 12-4
DAL 7-9 DET 8-8 ATL 7-9 LA 5-11
PHI 7-9 CHI 5-11 TB 6-11 SF 4-12















Here is some commentary on my predicted standings:





AFC East: With Tom Brady missing the first 4 games, I could even see the Patriots at 10-6.  But I still think they'll take the division.  The Jets and Bills should each be in position to battle for a Wild Card spot.





AFC North: I think the Bengals have all of the tools on offense and defense to win this division again, and the Steelers will be in the Wild Card mix.  With Flacco coming off a torn ACL and still having very little in the receiving department, I don't see the Ravens making the playoffs.  (Sorry, honey.)

AFC South: This division could be wide open at the end if three teams are right near .500 like I have it predicted above.  I'll give the edge to Houston again, as the addition of Lamar Miller and their defense should tip the scales.

Image result for alex smith chiefsAFC West: I see Kansas City taking the division with the Super Bowl champs actually missing the playoffs!  Everyone is talking about Oakland, but I still see them as a year away from making a serious playoff push.

NFC East: I think this division will struggle this year, and someone will win it with a 7-9 record.  OK, maybe 8-8.  But I don't see that team being Philly or Dallas.  I'll pick my Redskins to win it again with the division record tiebreaker over the G-Men.

NFC North: With Teddy Bridgewater lost for the season, I just can't see the Vikings making the playoffs.  Assuming Green Bay stays relatively healthy, I don't think they'll lose this division.

NFC South: Carolina was kind of a surprise last year the way they dominated the league, and I think they'll keep it rolling in 2016.  But I also like the Saints to sneak into the playoffs with an 8-8 record.

NFC West: The Cardinals and Seahawks should both have solid seasons, but I'll pick Arizona to win the division and Seattle to get the top Wild Card spot.










So here's what I'm predicting for 2016:

AFC East: New England Patriots
AFC North: Cincinnati Bengals
AFC South: Houston Texans
AFC West: Kansas City Chiefs
AFC Wild Card1: Buffalo Bills
AFC Wild Card2: Pittsburgh Steelers
[Patriots over Chiefs in AFC Championship Game]

NFC East:Washington Redskins
NFC North: Green Bay Packers
NFC South: Carolina Panthers
NFC West: Arizona Cardinals 
NFC Wild Card1: Seattle Seahawks
NFC Wild Card2: New Orleans Saints
[Cardinals over Packers in NFC Championship Game]

Super Bowl Prediction: Cardinals over Patriots

Image result for cardinals defense
Cheers,
Bart


























No comments:

Post a Comment