Wednesday, September 8, 2021

2021 Fantasy Football Week 1 Rankings

Is it just me or has it been a long summer?  COVID isn't over...and neither is baseball.  But we finally made it to the 2021 NFL season!

It feels good to get my initial Week 1 rankings done, and I'll be adjusting them as practice notes start trickling in.  So check back often.  Seriously, I could use the clicks!

Feel free to let me know what you think on Twitter @bartonwheeler, and I'll post my betting picks below my rankings.  Sports betting was illegal in my state of Virginia last year, but not anymore!  So now I'll be using my own advice on some of these picks.  I'll be adjusting those regularly as well, likely all the way up to kickoff times. 

Below my betting picks will be my real football predictions in case you care to see those...

You may notice I'm relatively low on rookies in Week 1 because I want to see it first before I rank most of them higher.  If you want to start Najee Harris or a guy like Trey Sermon against the Lions, go for it.  But I think Sermon is likely a FLEX at best.  As for someone like Michael Carter, the Jets didn't even list him on their official depth chart.  So tread lightly with guys like him in Week 1.  If guys go off in their first NFL game, I'll adjust accordingly.  But for now, most are relatively low.
OK.  Let's get to the rankings!



 
>


So here are my real football predictions for the 2021 season.  I've been way off with my Super Bowl winners the last two years.  I picked the Rams to win it all in 2019, but I did have the Chiefs at least making it to the Super Bowl.  Then last year I picked the Saints over the Chiefs, so I am consistently getting the Chiefs right to make it to the Super Bowl.  This year I think I'll actually pick them to win it.  Let's take a look at the rest of my picks, shall we?


AFC East: Buffalo Bills
AFC North: Baltimore Ravens
AFC South: Tennessee Titans
AFC West: Kansas City Chiefs
AFC Wild Card1: Los Angeles Chargers
AFC Wild Card2: Cleveland Browns
AFC Wild Card3: New England Patriots
[Chiefs over Ravens in AFC Championship Game]

NFC East: Dallas Cowboys
NFC North: Green Bay Packers
NFC South: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFC West: San Francisco 49ers 
NFC Wild Card1: Los Angeles Rams 
NFC Wild Card2: Seattle Seahawks
NFC Wild Card3: Minnesota Vikings
[Packers over Rams in NFC Championship Game]

Super Bowl Prediction: Chiefs over Packers

2 comments: