Wednesday, November 11, 2015

2015 Fantasy Football Week 10 Rankings

Current moods about fantasy football: "ugh", "meh", and mostly just "whatever".

Image result for tom brady
The Tom Brady era is about to begin for my team.
I just feel so defeated.  Hey, maybe it's because I keep losing.  Maybe it's because last week I faced DeAngelo Williams and Cam Newton, who apparently didn't play against actual NFL defenses in Week 9.  The thing is, I'm putting up a TON of points in all of my leagues, but I'm hovering right around .500 in my money league that I care the most about.  I'm 4th in points scored in that league but I've had the 2nd most points put up against me.  That amounts to a 4-5 record, which is currently 7th place and it SUCKS!  The guy ahead of me (6th place) has the 3rd FEWEST points scored, but he also has the fewest points against him.

Enough complaining though.  That's just how it works out sometimes.  I'm still right there in the playoff picture in all of my leagues, and this week I get to face the guy ahead of me in 6th place.  A couple of days ago, I would have said the bye week is killing me.  But I was able to trade Philip Rivers and Danny Woodhead for Tom Brady, so it's not terrible.  I'll only be without Frank Gore and Julio Jones this week.  Next week is the last week of the byes, and then it's down to business.  But I'm trying to get down to business right now and get back to 5-5 in that league.

Let's do the rankings!


BYES: Chargers, Colts, Falcons, 49ers

QBs
1.Aaron Rodgers 
2.Tom Brady 
3.Drew Brees
4.Andy Dalton 
5.Blake Bortles
6.Cam Newton 
7.Derek Carr
8.Eli Manning  
9.Carson Palmer 
10.Peyton Manning
11.Russell Wilson
12.Kirk Cousins 
13.Ryan Fitzpatrick 
14.Matthew Stafford 
15.Joe Flacco

Last week I was high on Smokin' Jay Cutler (ESPN #16, ME #9), who had a solid game on Monday Night Football.  He finished as the 13th best fantasy QB in Week 9, one spot ahead of the QB I was down on: Peyton Manning (ESPN #11, ME NOT RANKED).  So I was mostly right in being high on Cutler and down on Peyton last week.  This week I'm actually ranking Manning in my top-10 with an easier home matchup against the Chiefs, and Jay will be outside of my top-15 as he travels to St. Louis.

I'm high on: Peyton Manning (ESPN #14, ME #10)
Well, well, well.  What a difference a week can make!  I realize that up until his 2 TDs against Indy, Peyton had only thrown 2 TDs in his previous FOUR games.  But the Chiefs have given up 16 passing TDs on the year, and I think Manning is going to sling it in this one.  Maybe the Broncos threw it more last week because they were losing by so much at halftime, but I just have a feeling that they'll throw it 40+ times this week.  I like Peyton as a top-10 play.

I'm not feeling Tyrod this week.
I'm down on: Tyrod Taylor (ESPN #11, ME NOT RANKED) 
I've been right on being down on Tyrod before, and I think I'll be right again.  He didn't look great in his first game back from injury, and he faces one of the best defenses in the league on a short week.  I think the Bills will give a heavy dose of Shady and Karlos, and I think Tyrod could potentially be a turnover machine in this Thursday nighter.  He only threw the ball 12 times last week, and he has only 1 passing TD in each of his last 3 games.  No thanks.

RBs
1.Todd Gurley
2.DeAngelo Williams 
3.Adrian Peterson 
4.Mark Ingram 
5.DeMarco Murray 
6.Marshawn Lynch 
7.Justin Forsett
8.LeGarrette Blount  
9.Darren McFadden  
10.Chris Ivory 
11.Lamar Miller 
12.Doug Martin 
13.Jonathan Stewart 
14.Charcandrick West 
15.James Starks   
16.Latavius Murray    
17.Giovani Bernard 
18.LeSean McCoy
19.TJ Yeldon 
20.Jeremy Langford 
21.Alfred Blue 
22.Jeremy Hill   
23.Chris Johnson 
24.Matt Jones 
25.Antonio Andrews 
26.CJ Anderson 
27.Ryan Mathews   
28.Ronnie Hillman   
29.Joique Bell  
30.Karlos Williams 
31.Eddie Lacy  
32.Duke Johnson  
33.Charles Sims  
34.Shane Vereen 
35.Isaiah Crowell  

My running back rankings looked nearly identical to ESPN's last week, so I didn't have any comparisons for you at this position.  Let's get right into a couple of guys I like this week versus the experts, shall we?

I'm high on: Charcandrick West (ESPN #22, ME #14)
Here's a guy I've been high on before versus the ESPN experts and been right.  All he's done since taking over for Jamaal Charles is average over 100 yard and a TD in both of those games.  Granted, those were matchups against the Steelers and Lions, but Denver didn't exactly slow down Indy's running attack last week.  Charcandrick has at least 20 rushing attempts in both of his starts, and I think that trend with continue.  I think he'll have at least 100 total yards and could find the endzone this weekend.

I'm also high on: Alfred Blue (ESPN #29, ME #21) 
If the Texans can keep it close, I like Blue to have a good game.
I know I usually give you a running back I'm down on versus the ESPN experts here, but I don't really have one this week.  So I'll talk about another guy I'm high on versus the experts.  Alfred Blue has had a couple of opportunities this season to handle the backfield with Arian Foster out, and he's done a pretty good job in those games.  In fact, he had 31 carries in Week 3 against the Bucs.  I could see him having a similar workload on Monday night against the Bengals.  I do worry about the Texans keeping this game close and potentially abandoning the run if the game gets out of hand.  But I actually think Houston WILL keep it close and Andy Dalton could potentially struggle in prime time (I know, shocking).  I like for Blue to get a ton of work in this game, and I like him as a solid RB2 this week.

WRs
1.Odell Beckham, Jr.  
2.DeAndre Hopkins
3.Allen Robinson 
4.Alshon Jeffery 
5.Randall Cobb 
6.Calvin Johnson 
7.Demaryius Thomas    
8.Antonio Brown   
9.AJ Green 
10.Julian Edelman   
11.Emmanuel Sanders 
12.Dez Bryant 
13.Brandon Marshall 
14.Amari Cooper  
15.Mike Evans   
16.Michael Crabtree    
17.Jarvis Landry 
18.Eric Decker  
19.Allen Hurns 
20.Brandin Cooks
21.Stefon Diggs   
22.Jeremy Maclin   
23.Martavis Bryant 
24.Larry Fitzgerald  
25.Jordan Matthews 
26.Kamar Aiken 
27.Brandon LaFell 
28.Willie Snead   
29.Tavon Austin  
30.Sammy Watkins  
31.DeSean Jackson  
32.Davante Adams  
33.John Brown
34.Golden Tate  
35.Travis Benjamin

Last week I was high on Tavon Austin (ESPN #37, ME #23) and down on DeSean Jackson (ESPN #26, ME NOT RANKED).  While Austin didn't finish in the top-25 WRs, he did finish 33rd as he racked up 81 total yards.  The crazy thing is, 66 of those yards were on 8 RUSHING attempts!  The Rams are getting the ball into the hands of their playmakers, and that's Gurley and Austin.  I'll continue to rank him as a top-30 WR until he proves me otherwise.  As for DeSean, he struggled like the rest of the Redskins in New England.  He only managed 3 catches for 15 yards and proved why ESPN was insane to rank him 26th in his first game since Week 1.  I'm actually going to rank him this week as he faces the Saints secondary though.  They seem to forget about receivers at times, and I feel like DeSean should be able to sneak by for a big play in this one.

I'm high on: Kamar Aiken (ESPN #38, ME #26)
If Joe Flacco is a top-15 QB this week, who is he throwing to?  Kamar Aiken, that's who.  Sure, he'll probably throw to Crockett Gillmore a bit and dump a few screens off to Forsett.  But Aiken is the #1 WR in Baltimore now that Steve Smith is done for the season with a torn Achilles.  I like Aiken to have a good game this week, and I can't believe the ESPN experts ranked him 38th!

I'm down on: Larry Fitzgerald (ESPN #17, ME #24) 
Larry had a super hot start to the season, but he has somewhat cooled off since then.  He has 216 yards and 1 TD in his last 3 games, and now he faces a Seattle defense that gives up the fewest points to WRs this season.  Fitzgerald hasn't had a ton of success versus the Seahawks in his career, and I don't like him as much as the ESPN experts do this week.

TEs
1.Rob Gronkowski 
2.Greg Olsen
3.Tyler Eifert
4.Jordan Reed
5.Gary Barnidge
6.Delanie Walker 
7.Travis Kelce
8.Martellus Bennett
9.Benjamin Watson
10.Jimmy Graham

The TE I was high on in Week 9 was Charles Clay (ESPN #14, ME #8), who was playing against his old team for the second time this year.  In the first game, he dropped 82 yards and a TD against the Dolphins.  Last week?  Not so much.  Somehow he only got 1 target in this game, but the Bills got the W and I'm sure that's all they're worried about.  Clay is now out of my rankings after that poor performance, and the Bills face the Jets tomorrow night anyway (not a great matchup).

I like the Jag WRs this week, but not Julius.
I was down on Julius Thomas (ESPN #11, ME NOT RANKED), who was actually targeted 8 times.  But he only hauled in 3 of those for a meager 14 yards.  He's not making a ton of plays with Bortles, and I'm not going to rank him in my top-10 until he shows otherwise.  My tight end rankings are pretty much the same as ESPN's this week, so no comparisons at this position.  Let's move on to the defenses.

DEF
1.Broncos
2.Panthers  
3.Rams
4.Jets 
5.Packers 
6.Bengals
7.Cardinals 
8.Patriots  
9.Steelers  
10.Seahawks

For the second week in a row, my top-10 was basically the same as ESPN's (just in a little different order).  So I didn't have a good comparison at that position either.  This week is more of the same, except I'm definitely down on the Seahawks versus the ESPN experts (ESPN #5, ME #10).  They're obviously ranking them as a top-5 fantasy defense, but I don't see that happening against a Cardinals team coming off a bye and giving up the 2nd fewest points to opposing defenses this year.  I think Arizona might pull off a win at Seattle, and I don't see the Seahawks as an elite defense this week.

Good luck to everyone in Week 10!  
(Except you, David...)

Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment