Friday, November 9, 2012

Re: Real Football Predictions

It's Week 10 in the NFL, and my fantasy team has the same record as my real life team: the Redskins.  Damn.  That's a little depressing.  I did my fantasy mid-year review, so I thought I'd take a look at my actual football predictions for the year and see how they're holding up.  To refresh your memory, here they are:

AFC East: New England
AFC North: Baltimore
AFC South: Houston
AFC West: San Diego
AFC Wild Card1: Buffalo Bills
AFC Wild Card2: Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC East: New York Giants
NFC North: Green Bay Packers
NFC South: Atlanta Falcons
NFC West: San Francisco 49ers
NFC Wild Card1: Chicago Bears
NFC Wild Card2: Detroit Lions

Super Bowl Prediction: New England over Chicago

I must say, aside from the Bills and Lions, that doesn't look too bad right now.  And in fact, of the five losses for the Bills, three of them were New England, San Fran, and Houston.  Those aren't bad losses by any means, and the rest of the season for them is much easier than the first half, so who knows?  Of course I mean the rest of the season, as in, after this week when they play at New England.  

As for the Lions, they flat out struggled early on, but they've won their last two and get a chance at revenge against Minnesota this week.  They still have to play Green Bay twice, and they end the year versus Atlanta and Chicago, but at least those two games are at home.  And you never know, those teams might be set for the playoffs and be resting players.  It has definitely happened before.  I guess if I were to change any picks at this point, it'd be the Bills and Lions, but I'll just stick to my guns...for now.

I like the rest of my picks, as most of those teams are leading their divisions as of right now.  The only other one that isn't is the Chargers, and I don't really know what to think about the AFC West just yet.  Everyone seems to be on the Bronco/PeytonManning bandwagon, and while their losses have been to good teams, their wins haven't been against great teams.  That being said, it is the AFC West, and the rest of their schedule is pretty soft.  They beat the Chargers in San Diego earlier this season, and they get them at home in Week 11.  If they can win that game, they're in the driver's seat to win that division for sure.  But seeing as how they have losses to Atlanta, Houston, and New England, I don't think they're going to be a true Super Bowl contender (while those other guys will be...along with the Bears of course, per my prediction).

I still like New England over Chicago for the Super Bowl.  I'll roll with that one all the way to the end!!!

Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment