Sunday, August 9, 2015

2015 Fantasy Football Rankings v3.0

You may or may not have noticed, but I'm definitely slacking a bit this year (I'm just going to blame it on the new job).  By this time in 2014 I was publishing my third preseason article, but I haven't even gotten out my first one this year.  And after looking at all of the different articles I did last year, I quickly realized that's not going to happen in 2015.  So I'm not going to do separate articles for "Guys I'll Let Someone Else Draft", "Guys Ready For the Next Level", "Who is this year's Zac Stacy?", etc.  Instead, I'll just give you one big article that I've compiled over the last month or so.  It'll be kind of a mixture of all of those things, but I'm not going super in-depth on each individual guy.  But have no fear.  I plan to continue to do weekly rankings once the season starts.  I don't intend to slack there.  I guess we'll see how it goes though.

So look for that in the next couple of weeks, but for now I thought I might as well version up the old rankings and give you a few things to think about as training camps are now underway.  As position battles unfold, this list is going to change...and change...and change some more.  I'm not sure how many more versions I'll give you before Labor Day, but there will at least be one more (AT LEAST!).  We haven't even seen the first episode of Hard Knocks yet, but there's already drama in Houston with the news of Arian Foster's groin.  I wonder if he'll tweet out a picture of the MRI...

Anyway, enjoy the latest version of the rankings and feel free to comment on all of my mistakes below.

Cheers,
Bart

1. Eddie Lacy
2. Jamaal Charles
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Marshawn Lynch 
5. Le'Veon Bell
6. Rob Gronkowski
7. Antonio Brown: Foster's injury reminds me of the fragility of the RB. Moving up these 3 WRs.
8. Demaryius Thomas
9. Dez Bryant
10. Jeremy Hill:...and the RBs with the least tread on the tires move up a bit too (Hill & CJ).
11. CJ Anderson
12. Aaron Rodgers: Also moving who I see as the clear top-2 QBs near the 1st round. 
13. Andrew Luck
14. DeMarco Murray
15. Matt Forte
16. LeSean McCoy
17. Jordy Nelson
18. Odell Beckham, Jr.
19. Julio Jones
20. Calvin Johnson: Moved Megatron to the bottom of this stacked WR tier.
21. Justin Forsett
22. Lamar Miller
23. Mark Ingram
24. AJ Green
25. Randall Cobb
26. Alshon Jeffery
27. Alfred Morris
28. Frank Gore
29. Melvin Gordon
30. Mike Evans  
31. TY Hilton
32. DeAndre Hopkins
33. Kelvin Benjamin
34. Emmanuel Sanders: Moved Sanders down, but just to the bottom of this WR tier.
35. Russell Wilson
36. Jonathan Stewart
37. Latavius Murray 
38. Carlos Hyde: I think I was a bit high on Hyde. Moved him down a RB tier.
39. Joseph Randle: Looking like the starter in Big D.  Have to move him up behind that O-line.
40. Andre Ellington
41. Peyton Manning: Moved these two old QBs down a few spots. Might keep dropping them...
42. Drew Brees
43. Jordan Matthews
44. Brandin Cooks
45. Jimmy Graham: He keeps falling down my list. Just don't trust him now in Seattle's offense.
46. Travis Kelce: And I'm moving these two TEs up to this tier with Jimmy!
47. Greg Olsen
48. Andre Johnson: Up slightly. He and Gore both climbing with move to Indy. 
49. Julian Edelman
50. Keenan Allen
51. Brandon Marshall  
52. T.J. Yeldon: These two rookie RBs fell a few spots for me.
53. Todd Gurley 
54. DeSean Jackson 
55. Sammy Watkins
56. Jeremy Maclin
57. Amari Cooper: Will probably go WAY higher than this anyway, but I moved him up slightly.
58. CJ Spiller
59. Joique Bell
60. LeGarrette Blount
61. Ben Roethlisberger: As much as I don't like to do this, I'm moving him to the top of this QB tier.
62. Cam Newton 
63. Matt Ryan
64. Martellus Bennett 
65. Jarvis Landry: With Mike Wallace out of the picture, Landry could make a big leap this year.
66. Martavis Bryant
67. Allen Robinson: Has looked like a freak so far this year. Moved him into this WR tier. 
68. Rashad Jennings: Moved him and Martin to the top of this tier and the rookies down in it. 
69. Doug Martin
70. Giovani Bernard
71. Isaiah Crowell
72. Alfred Blue: With the Foster news, this is about as high as I'll go with Blue...for now. 
73. Tevin Coleman
74. Ameer Abdullah
75. Golden Tate: Didn't do much last year when Megatron was healthy.  Had to drop him.
76. Steve Smith
77. Vincent Jackson
78. Roddy White: Injury concerns have Roddy falling down my rankings.
79. Eric Decker
80. Chris Ivory: These 3 RBs moved up a bit and created this mini-tier. 
81. Bishop Sankey
82. Ryan Mathews
83. Tony Romo: This QB tier is up a few spots for me too.
84. Eli Manning
85. Ryan Tannehill 
86. Tom Brady: This is assuming he actually misses 4 games (down to this QB tier).
87. Tre Mason
88. Devonta Freeman 
89. Zach Ertz: Just like last year, he keeps climbing my preseason rankings... 
90. Nelson Agholor: Getting first team reps and another Eagle moving up the list.
91. Charles Johnson
92. Brandon LaFell
93. Anquan Boldin: I moved the old timer up into this WR tier.
94. Mike Wallace
95. Torrey Smith
96. Michael Floyd: A preseason injury could keep him out until the start of the regular season.
97. David Cobb
98. Charles Sims
99. Duke Johnson: Moved Duke, Shane, Reggie, and Danny up to this RB tier.
100. Shane Vereen
101. Reggie Bush
102. Danny Woodhead
103. Larry Fitzgerald
104. Kevin White: I added Eddie Royal to my watch list and White down a bit (for now...). 
105. Terrance Williams
106. Breshad Perriman
107. Kenny Stills
108. Fred Jackson: Moved these two old guys down a little bit.
109. Darren McFadden
110. Denard Robinson: And Denard up to this tier with them. 
111. Julius Thomas: Take away all of those TDs from Peyton, and what are you left with...?
112. Jordan Cameron
113. Delanie Walker 
114. Jason Witten: I had a little too much Dallas hate going for Witten (moved him up).
115. Tyler Eifert: With Gresham gone, I had to get Eifert into my top-168!
116. Dwayne Allen
117. Pierre Garcon: Moved a couple of these veteran WRs up slightly.
118. Victor Cruz
119. Doug Baldwin  
120. DeAngelo Williams  
121. Chris Polk: With Foster out a while, Polk could be heavily in the mix in Houston as well. 
122. Knile Davis  
123. Arian Foster: He's injured...not dead.
124. Matthew Stafford: After the top-12 QBs, I just don't have much faith (moving a couple down).
125. Philip Rivers
126. Teddy Bridgewater
127. Marques Colston: Brandon Coleman could emerge, but for now I have to rank Colston.
128. Kendall Wright
129. John Brown
130. Michael Crabtree: Apparently looking good at Raiders camp.
131. Brian Quick
132. Dwayne Bowe
133. Kyle Rudolph
134. Owen Daniels: There's too much talk in Denver about using multiple TEs, so he fell to this tier.
135. Josh Hill: The hype is fading. Hill falls near the bottom of this last TE tier.  
136. Ladarius Green: With Gates out for 4 games, moved him to my top-168.
137. Roy Helu: Should be the 3rd down back for Oakland and can spell Murray in any situation.
138. Andre Williams: Could be in the mix for the G-men, but not sure how much.
139. David Johnson
140. Matt Jones
141. Carson Palmer
142. Sam Bradford
143. Colin Kaepernick
144. Andy Dalton: Keep in mind, this dude was a top-5 fantasy QB just a couple of years ago. 
145. Seahawks DEFENSE
146. Texans DEFENSE
147. Bills DEFENSE    
148. Rams DEFENSE  
149. Cardinals DEFENSE   
150. Dolphins DEFENSE: A nice early-season schedule has me moving them up a bit.
151. Browns DEFENSE: Start with the Jets, Titans, and Raiders.  Not bad for early streaming D...
152. Broncos DEFENSE
153. Packers DEFENSE: Moved them into the rankings too, moving out Ravens/Jets/Eagles.
154. Patriots DEFENSE: Down a couple of spots. I really hate that Week 4 bye.
155. Panthers DEFENSE
156. Colts DEFENSE: Sure you might waive them Week 5 or 6, but they have early cupcakes.
157. Steven Hauschka
158. Justin Tucker
159. Cody Parkey
160. Adam Vinatieri
161. Mason Crosby
162. Connor Barth
163. Matt Bryant
164. Dan Carpenter
165. Shaun Suisham 
166. Dan Bailey
167. Blair Walsh
168. Randy Bullock

...and a few more players to consider at each position

QBs
Jay Cutler: Might struggle with another new system, and I don't like him anyway, sooooo...
Joe Flacco: I also dropped Joe out of the top-168. Unsure about his receivers this year.
Jameis Winston
Derek Carr
Robert Griffin, III
Marcus Mariota

RBs
Lorenzo Taliaferro
Montee Ball
Terrance West
Jay Ajayi
Branden Oliver
Donald Brown
James Starks
Jerick McKinnon
Dan Herron
Theo Riddick
Travaris Cadet
Khiry Robinson
Stevan Ridley
Zac Stacy
Jonas Gray
Darren Sproles: With Mathews now in Philly, I'm not sure there's room for Sproles in fantasy.
Cameron Artis-Payne: Do you trust Jonathan Stewart to stay healthy for a full season...?
James White: Also added him to watch list because you never know in New England!
Javorius Allen: I guess Taliaferro will be the backup, but maybe Allen overtakes him in camp.

WRs
Percy Harvin: I'll keep an eye on Percy, but I can't keep him in my top-168 for now.
Brandon Coleman: Added to the watch list (turning heads in training camp).
Markus Wheaton: Added as well (mostly because Big Ben hyping him up).
Stevie Johnson or Malcom Floyd: One of them is going to catch passes this season, right?
Rueben Randle: With Cruz coming off a horrible injury, need to have Randle on the radar.
Eddie Royal: Added to the watch list too.  Not exciting, but could be a solid, deep sleeper.
Jaelen Strong: Moved him down to watch list. Still a wait and see approach on the Houston #2 WR.
Marvin Jones
Kenny Britt
Marqise Lee
Cody Latimer
Davante Adams
Donte Moncrief
Cecil Shorts
Devin Funchess
Dorial Green-Beckham
Tyler Lockett
Darren Waller
DeVante Parker

TEs
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins: I put Eifert into my rankings and ASJ down to the watch list.
Larry Donnell
Coby Fleener
Heath Miller
Eric Ebron
Antonio Gates: With the 4-game suspension, I couldn't keep Gates in my top-168.





No comments:

Post a Comment