Thursday, December 6, 2012

Week 14 Rankings

Well I did what I could, but it wasn't enough.  I won my matchup, scored the second most points in Week 13, but I needed another guy to lose (and he did not).  So I finished just one win outside of the playoffs, but I still have something to play for: consolation bracket champion, which in my league means more balls in next year's lottery draft.  Sorry it's so late this week but I've been out of town.  Let's get right into the Week 14 rankings...

QBs
1.Aaron Rodgers
2.Peyton Manning
3.Drew Brees
4.Andrew Luck
5.Tom Brady
6.Cam Newton
7.Matthew Stafford
8.RGIII
9.Eli Manning
10.Matt Ryan
11.Josh Freeman
12.Colin Kaepernick
13.Tony Romo
14.Matt Schaub
15.Andy Dalton
16.Joe Flacco   
17.Russell Wilson
18.Ryan Fitzpatrick
19.Carson Palmer 
20.Chad Henne                           

Brady, Brees, and Rodgers all picked a bad week to underperform.  I'm sure there are a lot of frustrated fantasy owners out there after the games those guys had in Week 13.  I had Peyton Manning as my #1 overall, and he definitely did the best of the top guys, but Luck and Newton were the headliners (along with Russell Wilson...crazy).

I dropped RGIII considerably in my rankings last week, and he had an average game against the Giants (but the W in real football is all that mattered to me!).  I look for about the same this week, so I don't have him in my top 5 for the second week in a row.  I hope he proves me wrong because I'll be at FedEx with his jersey on supporting the team this Sunday (and my wife will be rocking her Ed Reed jersey and getting beer dumped on her head).  Chad Henne didn't have a great game, and neither did Kaepernick, but I think those names will stay on the list for the final weeks of the season.  I liked Fitzpatrick more than the experts for the 1000th time this season, and I highly suggested you start him over guys like Rivers or Flacco (who are pretty mediocre at this point).  Fitzpatrick was a top-10 QB with low yardage, but 3 total TDs.  Note that I do like Flacco more this week, since he is playing against the Washington secondary.  I also have Andrew Luck in my top-5 again, ahead of the likes of Tom Brady and RGIII.  I think he'll keep it rolling against Tennessee at home.  He has healthy WRs, and Vick Ballard could even get himself a scamper TD on a short pass.  You can put it on the boooooooooard......yes!


RBs
1.Trent Richardson 
2.Doug Martin
3.Adrian Peterson
4.Arian Foster
5.Ray Rice
6.Chris Johnson
7.Jamaal Charles
8.Marshawn Lynch
9.Ahmad Bradshaw
10.Bryce Brown
11.CJ Spiller
12.Matt Forte
13.Frank Gore
14.Steven Jackson
15.Alfred Morris
16.Mikel LeShoure
17.Benjarvis Green-Ellis
18.DeMarco Murray
19.Knowshown Moreno
20.Vick Ballard
21.Stevan Ridley
22.Michael Turner
23.Darren Sproles
24.Ryan Mathews
25.Reggie Bush
26.Shonn Greene
27.Jonathan Dwyer
28.Darren McFadden
29.DeAngelo Williams
30.Montell Owens
31.Beanie Wells
32.Fred Jackson
33.Alex Green
34.Jacquizz Rodgers
35.Daniel Thomas
36.Michael Bush
37.Marcel Reece
38.Peyton Hillis
39.Pierre Thomas
40.Mark Ingram

I said last week that Doug Martin belongs in the top 5 from here on out, but I couldn't put him in the top spot against that tough Broncos defense.  He struggled and finished about 25th, but he should bounce back this week against the Eagles.  A couple guys who didn't struggle last week were TRich and AP, and they'll continue to be in the top-5 with the Muscle Hamster.


Last week I also moved up guys like Mikel LeShoure, Marcel Reece, Beanie Wells, and of course, Bryce Brown.  LeShoure and Bryce Brown continue to put up solid numbers, but the other two didn't produce much in Week 13.  Wells has some tough matchups down the stretch, and Reece is going to lose considerable touches now that McFadden is back, so both may find themselves off this list by the end of the season.  I also continued to slide Ryan Mathews down my list, and he's staying low.  I hate to see Norv use him so poorly because he produces whenever given the chance, but what can you do?

One guy I like a lot this week is Vick Ballard.  It sounds like Donald Brown won't be playing on Sunday, and the Titans like to give up a lot of points.  Knowshown Moreno also gets a little boost since he's playing the Raiders, and he is also in the top-20 this week for me, just ahead of Ballard.


WRs
1.Calvin Johnson
2.Demaryius Thomas
3.AJ Green
4.Brandon Marshall
5.Dez Bryant
6.Andre Johnson
7.Victor Cruz
8.Vincent Jackson
9.Wes Welker
10.Reggie Wayne
11.Julio Jones
12.Randall Cobb
13.Marques Colston
14.Roddie White 
15.Pierre Garcon
16.Steve Smith
17.Hakeem Nicks
18.Torrey Smith
19.Steve Johnson
20.Eric Decker
21.Greg Jennings
22.Lance Moore
23.T.Y. Hilton
24.Denarius Moore
25.Sidney Rice
26.Chris Givens
27.Justin Blackmon
28.Josh Gordon
29.Mike Williams
30.Larry Fitzgerald
31.Golden Tate 
32.Michael Crabtree
33.James Jones
34.Kenny Britt
35.Brian Hartline
36.Dwayne Bowe
37.Danario Alexander
38.Brandon LaFell
39.Anquan Boldin
40.Donnie Avery
41.Jeremy Kerley
42.Malcom Floyd

Week 13 wasn't too kind to some of the top WRs, but Megatron and Demaryius Thomas were right there at the very top, and Dez Bryant wasn't far behind.  Andre Johnson had a sub-par game, but I'm not selling on him just yet.  Add Mike Wallace and Jeremy Maclin to the list of guys who are officially unstartable for the foreseeable future (right there alongside Brandon Lloyd).  I'll keep those names off the list and some fresh faces on the list in the weeks to come, unless they change my mind and show me something.

Last week I also stuck with ranking Cobb higher than Jordy, and the latter reaggrevated his hamstring, so he's probably out for a couple more weeks I'm guessing.  That means I like Cobb even more this week, and to a lesser extent Greg Jennings as he works back into the offense.  You can see who else I like and don't like this week.  I'm running on a time crunch seeing as how it's Thursday!


TEs
1.Jimmy Graham
2.Tony Gonzalez 
3.Aaron Hernandez
4.Jason Witten
5.Owen Daniels
6.Brandon Myers
7.Jermaine Gresham
8.Kyle Rudolph
9.Vernon Davis
10.Greg Olsen
11.Heath Miller
12.Martellus Bennett

Aaron Hernandez was a top-10 tight end for the first time in a long time, but he wasn't near the very top.  He racked up the yardage though, and I think he'll find the endzone this week against the Texans.  I'm sticking with him as a top-3 TE.  Brandon Myers remained in my top-10 fantasy TEs as well, and he actually finished as the #1 TE in Week 13.  He continues to be one of Palmer's favorite targets, and I don't see him dropping off this list anytime soon.


I'm really not changing my list up too much this week, except I have removed Antonio Gates from the top-12.  I'm done with him this year.  I'm done with all of the Chargers really.  They've ruined my fantasy season.

Note to self: If you're going to put all of your eggs in one basket by drafting three or four guys on the same team, don't chose the Chargers.  Go with the Patriots!

DEF
1.Seahawks
2.49ers
3.Bears
4.Steelers
5.Jets
6.Broncos
7.Bucs
8.Cardinals
9.Bengals
10.Rams
11.Browns
12.Jags
13.Cowboys
14.Packers

Once again, the Chiefs don't let a defense get a bunch of fantasy points against them.  What gives, KC?!?  Chicago also had a down week, at a time when I really could've used another 20 points out of them.  I could be in the playoffs right now had they....ah, whatever.  Nevermind.  The Ravens were good but not great, and the Jets were a good plug and play defense for me last week.  They did well in an ugly game to get some good fantasy points for owners everywhere.

This week I like Seattle at the top spot, and I think the Bucs would be my plug and play if I didn't have a BYE this week in the consolation bracket.

Good luck to everyone in Week 14!

Cheers,
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment