Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Week 11 Rankings

I know if you're reading this, you really only care about your own fantasy team.  But I'm excited, dammit!  I got a W last week, and now I'm in 10th place at 4-6.  I'm going to need to string together 3 more in order to be in the playoff hunt, and (cliche alert) I'm going to take them one week at a time.  I was hoping to get these out again before the likes of espn and yahoo, but it was not to be this time.  Oh well.  It actually gives me a basis for comparison in the notes after each position.  Let's get right into those Week 11 rankings!

QBs
1.Aaron Rodgers
2.Drew Brees
3.Tom Brady
4.Peyton Manning
5.Matthew Stafford
6.RGIII
7.Matt Ryan
8.Carson Palmer
9.Andrew Luck
10.Cam Newton
11.Andy Dalton
12.Ryan Fitzpatrick
13.Tony Romo
14.Josh Freeman
15.Matt Schaub
16.Philip Rivers
17.Joe Flacco
18.Nick Foles
19.Sam Bradford
20.Brandon Weeden

I had Vick ranked pretty highly for the second week in a row, and now he was also starting for my fantasy team.  He actually looked pretty good until he got knocked out of the game with a concussion (*sigh*).  Now I'm looking to make a last minute trade at the deadline because his future looks about as fuzzy as his vision probably does right now.  I didn't have a lot of surprises in my Week 10 rankings, but I had Luck and Rivers both pretty high, with Rivers higher than all of the experts.  I thought Luck would have over 300 yards and a pair of touchdowns, and I got half of that right with the scores (although they came on the ground...I'm sure that didn't matter to fantasy owners of the rookie).  As for Rivers, he finished as the #6 QB for the week, and yes, I just just patted myself on the back for that one.  

This week I'm ranking Carson Palmer in my top 10.  It's tough to put him ahead of guys like Ryan and Stafford right now, but I could see Palmer finishing as a top 5 QB this week against that Saints defense.  I just don't have the stones to rank him that highly.  It looks like the experts rank him about where I have as well.  Another guy I'm high on this week is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I've had him ranked higher than the experts several other weeks, and I'm pretty sure I've been right each time.  I still can't understand why no one wants to rank him highly, especially this week against the Dolphins.  If not now, when?  P.S. I love ranking him ahead of Romo.  It feels so right.  And while I have Fitzpatrick only slightly higher than most experts, I do have him above Romo (which others do not).  I'll take that bet!

A couple more notes on my QB rankings:
1. I shortened the list down to 20.  At this point, if you're trying to determine whether you should start Mark Sanchez or any QB for the Cardinals or 49ers, you should just give up on your season right now.  

2. As of this writing, it looks like Big Ben is out against the Ravens, so I'm not including him (or Leftwich) in my rankings.  This will also affect my rankings of other position players for the Steelers.


RBs
1.Arian Foster
2.Ray Rice
3.LeSean McCoy
4.CJ Spiller
5.Trent Richardson
6.Stevan Ridley
7.Doug Martin
8.Jamaal Charles
9.Alfred Morris
10.Steven Jackson
11.Reggie Bush
12.Matt Forte
13.Michael Turner
14.Marcel Reece
15.Felix Jones
16.Shonn Greene
17.Benjarvis Green-Ellis
18.Ryan Mathews
19.Frank Gore
20.Willis McGahee
21.Mikel LeShoure
22.Darren Sproles
23.Larod Stephens-Howling
24.Donald Brown
25.Rashad Jennings
26.Jonathan Dwyer
27.James Starks
28.Daniel Thomas
29.Mark Ingram
30.Jonathan Stewart
31.Danny Woodhead
32.Daryl Richardson
33.Vick Ballard
34.Ronnie Brown
35.Jacquizz Rodgers
36.Kendall Hunter
37.Peyton Hillis
38.Alex Green
39.Joique Bell
40.Isaac Redman

Chris Johnson continued to do his best AP impression last week, and it looks like the only thing that is stopping those two right now is their bye weeks.  I mentioned last week that San Diego does pretty well against the run, so don't go crazy on moving Doug Martin way up just yet.  He finished 16th among RBs in my league (way to overreact, experts).  I will say that I am moving him up this week since he's playing against a much more generous (though not terrible) Panthers defense, but I'm still not going with the experts who have Douggie around #2 or 3.  I'm not ready to do that just yet.


I didn't get everything right last week though.  I did bump up LeShoure (and he didn't do much), and I lowered Fred Jackson quite a bit, and he had his best week of the season (I'm keeping him down on my list though because I think it's a fluke...and because he's not playing this week).  I did get a couple more right though.  I was really high on Steven Ridley, who finished inside the top-10, and I suggested Marcel Reece would be the safe play to replace the injured McFadden against Baltimore.  He didn't find paydirt, but he did finish inside the top-20 RBs with over 100 all purpose yards, so if you were scrambling for a bye week fill-in, Reece was definitely serviceable.

I'm going to continue to stay on the Marcel Reece train, especially this week against that Saints defense that'll probably give up about 34-38 points to the Raiders.  I think he'll have another 100+ total yard game, and I think he'll also find the endzone this week.  I might be ranking him a little high, but that's what I'm projecting so I'm sticking to it.  I'm also staying with the hot hand of Steven Jackson.  He had a solid game against a tough Niners D, and this week he gets the Jets at home.  I like him as a top-10 guy this week.  I'm dropping Willis McGahee because the Chargers have a good run defense and Manning lit them up the first time around.  I'm thinking it'll be more of the same.  Frank Gore also drops this week as he faces the Bears defense which will be focusing on the run as they go against a backup QB.  I have him much lower than the experts do this week.  I understand not getting cute and going with the sure thing sometimes in fantasy, but if I'm a Frank Gore owner, I'm worried against the Bears this week.

I'm really going to miss Peterson on his bye.  Hopefully my other guys can get me through to Week 12...


WRs
1.Calvin Johnson
2.Demaryius Thomas
3.AJ Green
4.Denarius Moore 
5.Andre Johnson
6.Reggie Wayne
7.Julio Jones
8.Wes Welker
9.Roddie White
10.Jordy Nelson
11.Marques Colston
12.Eric Decker
13.Larry Fitzgerald
14.Brandon Marshall
15.Miles Austin
16.Steve Smith
17.Vincent Jackson
18.Steve Johnson
19.Randall Cobb
20.Dez Bryant
21.Danny Amendola
22.Brian Hartline
23.DeShaun Jackson
24.Mike Wallace
25.Torrey Smith 
26.James Jones
27.Dwayne Bowe
28.Lance Moore
29.Mike Williams
30.Brandon Lloyd
31.Malcom Floyd
32.Darius Heyward-Bey
33.Jeremy Maclin
34.Titus Young
35.Cecil Shorts
36.Josh Morgan
37.Michael Crabtree
38.Anquan Boldin
39.Jeremy Kerley
40.Donnie Avery
41.Andre Roberts
42.Santana Moss

I put AJ back at the top spot last week, and Megatron blew up against the Vikings.  I'm fine with that, as it was on my fantasy team, and Green still had a top-10 week.  I'm putting Johnson back at the top spot this week, and I'm going to need him to deliver.  I ranked Vincent Jackson back down where I thought he belonged for Week 10, and he finished with a mere 59 yards.  I was big on Reggie Wayne and Wes Welker (and to a lesser extent Steve Johnson), and while all had solid games, none were anywhere close to where I ranked them.  Then again, as I look at the top WRs for Week 10, it is a weird group.  I mean, who had two Seattle WRs in their top-5?  Exactly.

This week I like Denarius Moore as a top-5 play.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but it looks like I'm all-in on the Raiders in Week 11.  They could make me look really good or really silly.  I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I think it'll be the Saints D that looks silly.  I'm also moving Heyward-Bey up my a bit.  Assuming Jordy is healthy, I have him back in my top-10.  I also have Andre3000 ranked higher than I've had him all season I think.  We'll see if that's the kiss of death or not, but I really think he'll blow up against the 1-8 Jags.  The experts don't agree with me on this one, but Johnson has seen double-digit target in each of his last four games.  In Week 2 against Jacksonville, he only saw 4 targets.  Maybe that's due to good coverage (which he may see again this week), but I'm thinking it was more just getting ahead and not needing the pass.  I'm banking on them going to him early and often in this game, and a big play or two has him in the top-5 along with Denarius Moore.  Yeah, that sounds a little strange.  Brandon Marshall slides way down the list, at least until Cutler is healthy again.  I've seen what Jason Campbell can do to a wide receiver's fantasy value, and it ain't good...


TEs
1.Jimmy Graham
2.Rob Gronkowski
3.Tony Gonzalez 
4.Jason Witten
5.Antonio Gates
6.Owen Daniels
7.Greg Olsen
8.Vernon Davis
9.Brent Celek
10.Heath Miller
11.Brandon Pettigrew
12.Dustin Keller
13.Jermaine Gresham
14.Brandon Myers
15.Dennis Pitta
16.Jermichael Finley
17.Dwayne Allen
18.Scott Chandler

Gronk pulled in a TD last week, but Hernandez was still on the sidelines due to injury.  I'm going to leave him off my rankings until I hear otherwise.  Dustin Keller stayed in my top 10, but he didn't finish there in Week 10.  I removed Dennis Pitta and Kyle Rudolph from my TE rankings, so naturally they each hauled in 60+ yards and a TD .  It was a pretty big week for good tight ends in general, but not so much for my rankings.  I'll try to do better this week, but it just feels like a crap shoot at this point.  Unless you have one of the top five, it's going to be tough week to week.  My top 6 this week is actually exactly the same as the espn expert rankings, and after that it becomes a little more of a guessing game.  I'll hang my hat on Greg Olsen at #7 to have another big week to follow up his huge Week 10 performance.  Tampa Bay is pretty good against the run, and I like Cam to keep going to his tight end (and WRs) a bit more than usual this week.


DEF
1.Texans
2.49ers 
3.Bears
4.Ravens
5.Broncos
6.Falcons
7.Bengals
8.Cowboys
9.Steelers
10.Rams
11.Bucs
12.Jets
13.Patriots
14.Redskins

San Francisco didn't live up to their top billing last week, which was pretty surprising at home against the Rams.  I had the Steelers at the #2 spot, but they finished 12th.  I was planning to roll with the Patriots as my Week 10 streaming defense, but I had the Dolphins in my lineup and was unable to change it on Sunday due to Yahoo's server issue.  Luckily it didn't cost me a win, but I still want to try to get as many points as possible because I might need them as a tiebreaker if I make it that far come the end of the Week 13 games.  Needless to say, the Dolphins were not a good pick, but the Patriots were solid (at least from a fantasy perspective).  This week, I like all of the best defenses at the top, especially with the Texans playing the lowly Jags, and the 49ers and Bears playing each other (and both probably with backup QBs).  I would say that'll probably be a 13-10 game, but I actually think each team might get an offensive TD and combined it wouldn't surprise me if there were 3 or 4 defensive TDs.  I'm dead serious.  I like the Ravens for pretty much the same reason.  If Big Ben can't go, in a rivalry game, T Sizzle and crew will be going after Leftwich.  The Bengals are my streaming defense this week.  Hopefully they'll keep the trend rolling against those horrible Chiefs!



Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment