Wednesday, October 12, 2016

2016 Fantasy Football Week 6 Rankings


Last weekend was a crazy one for the Wheeler family, which grew by one on Friday night.  That's right.  This little confused fan in the picture is Riley, and she came into the world just in time for the week's Jeopardy finale.  Of course my wife and I were a little busy to see who Alex Trebek ridiculed during final jeopardy, but by Sunday we actually caught most of the Ravens-Redskins game.  I like to think that our daughter's allegiance was determined on Sunday when the Redskins squeaked out the victory, but time will tell who she roots for.  Right now she mostly just sleeps.

I hope to still have some time for my rankings in the weeks to come.  I mean, if I can do them this week then I should be able to do them every week, right?  With the significant lack of time this week, I'm going to skip my position picks versus the ESPN experts. I'll still do a quick recap of my Week 5 picks, even though most of them were terrible.

To the rankings!

BYE: Minnesota & Tampa Bay

QBs
1.Tom Brady 
2.Ben Roethlisberger   
3.Cam Newto 
4.Russell Wilson 
5.Drew Brees  
6.Aaron Rodgers  
7.Derek Carr 
8.Carson Palmer
9.Andrew Luck
10.Matthew Stafford  
11.Blake Bortles
12.Carson Wentz
13.Dak Prescott   
14.Matt Ryan      
15.Brian Hoyer 
16.Alex Smith  
17.Tyrod Taylor    
18.Andy Dalton 
19.Kirk Cousins 
20.Marcus Mariota  

In Week 5 I was high on Dak Prescott (ESPN #18, ME #12) and down on Andy Dalton (ESPN #7 ME #17).  Coincidentally, these two QBs faced each other on Sunday, and I actually saw bits and pieces of this game since it was televised and I still was working on a decent night's sleep!  Dak continued to play well, but he wasn't a top-12 fantasy QB.  He did finish in the top-15 though, so he did better than the experts thought.  As for the other QB in this game, Garbage Time Andy struck again!  The only other time I was down on Dalton this year, he did the same damn thing.  My pick was looking really good as the Cowboys had a 28-0 lead going into the 4th quarter.  But then Dalton threw 2 TDs to Brandon LaFell of all people, one of which was with only a couple of minutes left in the game.  He actually finished right about where the ESPN guys ranked him, so I'll give them credit on this one (even though I still say it was kind of lucky, but whatever).
RBs
1.Le'Veon Bell 
2.David Johnson 
3.DeMarco Murray 
4.LeSean McCoy 
5.Ezekiel Elliott 
6.Todd Gurley   
7.Melvin Gordon 
8.Jordan Howard 
9.Mark Ingram
10.C.J. Anderson
11.Carlos Hyde 
12.Lamar Miller  
13.Christine Michael
14.Devonta Freeman 
15.Isaiah Crowell    
16.Frank Gore  
17.Terrance West 
18.Jamaal Charles  
19.Eddie Lacy  
20.LeGarrette Blount  
21.Jonathan Stewart  
22.Ryan Mathews
23.Matt Forte  
24.Tevin Coleman    
25.TJ Yeldon 
26.Theo Riddick
27.Giovani Bernard  
28.Matt Jones 
29.James White
30.Jeremy Hill  
31.Jalen Richard  
32.Jay Ajayi   
33.Rashad Jennings 
34.Chris Ivory 
35.Spencer Ware
36.DeAndre Washington   
37.Bilal Powell 
38.Darren Sproles 
39.Bobby Rainey   
40.Duke Johnson 
41.Devontae Booker   
42.Fozzy Whittaker  
43.Kenneth Dixon    
44.Derrick Henry  
45.Chris Thompson  
46.Justin Forsett 
47.Orleans Darkwa
48.C.J. Spiller 
49.Andre Ellington 
50.Cameron Artis-Payne 

I had to dig deep into my rankings to find a RB I was high/low on versus the ESPN experts for the second week in a row: Chris Thompson (ESPN #52, ME #40) & Derrick Henry (ESPN #38, ME #47).  I was right on Thompson but off with Henry, as both guys were actually top-40 fantasy RBs in Week 5.
WRs
1.Antonio Brown 
2.Allen Robinson   
3.Jordy Nelson 
4.DeAndre Hopkins  
5.A.J. Green   
6.TY Hilton 
7.Odell Beckham, Jr.    
8.Julio Jones 
9.Kelvin Benjamin 
10.Brandon Marshall 
11.Larry Fitzgerald 
12.Marvin Jones Jr. 
13.DeMaryius Thomas 
14.Brandin Cooks 
15.Michael Crabtree 
16.Doug Baldwin 
17.Amari Cooper 
18.Jarvis Landry 
19.Jeremy Maclin 
20.Emmanuel Sanders  
21.Julian Edelman   
22.Alshon Jeffery 
23.Jordan Matthews 
24.Sammie Coates 
25.Terrelle Pryor   
26.Will Fuller 
27.Randall Cobb 
28.Willie Snead
29.John Brown 
30.Cameron Meredith  
31.Travis Benjamin 
32.Quincy Enunwa  
33.Sterling Shepard  
34.Tyrell Williams 
35.DeSean Jackson 
36.Allen Hurns    
37.Cole Beasley  
38.Robert Woods
39.DeVante Parker 
40.Michael Floyd   
41.Chris Hogan  
42.Michael Thomas  
43.Tavon Austin 
44.Eddie Royal 
45.Kamar Aiken 
46.Terrance Williams 
47.Jeremy Kerley  
48.Golden Tate 
49.Jamison Crowder
50.Davante Adams 

I was high on Kenny Stills (ESPN NOT RANKED, ME #43) who got no respect from the ESPN guys.  He had been a top-25 WR in his last 3 games, but he had a big fat goose egg against the Titans.  I was definitely way off there.  As for Larry Fitzgerald (ESPN #21, ME #30), I was right in saying he'd only get about 70 yards without Carson Palmer throwing to him (he ended up with 81).  But what I didn't count on was Drew Stanton hitting him for 2 scores, landing him as a top-5 play.  He's back into my top-12 this week, and Stills is out of my top-50.  

TEs
1.Rob Gronkowski 
2.Greg Olsen 
3.Delanie Walker 
4.Jimmy Graham
5.Travis Kelce
6.Zach Miller 
7.Martellus Bennett  
8.Julius Thomas 
9.Coby Fleener
10.Dennis Pitta
11.Zach Ertz 
12.Gary Barnidge  
13.Jason Witten  
14.Antonio Gates 
15.Jesse James
16.Richard Rodgers
17.Dwayne Allen 
18.Hunter Henry 
19.Jacob Tamme  
20.Charles Clay   

Last week I was high on Richard Rodgers (ESPN #20, ME #12) and down on Hunter Henry (ESPN #7, ME #13), which also proved to be bad picks.  Henry had a 59 yard play and a 1 yard touchdown, which made him a top-5 fantasy TE in Week 5.  Richard Rodgers was targeted in the endzone a couple of times against the G-Men, but he only caught one of his five targets and was not a good play on Sunday night.

I'm not liking the tight end position this week for my fantasy matchup.  Jordan Reed is dealing with a concussion, so he'll likely be a no-go against Philly this week (the Eagles give up the fewest points to the TE position anyway).  And I'm facing Gronk, who has yet to go off yet this year (which means he's due).  Bennett had the big game last week, and I'm afraid the party boy is going to drop a big number in Week 6.
DEF
1.Cardinals
2.Bills  
3.Broncos 
4.Patriots 
5.Seahawks  
6.Titans 
7.Eagles 
8.Steelers
9.Texans  
10.Packers   
11.Rams 
12.Ravens 
13.Panthers
14.Lions
15.Raiders

Last week my defense rankings didn't differ very much from ESPN's, so I didn't have picks at this position.  Hopefully I'll get back to the comparisons next week, but I'll at least try to keep up with the rankings.

Until then, good luck to everyone in Week 6!  
(Except you, David...)

Cheers,
Bart


No comments:

Post a Comment